• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
PLA Battle Styles [v20.1]

Resource PLA Battle Styles [v20.1] v1.0.9

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 submitted a new resource:

PLA Battle Styles [v20.1] - An adaptation of the Strong/Agile Style system from Pokemon Legends Arceus into Pokemon Essentials.

PLA Battle Styles for v20.1
An adaptation of the Strong/Agile Style system from Pokemon Legends Arceus into Pokemon Essentials.
DvtLEI3.gif
pwzfokK.gif

Overview
In Pokemon Legends Arceus, a new battle mechanic was introduced that allowed you to shift the battle style of your Pokemon during combat to optimize their attacks in certain...

Read more about this resource...

Lucidious89

Champion
is it possible to make it compatible with v19 and ebdx system ?
Nope. You're better off waiting for EBDX to be updated to v20.1, which it will be.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
One question: If i have the: Essentials deluxe + focus meter + enhanced ui + zud plugins installed with this plugin, will it clash with the other ones? I'm asking, because i'm running some tests with this one, but without the zud plugin for now, cus i need more time to spent with it, and i'm getting an error after choosing a move, but the game still runs normal. At a first look, i think that it didn't clash with the focus meter or the enhanced ui plugin. I didn't change much, only the true or false in the level-up moves, which i make it false.

Lucidious89

Champion
One question: If i have the: Essentials deluxe + focus meter + enhanced ui + zud plugins installed with this plugin, will it clash with the other ones? I'm asking, because i'm running some tests with this one, but without the zud plugin for now, cus i need more time to spent with it, and i'm getting an error after choosing a move, but the game still runs normal. At a first look, i think that it didn't clash with the focus meter or the enhanced ui plugin. I didn't change much, only the true or false in the level-up moves, which i make it false.
I mean, I would need to see the error. But all my plugins are designed to work together, yes. Thats the whole point of the Essentials Deluxe plugin.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Hello again. After some tests, i fixed the error i was reporting. One script of mine was clashing with yours, so i changed its "positions" where yours go below of the one that was clashing with yours, and now this plugin works without any problem. By the way, wild pokemon used this battle styles and its a lot more fun than simple battles. XD Another thing, focus meter system plugin works without issues too, i've tested in many ways like this one.

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated PLA Battle Styles [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.5 Update

• Refactored all of the code related to displaying Style buttons while in the Fight Menu, and moved it into this plugin instead of keeping it in Essentials Deluxe.
  • Fixed a visual bug related to the Styles button in the Fight Menu that wouldn't display the button properly.
  • Fixed an error that would occur when the Battle Style animation would trigger in a battle with an unequal number of battlers on both sides.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.0.7 Update

• Made several updates to the script in preparation for the release of the Terastal Phenomenon plugin.
  • When using the "battleStyle", "strongStyle" or "agileStyle" midbattle triggers, you may now add the ID of a specific species such as "strongStyleRATTATA" or "agileStylePIKACHU" to trigger only when those specific species enter a battle style.

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.0.8 Update

IMPORTANT This update requires v1.2.5 of Essentials Deluxe to be installed. That update requires that you start a new game. IMPORTANT

• Fixed an oversight that would prevent level-ups gained through the use of Rare Candies from properly mastering a Pokemon's moves when reaching the appropriate levels.
  • Level-ups gained through the use of Exp. Candy will now also properly master a Pokemon's moves...

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.0.9 Update

ATTENTION! Final Update!
With the release of Essentials v21, this will be the final update for PLA Battle Styles for v20.1. Going forward I will instead be fully focused on v21, so I will no longer be updating or supporting this plugin. I intend to take a break before I even start thinking about how or when I'm going to start working on a v21 iteration of the plugin, so don't ask me about a time frame for release. I will keep this plugin...

Leondrea

Trainer
I kinda like the style of it, the only critique I have so far; are those descriptions, the entire screen is full of text. I hope you know what I mean by that. I don't want to be rude, your script is amazing, the style of it too, it resembles PLA, and I love it, if you just could put the descriptions off the screen, or put it somewhere else. I have played PLA, but I can't remember the entire screen being full of text (description-wise), when battling in strong or agile style, I don't think the screen was so full of text, was it?

Lucidious89

Champion
I kinda like the style of it, the only critique I have so far; are those descriptions, the entire screen is full of text. I hope you know what I mean by that. I don't want to be rude, your script is amazing, the style of it too, it resembles PLA, and I love it, if you just could put the descriptions off the screen, or put it somewhere else. I have played PLA, but I can't remember the entire screen being full of text (description-wise), when battling in strong or agile style, I don't think the screen was so full of text, was it?
Theres a setting to have it hidden unless toggled.

PLA did have text describing what impact the styles had on your moves, but the UI in that game was built around displaying this information, so it wasnt intrusive. I also found it important to clarify what the styles do here because of how different the mechanics work here than they do in PLA due to how different the battle systems are. I cant expect players to intuitively knowhhow everything works.

Leondrea

Trainer
Theres a setting to have it hidden unless toggled.

PLA did have text describing what impact the styles had on your moves, but the UI in that game was built around displaying this information, so it wasnt intrusive. I also found it important to clarify what the styles do here because of how different the mechanics work here than they do in PLA due to how different the battle systems are. I cant expect players to intuitively knowhhow everything works.
ok, thanks, so the text can be hidden & I'm sorry i don't know how everything works on Essentials, I can't even remember correctly how the text was displayed in PLA, because I just played it till the plot story, then I didn't wanted to play anymore, I still have the game, should take a look to see how the text was in PLA.

It's good that the text can be hidden, and yeah I should know that in fact Essentials is not the same engine as GameFreak uses to make their 3d styled games, Essentials is 2D. It's difficult to display so much text in a battle system, you did a really great job. I'm really surprized by you and the community, by how fast you come to make Scripts & Graphics that can make the players feel like they are playing Gen 9 games. All Gen 6-9 Pokémon are out, & there are so many wonderful scripts out there to make a Gen 6-9 game. And how fast people make their games, its amazing!

pkmnacademia

Novice
I've been trying this out and it seems like any trainer that has the battle styles turned on just uses Strong Mode over and over. I tried a little tinkering but couldn't figure out a way to get the AI to tone this down a bit and use it less frequently. Any ideas?

Lucidious89

Champion
I've been trying this out and it seems like any trainer that has the battle styles turned on just uses Strong Mode over and over. I tried a little tinkering but couldn't figure out a way to get the AI to tone this down a bit and use it less frequently. Any ideas?
The AI is fairly basic in this. It doesnt surprise me that the AI frequently uses Strong Style more, because frankly Strong Style is simply more generally useful. Agile's benefits are more strategical and tougher to program AI for, where its much easier for the AI to understand a simple concept like "bigger number = better". The AI will only really use Agile Style in specific situations, like if it's significantly slower than its opponent, or if its opponent is currently in Strong Style and it can potentially use this as an opportunity to cause flinching. But even then, its not guaranteed.

If I ever get around to updating this to v21, integrating it into the new AI system for more well-rounded use will be a key part of what I want to play with. But

Back