• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
rainefallPortraits

Resource rainefallPortraits 1.3

Mikachu

Rookie
Also having issues getting portraits to work.

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 5 (coords 1,2), map 22 (Mom's Home)
Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `“birdkeeper”' for #<Interpreter @event_id: 5>

***Full script:
Rf.new_portrait(“birdkeeper”)
Rf.set_speaker("Mom")

Backtrace:
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
Interpreter:138:in `eval'
Interpreter:138:in `execute_script'
Interpreter_Commands:1177:in `command_355'
Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:130:in `block in update'
Interpreter:86:in `loop'
Interpreter:86:in `update'
Scene_Map:167:in `block in update'
Scene_Map:166:in `loop'

i've tried everything I could think of, added .png to the end, renamed it, with and without capitals.. it just won't work

rainefall

riley
Expo Team
Also having issues getting portraits to work.

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 5 (coords 1,2), map 22 (Mom's Home)
Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `“birdkeeper”' for #<Interpreter @event_id: 5>

***Full script:
Rf.new_portrait(“birdkeeper”)
Rf.set_speaker("Mom")

Backtrace:
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
Interpreter:138:in `eval'
Interpreter:138:in `execute_script'
Interpreter_Commands:1177:in `command_355'
Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:130:in `block in update'
Interpreter:86:in `loop'
Interpreter:86:in `update'
Scene_Map:167:in `block in update'
Scene_Map:166:in `loop'

i've tried everything I could think of, added .png to the end, renamed it, with and without capitals.. it just won't work
Replace the "" around birdkeeper, you have the decorative directional quotation marks which don't work (notice how they look different to the ones surrounding Mom)

NVM, even when removing this, it seems the constant in the script is the issue. It's not defined? Even though it says it should be.
Should be fixed, redownload the script.

Last edited:

Mikachu

Rookie
Replace the "" around birdkeeper, you have the decorative directional quotation marks which don't work (notice how they look different to the ones surrounding Mom)

Should be fixed, redownload the script.
that worked perfectly thank you! Such a little thing

Zephyrias

Novice
I have an intro event to run the portraits. When I changed the settings to turn off the outlines, it doesn't load the portraits in the intro scene. Any other event past the scene works fine.

Once I put back the outlines, run the game, the portraits come back and any other event past the intro has an outline. I wish to have no outlines at all.

rainefall

riley
Expo Team
I have an intro event to run the portraits. When I changed the settings to turn off the outlines, it doesn't load the portraits in the intro scene. Any other event past the scene works fine.

Once I put back the outlines, run the game, the portraits come back and any other event past the intro has an outline. I wish to have no outlines at all.
Can you show me your intro event?

rainefall

riley
Expo Team

View: https://imgur.com/a/A8CCnDT
here is the intro event and the map event.

I believe the problem is caused by the Show Picture event command. I have update the script to force the portraits to draw over any pictures shown with the Show Picture event command. Thank you for pointing this out as I wouldn't have noticed otherwise (I don't use Show Picture ever)

Zephyrias

Novice
I believe the problem is caused by the Show Picture event command. I have update the script to force the portraits to draw over any pictures shown with the Show Picture event command. Thank you for pointing this out as I wouldn't have noticed otherwise (I don't use Show Picture ever)
Good to know. What about Panoramas? I'm using either show pictures or panos as psuedo bgs for visual novel style cutscenes.

PowermonTrainerLeafhead

Novice
Thanks for making this plugin! For my use case, it would be useful if I can have the portrait show up at a chosen location on screen. Do you know if there is a way to do that?

Back