• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v12+] Set the Controls Screen

Resource [v12+] Set the Controls Screen 1.1.2

LinKazamine

Champion
hello, I just wanna ask how can I add this to the options menu? (where you select the text's speed or change your text dialog graphics)
You have this method:
I didn't found a cleaner way. My workaround:

On my script, comment/remove the

Code:
MenuHandlers.add(:pause_menu, :controls, {
  "name"      => _INTL("Controls"),
  "order"     => 75,
  "effect"    => proc { |menu|
    pbPlayDecisionSE
    open_set_controls_ui(menu)
    next false
  }
})

On UI_Options script section:

Change 'return @options.length + 1' to 'return @options.length + 2'.

Change 'optionname = (index == @options.length) ? _INTL("Close") : @options[index].name' to

Code:
    optionname = case index
      when @options.length+1; _INTL("Close")
      when @options.length;   _INTL("Controls")
      else; @options[index].name
    end

Change 'return if index == @options.length' to 'return if index >= @options.length'.

Change 'description = _INTL("Close the screen.")' to

Code:
      if @sprites["option"].index==@options.length
        description = _INTL("Set the Controls.")
      else
        description = _INTL("Close the screen.")
      end

Change 'break if @sprites["option"].index == @options.length' to

Code:
          break if @sprites["option"].index == @options.length+1
          open_set_controls_ui if @sprites["option"].index == @options.length
Or you could instal my plugin and set the configuration to add this script in the options menu to true. Be aware that my plugin also changes the appearance of the options and set control menus and that you'll still need this plugin installed for it to work. I only added the steps mentioned by FL to add the option in my script.

rafahbit

Novice
Is there any way to make the plugin open in the options instead of the pause menu in version v21.1? I tried to make the adjustments I saw in the discussions but they didn't work

LinKazamine

Champion
Is there any way to make the plugin open in the options instead of the pause menu in version v21.1? I tried to make the adjustments I saw in the discussions but they didn't work
My Options Screen and Language Options plugins have those adjustments added and they both have a v21+ version. Try to see if any of them work for you. The Language Options only adds the adjustments, I think, so it may be easier for you to compare what is wrong.

rafahbit

Novice
My Options Screen and Language Options plugins have those adjustments added and they both have a v21+ version. Try to see if any of them work for you. The Language Options only adds the adjustments, I think, so it may be easier for you to compare what is wrong.
Thank you very much, I just added your options plugin and it worked correctly,

I use the quick save and delta speed up plugin, which use aux1 and aux2, I'm trying to make the control script recognize the changes, but it's causing conflict, if I put it to change, even though I don't change it in the game, the plugins stop working. work. I'm studying and examining what I can do, but that's just an additional thing, it's not even important hahahah

Edit: I found what it was, in the control script there was already a Q and a W being used, these two come as AUX1 and AUX2 as standard, but they were being used to scroll up and I hadn't noticed XD

Last edited:

dpertierra

Novice
Hi not regarding your Plugin but regarding controls, do you know if there is a way to check via script new keybinds mapped via the F1 standard functionality in Essentials 21.1? By standard the Action key is the Z let's say I change that to the letter Q, is there a way via script to get that Q is the keybind for Input::ACTION?

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
Hi not regarding your Plugin but regarding controls, do you know if there is a way to check via script new keybinds mapped via the F1 standard functionality in Essentials 21.1? By standard the Action key is the Z let's say I change that to the letter Q, is there a way via script to get that Q is the keybind for Input::ACTION?
There is no way in current Essentials MKXP-Z (the player) as far as I know.

systeromen_

Novice
The more recent versions of MKXP-Z allow for polling the scroll wheel with Input.scroll_v, could you add support for binding it?

Back