• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Everlasting X and Devastating Y

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
This project is made using Essentials v20.1 and RPG Maker XP. Beta v1.6.4 goes up to the 3rd gym.
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
Pokémon Everlasting X/Devastating Y is a difficulty hack based off of the original X and Y games. The plot is similar to the originals, with a few tweaks here and there for a much better player experience.
Story:
Welcome (back) to the Kalos region! Your adventure won't be as much of a steamroll as it was last time around, though! Many trainers have improved their roster, allowing for more challenging but fun battles! Take on the gym challenge and fill out your trainer card, while also simultaneously combatting Team Flare! Are you up to the task?
Features:
  • Most important trainers have their Pokémon competitively built (Maxed out EVs and IVs, suitable items, etc). In turn, building your own Pokémon to be viable is made easier.
  • Most Pokémon/Moves have changes made to them so that they can be on par with each other.
  • Brand new abilities!
  • Custom Mega Evolutions! (most of them are just G-Maxes, though).
  • Move Tutor in Party Screen
  • National Dex
  • Time System separate from your computer's time (You're given an item early on that allows you to change the time of day)
  • PokéSearch to make hunting for a specific Pokémon easier.
  • Battle style on Set at all times, no items in battle
  • Hard level caps
Known Bugs
  • Using PokéRider as a registered item crashes the game.
  • Checking a Max Raid Den with a partner trainer removes the partner's data. (Partner won't show up in battles)
  • PokéSearch sets the Pokémon your looking for's level to 1 after searching for it more than once.
  • There's an invisible wall between Vaniville and Aquacorde (Save and reload the game to fix this issue)
  • Using the PokéSearch outside of grass/water will crash the game.
Download the game here! (Also contains multiple helpful documents) https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/168SbC-X4Deg_yFPuQWKkjUI8qmlbGSED?usp=sharing
If you need to reach me:
My Discord is: Toxillian#0938
The EXDY Discord server is: https://discord.gg/Qj4NHHJpep

title.png
Screenshot 2022-10-23 140509.png
Screenshot 2022-10-23 141245.png
Screenshot 2022-10-23 140855.png
Screenshot 2022-10-23 141119.png

Screenshot 2022-10-23 141901.png
Screenshot 2022-10-23 141339.png
Screenshot 2022-10-23 140235.png
Screenshot 2022-10-23 140057.png
Screenshot 2022-10-23 140118.png

Credits (Please let me know if you see one of your resources being used here, I'll gladly add you to the credits!):
Bag Screen w/ Interactable Party by DiegoWT
Essentials Deluxe, Improved Field Skills, Terastal Phenomenon & ZUD Plugin by Ludicious89
Following Pokemon EX by Golisopod User, Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71, PurpleZaffre, Akizakura16, Thundaga, Armin (Fairies Resource Pack), Maruno
Held Item Drops by thatonekriegerwriter, TungstenBasilisk, Cilerba, Vendily, TechSkylander1518, and Kingfisher
PokeSearch by Voltseon
Rename from Party by TechSkylander1518
Speed Up 2.0 by Marin and Phantombass
v20.1 Hotfixes by Maruno
Visually Different Super Shiny by AutumnMood
Terrain Tag Side Stairs by Boonzeet
Unreal Time System by FL
SwSh Battle Interface & SwSh Type Icons by BiggusWeeabus
Serena, Calem, Shauna, Lysandre, Sycamore, Alain, Team Flare Grunts Overworld Sprites by aveontrainer on DeviantArt
Serena, Calem, Shauna, Sycamore, Viola, Grant, Korrina trainer sprites by Kyledove
Customizable Level Caps by phantombass
Generation 8 Project:
  • Battler Sprites:
    • Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
    • Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
    • Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
    • Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
  • Overworld Sprites
    • Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
    • Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
    • Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
    • Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
    • Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo
  • Icon Sprites
    • Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
    • Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
    • Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
  • Cry Credits:
    • Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
    • Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
    • Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
  • Script Credits:
    • Golisopod User, Luka S.J.
  • Compilation of Resources:
    • Golisopod User, UberDunsparce
Generation 9 Project:
Script Gen 9 and Adapting PLA for v20:
-Caruban

PBS for Gen 9:
-Caruban
-PorousMist (Updated the short abilities, items, and moves description)
-DJChaos (TM Items)

Pokemon Gen 9 Battler Sprites:
The-King-Of-Roads-X, Mak, leParagon, Caruban, Azria, Mashirosakura, Katten, Jinxed

Pokemon Gen 9 icons:
-ezerart

Pokemon Gen 9 Followers:
-Azria, DarkusShadow

Gen 9 Item sprites:
-Caruban, lichenprincess

Pokemon Gen 9 Cries:
Edited from Lightblade Absol's Gen 9 Cries compilation video

