• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Auto Multi Save 1.3

LinKazamine

Champion
Well, being honest, I should have checked it when I downloaded it instead of just looking at the code.

ClessioTV

Cooltrainer
It's not the only possibility, but it's a good guess! Thanks for going above and beyond by double-checking.
Hello, I apologize for the inconvenience caused.
The issue didn't come from your specific plugin.
The problem was related to one of the other plugins created by @LinKazamine .
However, it has been fixed now, and the plugins can work together.
Thank you for your help! You all do an outstanding job!

LinKazamine

Champion
Hello, I apologize for the inconvenience caused.
The issue didn't come from your specific plugin.
The problem was related to one of the other plugins created by @LinKazamine .
However, it has been fixed now, and the plugins can work together.
Thank you for your help! You all do an outstanding job!
Oh, I see. Well, I find it quite weird that this plugin got mentioned at all because of one of my plugins but I'm glad that the problem was solved.

http404error

Discord: http404error#4585
Oh, I see. Well, I find it quite weird that this plugin got mentioned at all because of one of my plugins but I'm glad that the problem was solved.
I think it's understandable, since the error message mentions Auto Multi Save but not the other plugin. I'm glad you showed up in this thread! Thanks for your help.

LinKazamine

Champion
Well, I'm not surprised that my plugin wasn't mentioned since they didn't appear in my errorlog either. I only figured there was an error because it only appeared when I put in my plugins. I suppose that your plugin was mentioned because it alters the loading screen, which is what the game was trying to load.

You're welcome! I usually enter the discussions for plugins with new messages to see if I can help in some way but I didn't though I was the one that caused the problem to begin with.

Chaos Kitsune

Rookie
It is mentioned in the description about removing the option to select the save file when saving, but I cannot seem to find how to do that. What would I need to change?

http404error

It is mentioned in the description about removing the option to select the save file when saving, but I cannot seem to find how to do that. What would I need to change?
I think that commenting out these four lines should do the trick (marked with blue on the left side here):
1694884910316.png

Black24

Pokemon Fellowship in Kanto
Hi, thanks for the amazing script.

So, I came to the problem, when you set up an event with a timer, and then saved ( or auto save ) the timer will become for all save files, so if you loaded another save file the timer will just pop up, I can prevent the player from saving while the timer is ticking but I wonder if there is a way around it.

http404error

Hi, thanks for the amazing script.

So, I came to the problem, when you set up an event with a timer, and then saved ( or auto save ) the timer will become for all save files, so if you loaded another save file the timer will just pop up, I can prevent the player from saving while the timer is ticking but I wonder if there is a way around it.
That's a very interesting problem. Can you show me your event code? At least the parts that are relevant to the timer. I can do some sleuthing about. I guess the timer info must be stored in a variable that's set to load before you even select the file, so it's pulling from your latest save automatically.

Black24

Pokemon Fellowship in Kanto
That's a very interesting problem. Can you show me your event code? At least the parts that are relevant to the timer. I can do some sleuthing about. I guess the timer info must be stored in a variable that's set to load before you even select the file, so it's pulling from your latest save automatically.
thanks for the response.

here is the event That I am working on .

Screenshot_3.png

Panda Masala

Rookie
Hey- I'm using V20.1, but I keep getting an incompatibility error and the game won't run. I'm not really adept at scripting, but I noticed the main .rb file states it's using V19.1 ? I've double checked that I downloaded the V20.1 link. Would it be possible that you accidentally have the V19.1 file uploaded instead of the V20.1?

I've listed the error messages below.

