• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Promenade

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
After nearly 4 years of development, Pokémon Promenade is finally ready!

This game will be based in Essentials v19.1 and contains a fair amount of new features. With an expansive, daily-changing Weather system, a Crafting system for HM Items as well as a few others, the ability to battle the first half of the Gym Leaders in any order you choose, and a Level Cap system that provides a level of challenge and necessary strategy, this game promises to provide something unique.

Based loosely on Egypt, this game dives deep into the lore and mythology of the legendary Pokémon of the Zharo region, a place teeming with over 70 new Pokémon, plus new Legendaries, as well as some regional variants of old Pokémon, some of which evolve into entirely new Pokémon!

You start out having just ridden a truck over to the newly discovered Azgi Ruins, a set of ancient pyramids located just east of the largest city in Zharo! You and your best friend were selected to be interns for the famous Professor Eucal, an archaeologist who heads up an exploration team based in Zharo. While on your way to meet him in the ruins, you and your friend stumble upon a hidden room in one of the tombs, which then leads you to discover 3 eggs! This is the beginning of your journey through Zharo as you study the history and lore of the region and the mystery behind these eggs that are thought to have been buried for centuries!

Some of the features you can expect from Pokémon Promenade are:

• Over 70 new fakemons with an interesting and unique art style.
  • Some Pokémon from up to Generation 8 make an appearance.
  • Brand new daily weather system
  • EBDX with lots of Mid-Battle Dialogue use to make more interesting battles
  • Item Crafting system
  • New items and moves
  • A new weather for EVERY type
  • 3 NEW TYPES!!!!!!!
    • These new types take older mons into consideration, so expect to relearn Pokémon you used to think you knew!
  • An extensive side quest related directly to the daily weather system!
  • The ability to challenge the first 4 Gyms in any order
  • Level Capping and stronger AI to make the game challenging
==========================
DOWNLOAD
=========================

DOWNLOAD LINK
==========================
Join the Discord linked here to download the latest version as patches will also be released as soon as they are completed, while updates will be more timed,

Discord link: https://discord.gg/mTEkbDn6bu

Documentation

Creator
Phantombass

Most Scripting and Regional Variant Art
Phantombass

Non-EBDX Move Animations
Pokémon Reborn Team

EBDX
Sprites:
  • GameFreak | Original sprites from B/W/2 games
  • Pokecheck.org | Ripping the sprites from B2/W2 roms
  • PinkCatDragon | GIF to PNG conversion
  • Tebited15, WolfPP, Issei Hyoudou, Nasasu, luckygirl88 | B/W styled trainer Red/Leaf sprites
  • WolfPP | B/W styled trainer Leaf sprite
  • Spriters-Resource (redblueyellow), Damien, WolfPP | Gen 5 ball sprites
Sound Effects:
  • GameFreak | Original sound effects from B/W/2 games
  • BadSamaritan | Ripping the sound effects
Other:
  • Luka S.J. | Elite Battle: DX
  • Pokémon Essentials | Base system
  • Maruno, Marin, Golisopod User | General help, support, and bouncing off ideas
  • PinkCatDragon | GIF to PNG conversion

Modular Title Screen, Luka's Scripting Utilities, Fancy Badges
Luka S.J.

Marin's Staircases
Marin

Hotfixes
Maruno

Voltseon Handy Tools
Voltseon

Item Find
Boonzeet
Golisopod User

DexNav
Nuri Yuri
Mej 71
derFischae
Kleinstudio
Phantombass

Item Crafting
Phantombass

Speech Bubble Script
Boonzeet
Carmaniac
Avery

Speed Up
Maruno
Phantombass

Overworld Shadows
Golisopod User
Wolf PP
Marin

Tilesets
Kyledove

MKXP Tileset Compatibility Script
Pokémon Reborn Team

Art
Bl00dy

Other
ThatWelshOne_ - feedback, playtesting, etc.

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy, MiDas Mike
Brother1440, Near Fantastica
FL., PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami, Popper
Golisopod User, Rataime
help-14, Savordez
IceGod64, SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock, he__end
KitsuneKouta, Venom12
Lisa Anthony, Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Attachments

• Battle Demo.png
    Battle Demo.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 9,607
  • Icaro.png
    Icaro.png
    342.6 KB · Views: 7,455
  • 900.png
    900.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 5,527
  • 902.png
    902.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 4,093
  • 904.png
    904.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 7,803
Last edited:

safr

Elite Trainer
I download this right now and i think you need to make more screenshots or video short gameplay as trailer

h04ks

Rookie
Hey together. I had a great time with the game so far. I achieved the 4th badge eventually. Now I am utterly lost. Apparently I am meant to amake it through the range, but the only route I am able to find would need either HM Strength or Rockclimb. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance!

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
Hey, started this up today. Enjoying it thus far! Was using the DexNav on route 1 to try and get a Poocheyna with the Rattled HA and the game CTD. I replicated the crash just now; no error message, the game just closes. I just started so didn't lose much (I did have a female Deino so a bit salty about that but I will get over it, lol!).

Just wanted to let you know about the bug, will definitely give more input as I keep playing. :-)

phantombass

Cooltrainer
Hey, started this up today. Enjoying it thus far! Was using the DexNav on route 1 to try and get a Poocheyna with the Rattled HA and the game CTD. I replicated the crash just now; no error message, the game just closes. I just started so didn't lose much (I did have a female Deino so a bit salty about that but I will get over it, lol!).

Just wanted to let you know about the bug, will definitely give more input as I keep playing. :-)
I apologize. The DexNav randomly decides to crash the game every so often. It's difficult to replicate because it's so random but it is known. Thank you :) I'll look to trying to update that soon

Crooked Panther

Rookie
Are the Natures of the starters pre-determined? I have restarted the game 4 times yet i keep getting the same nature...

Back