Original Pokémon: Legends Arceus Expansion Script :
-StCooler (Original script for Gen 8 Project in v18 and Status sprites)
-PorousMist and curryofthepast (Adapting the script for v19.1 use)

Some item PLA icons :
-AztecCroc, 3DJackArt, Caruban, lichenprincess

PLA Pokemon cries ripped:
-Morningdew

Pokeballs battle animation and summary icon:
-Caruban
-WolfPP (Beast ball battle animation)

PLA Pokemon icons:
-LuigiTKO

PLA Follower sprites:
Boonzeet, DarkusShadow, princess-phoenix, ezeart, Wolfang62

PLA Sprites from Smogon Gen8 Sprite Project :
-Blaquaza, KingOfThe-X-Roads, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, and Hematite

Gen 4 Style Version
Gen 9 sprites:
KingOfThe-X-Roads, Mak, Red7246, Vent, Caruban, leParagon, Sopita_Yorita, Z-nogyroP,
Alxndre~◇, Mashirosakura, NanaelJustice, KRLW890

PLA sprites:
Travis, KingOfThe-X-Roads, Blaquaza, leParagon, Red7246, G.E.Z., Katten, Vent, Cesare_CBass, AlexandreV2.0, PKMNTrainerRick., CarmaNeko, JWNutz, Erkey830

Gen 9 Icons:
Vent, Katten, leParagon, Cesare_CBass

PLA Icons:
LuigiTKO, Pikafan2000, Cesare_CBass, Vent, Cesare_Cbass, MultiDiegoDani, leParagon, JWNutz
and thanks for Pokémon Icons Act 2.9 - Teracristalizando

Full Sprites Credit List:
See Full Sprites Credit List

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!
Changelog:
(2023/5/19): Version 1.6.4 release. Fixed an issue pertaining to a future version of the game that isn't complete yet..
(2023/5/18): Version 1.6.3 release. Fixes a few bugs.
(2023/5/17): Version 1.6.2 release. Fixes a few bugs. Adds Super Shinies!
(2023/2/27): Version 1.6.1 release. Fixes a few bugs.
(2023/2/27): Version 1.6 release. This includes story up to the third gym, as well as revamped battle UI and Terastallization.
(2022/10/23): Game releases on Relic Castle on Version 1.5. (v1.0 -v1.4 were released in private on Discord.)

Last edited:

Saslen

Rookie
Hey, just wanted to mark down a bug. When leveling up Rellor, I get an error message and the game crashes.

Script '[Generation 9 Pack] New_Evolution_Method.rb' line 24: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method `>=' for nil:NilClass

Edit: The same error seems to occur for Bramblin and Pawmo.

Last edited:

Toxillian

Novice
Hello everyone! I have some good news in that version 1.7.0 is almost finished! Currently I'm working on implementing a Hardcore mode into the game, similar to the one in Radical Red. Once I finish up with all that, I will announce it here about a week in advance. Thank you for your patience!

Silent_Anu

Rookie
Nice, while I know most people aren't a fan of X and Y, it's still one of my favourite gen, especially the Pokémon designs. I haven't played this game game yet but I wonder how you made the lumiose city 3D maps (since you can't really make enterable door on both sides of road in 2D, at least I haven't seen one without being jank) in RPG Maker XP. Or did you made a completely different design?

Toxillian

Novice
Nice, while I know most people aren't a fan of X and Y, it's still one of my favourite gen, especially the Pokémon designs. I haven't played this game game yet but I wonder how you made the lumiose city 3D maps (since you can't really make enterable door on both sides of road in 2D, at least I haven't seen one without being jank) in RPG Maker XP. Or did you made a completely different design?
I tried to keep the og concept in mind but I did change it up a little :).

Toxillian

Novice
Hello everyone, a quick update! Unfortunately, the Hardcore mode will have to go on hiatus for now. Besides that, though, all content planned to be in v1.7.0 is finished! Expect a release sometime this or next week. Thank you for your patience!

Toxillian

Novice
Hello everyone, a quick update! Unfortunately, the Hardcore mode will have to go on hiatus for now. Besides that, though, all content planned to be in v1.7.0 is finished! Expect a release sometime this or next week. Thank you for your patience!
Also, a quick note: the Multi-Save feature will be removed this update, so to carry over your data, rename Slot#.rxdata to Game.rxdata in your Roaming folder.

QuahogtheCreator

Novice
im stuck on the cliff bug and i can't unstuck it

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-04 135116.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-04 135116.png
    272.6 KB · Views: 97
Back