(Console message)
WARNING: Plugin 'Auto Multi Save' may not be compatible with Essentials v20.1. Trying to load anyway.
Exception `NameError' at [Auto Multi Save] Auto Multi Save.rb:37 - uninitialized constant Events

(Pokemon Essentials message)

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Error in Plugin: [Auto Multi Save]
Exception: NameError

Backtrace:
[Auto Multi Save] Auto Multi Save.rb:37:in `<main>'
009:PluginManager:653:in `eval'
009:PluginManager:653:in `block (2 levels) in runPlugins'
009:PluginManager:643:in `each'
009:PluginManager:643:in `block in runPlugins'
009:PluginManager:634:in `each'
009:PluginManager:634:in `runPlugins'
387:Main:28:in `mainFunctionDebug'
387:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
015:Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'

http404error

Hey- I'm using V20.1, but I keep getting an incompatibility error and the game won't run. I'm not really adept at scripting, but I noticed the main .rb file states it's using V19.1 ? I've double checked that I downloaded the V20.1 link. Would it be possible that you accidentally have the V19.1 file uploaded instead of the V20.1?

I've listed the error messages below.

(Console message)
WARNING: Plugin 'Auto Multi Save' may not be compatible with Essentials v20.1. Trying to load anyway.
Exception `NameError' at [Auto Multi Save] Auto Multi Save.rb:37 - uninitialized constant Events

(Pokemon Essentials message)

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Error in Plugin: [Auto Multi Save]
Exception: NameError

Backtrace:
[Auto Multi Save] Auto Multi Save.rb:37:in `<main>'
009:PluginManager:653:in `eval'
009:PluginManager:653:in `block (2 levels) in runPlugins'
009:PluginManager:643:in `each'
009:PluginManager:643:in `block in runPlugins'
009:PluginManager:634:in `each'
009:PluginManager:634:in `runPlugins'
387:Main:28:in `mainFunctionDebug'
387:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
015:Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'
You are correct, thanks. I updated the link incorrectly recently. It's fixed now, I think.

Last edited:

Panda Masala

Rookie
(V20.1) So I think I found a minor glitch. Either that, or I somehow screwed up the code and forgot I did it.

When you choose to quit the game, the save file choice says "cancel" instead of "Quit without saving". It functions properly, but the fact that it says "cancel" could make players go "Oh I changed my mind, I don't want to quit I'm gonna cancel" and then accidentally quit the game, all without saving. I managed to jury rig a solution, near the plugin's code:

" exiting ? _INTL("Quit without saving") : _INTL("Cancel") "
Change the "exiting" portion to "$exiting",

Then in Pokemon Essentials' interior code in the UI_PauseMenu section right under
" if pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("Are you sure you want to quit the game?")) "

Add the line:
"$exiting = true"

For future updates I recommend including both "cancel" and "Quit without saving" options instead of a code that interchanges them. That way, maybe if all save slots are full, the player can still cancel out of the option without quitting the game.

http404error

(V20.1) So I think I found a minor glitch. Either that, or I somehow screwed up the code and forgot I did it.

When you choose to quit the game, the save file choice says "cancel" instead of "Quit without saving". It functions properly, but the fact that it says "cancel" could make players go "Oh I changed my mind, I don't want to quit I'm gonna cancel" and then accidentally quit the game, all without saving. I managed to jury rig a solution, near the plugin's code:

" exiting ? _INTL("Quit without saving") : _INTL("Cancel") "
Change the "exiting" portion to "$exiting",

Then in Pokemon Essentials' interior code in the UI_PauseMenu section right under
" if pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("Are you sure you want to quit the game?")) "

Add the line:
"$exiting = true"

For future updates I recommend including both "cancel" and "Quit without saving" options instead of a code that interchanges them. That way, maybe if all save slots are full, the player can still cancel out of the option without quitting the game.
Did you follow the complete guidance for altering your pause menu?
Here's what it says:
I recommend altering your pause menu to quit to the title screen or load screen instead of exiting entirely.
-> For instance, just change the menu text to "Quit to Title" and change $scene = nil to $scene = pbCallTitle.
-> You may need to also add a SaveData.mark_values_as_unloaded right before setting $scene.
-> If you change screen.pbSaveScreen to screen.pbSaveScreen(true) here, it will also change the UI behavior slightly for clarity.
The last line in particular should accomplish what you're expecting.

I don't think making exiting into a global variable is the right answer.
Having an actual cancel button wouldn't be a bad idea either but that's a whole other thing.

Back