• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Umber

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
KfhsNAC.png

This game was made for the 2016 Relic Castle Game Jam!

Wo4WZG8.png

Overview

You and your friend Kezia have taken a trip to the harsh land of Umber Island (based on the real life island of Tenerife!) in order to practice your Pokémon training skills and to become stronger trainers. At first, it seems like the two of you are in for a challenging but fun vacation, but before long something dangerous and powerful threatens to destroy the entire island...

Features

• A short game (about 2-3 hours), meaning you can play in one sitting if you're bored one day
  • Unique and interesting setting
  • Inspired by the real life location of Tenerife, with ecounterable Pokémon based off Pokémon GO spawns
  • Open Source: all the resources are for public use!

Credits

.:Pokemon Umber:.
Dawn Bronze

.:Pokemon Essentials:.
Maruno, Poccil and Flame Guru

.:Gen 6 PBS:.
Mej7171

.:Tiles and other Graphics:.
Spriter's Resource:
Heartlessdragoon (RSE Tiles, Suicune + Entei overworlds)
DeviantART:
TheDeadHeroAlistair (Tiles)
Calis Projects (Tiles)
Cilerba (Tiles + Fog)
Magiscarf (Tiles)
DaNerdyDude (Tiles)
XDinky (Tiles)
KyleDove (Tiles)
Geoisevil (Gen 6 Pokemon sprites)

.:Scripts:.
FL (Unreal Time System)
Deo (Day and night tones)

.:Elite Battle System:;
Sprites:
• GameFreak | Original sprites from B/W/2 games
• Pokecheck.org | Ripping the sprites from B2/W2 roms
• Luka S.J. | Indexing and formatting the sprites
• dragonnite | GIF to PNG conversion
• Tebited15 | B/W styled trainer Red sprite
• Spriters-Resource (redblueyellow) | Gen 5 ball sprites

Battle Backgrounds:
• Eli | Ripping and compiling the backgrounds

Custom UI:
• Luka S.J. | Design, formatting and implementation

Scripts:
• Luka S.J. | Elite Battle System
• Maruno | General help and support
• dragonnite | GIF to PNG converter
• Pokémon Essentials | Base system

Sound Effects:
• GameFreak | Original sound effects from B/W/2 games
• BadSamaritan | Ripping the sound effects​

This game was made using RMXP and Pokémon Essentials! Hope you enjoy playing it!
Download Here!

Last edited by a moderator:

RileyXY1

Novice
Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable's types are normal, it comes default with essentials.
Well, it is not hard to switch their types. Also, Dawn, can you please add the remaining Eeveelutions to the game?

PikachuFans2018

Rookie
@Dawn Bronze I can't really use much of the assets of your game, however, i can actually use the Tileset of Umber Island, cause it looks so clean, don't worry though, you will be credited in the credits, so when you beat my game, be sure to look for your name in the credits, it'll be there.

Anuran

Novice
@Dawn Bronze I can't really use much of the assets of your game, however, i can actually use the Tileset of Umber Island, cause it looks so clean, don't worry though, you will be credited in the credits, so when you beat my game, be sure to look for your name in the credits, it'll be there.
Its not about crediting him. There might a a tet file inside the resource pack that contains a list of persons you need to credit too along with Dawn bronze

Dabadee

Rookie
Played this and found it very comfy. I loved the general feeling it gave, plus I've spent months in Tenerife so for me personally it was like a cute little nostalgia pokémon-version throwback, including reaching the summit of the Te-- I mean, Mt. Umber :D
The lenght and the difficulty were spot on, just what I expected. I liked the pokémon too, felt like they belonged, maybe the sturdy roggenrolas were a bit annoying but that's it. One thing I don't understand is why is there a Eevee as a prize at the end, since you're not gonna have to do anything else with your theme and it can't even be a matter of complection in finishing "Umber's pokedex" since you'd miss the other two eeveeolutions anyway.
It's a pity it feels a bit unfinished without a Raikou mission, even if I get it's because of the jam. I hope someday you could think about adding the event, the big cat deserves it!
Thank you for this little gem.

RileyXY1

Novice
Played this and found it very comfy. I loved the general feeling it gave, plus I've spent months in Tenerife so for me personally it was like a cute little nostalgia pokémon-version throwback, including reaching the summit of the Te-- I mean, Mt. Umber :D
The lenght and the difficulty were spot on, just what I expected. I liked the pokémon too, felt like they belonged, maybe the sturdy roggenrolas were a bit annoying but that's it. One thing I don't understand is why is there a Eevee as a prize at the end, since you're not gonna have to do anything else with your theme and it can't even be a matter of complection in finishing "Umber's pokedex" since you'd miss the other two eeveeolutions anyway.
It's a pity it feels a bit unfinished without a Raikou mission, even if I get it's because of the jam. I hope someday you could think about adding the event, the big cat deserves it!
Thank you for this little gem.
I do think that a Daycare Center should be added here so that players can get all 3 of Eevee's evolutions.

Magic

Novice
The download link in the OP is no longer working for me. Since players can complete this game for a forum badge, I thought I would post a download mirror in this thread.

Pokemon Umber (MIRROR)

I hope that's okay.
thanks to you, Cryptochrome. new players could now play on it, after download is not available

Last edited:

Yin

Queen of out-dated memes
The download link isn't working :( I'm losing the perfect time to play a pokemon game in one sitting, man

It's raining heavily and I JUST made tea, it's gonna get cold :(

nitroussbc1

Rookie
When i hit the download link it says there isnt a file to download. I wanna give your game a shot so when its up again definitely give me a shout. Thanks.

Back