• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Pokémon Color Variants

Resource Pokémon Color Variants v1.2.1

MaouAlter

Novice
As I can see you are really liking the plugin!
Sorry if I don't answer you here or in dm but at the moment I'm very busy due to university stuff.
Big plans for the plugin are planned though, besides adding features based on your suggestions.
Thank you all for the feedback ❤️
I should be back in some months.

Also I'm very curious to see your favourite variants: you should definitely post them here! :D
Perfectly understandable, best of lucks at university!
I'll be patiently waiting for the updates.
As for favorite colors, definitely anything purple/green, is a very nice color combo imo.

Attachments

• Pafh.png
    Pafh.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 106

Citycat17

Novice
A few things I want to ask:

1. Is there a way to make it so the player can customize their own Pokémon’s color after catching it? (Say with an item or maybe having a Pokémon that knows sketch?)

2. Is there a way to make this an unlockable feature in the game? Like for the random encounters to be random colors?

3. Would the first 2 be able to work together?

MickTK

Novice
A few things I want to ask:

1. Is there a way to make it so the player can customize their own Pokémon’s color after catching it? (Say with an item or maybe having a Pokémon that knows sketch?)

2. Is there a way to make this an unlockable feature in the game? Like for the random encounters to be random colors?

3. Would the first 2 be able to work together?

1. Yes. Here are all the guides you need: Defining an item, Item effects. Basically the item should set a value for the hue attribute like this pokemon.hue = <value>, where the value is a positive number between 0 and 359 (included) (0 is the default color).

2. Yes. Setting PokemonColorVariants::HUE_POKEMON_CHANCE = 0 you will have 0 chances to find any colored pokemon in the wild. Set back a positive value when you want to unlock it (default value is: 256).

3. Sure! Just give the item to the player only when them can use it :)

Citycat17

Novice
Thanks for the reply! I might need help with this one. Basically I want to make an item that will work the same as changing a Pokemon's color in debug mode. Do you have a code I can plug in to make this work?

I tried adding coding for the function of the item to your plugin:

ItemHandlers::UseOnPokemon.add(:PALETTE, proc { |pkmn, pkmnid, heldpoke, settingUpBattle, screen|
params = ChooseNumberParams.new
params.setRange(0, 360)
params.setDefaultValue(pkmn.hue ? pkmn.hue : 0)
hue = pbMessageChooseNumber("\\ts[]" + _INTL("Set the Pokémon's hue color [0 - 360]"), params)
hue = hue % 360
if hue != pkmn.hue
pkmn.hue = hue
screen.pbRefreshSingle(pkmnid)
end
next false
}
)

It starts to work, but as soon as I try to set the hue I get this error:

1676941020091.png

As you can see I have the item defined, but the game is giving an error of undefined method for 'hue'

Last edited:

Citycat17

Novice
HUGE update! After a lot of trial and error and I mean a lot! I finally made an item that will change the hue of the pokemon! Here is the code I added to the plugin:

ItemHandlers::UseOnPokemon.add(:PALETTE, proc { |item, qty, pkmn, pkmnid, heldpoke, settingUpBattle, scene, screen|
params.setRange(0, 360)
hue = pbMessageChooseNumber("\\ts[]" + _INTL("Set the Pokémon's hue color [0 - 360]"), params)
hue = hue % 360
if hue != pkmn.hue
pkmn.hue = hue
end
next false
}
)

Here I made an item called "PALETTE" which I defined in the items.txt. An item that allows you to change the hue of a pokemon when using the palette item from the key items bag.

[PALETTE]
Name = Palette
NamePlural = Palettes
Pocket = 8
Price = 0
FieldUse = OnPokemon
Flags = KeyItem
Description = Allows the colors of a pokemon to be altered.

1676969227841.png
1676969304340.png
1676969358624.png
1676969407582.png

Thanks for the awesome plugin MickTK!

Add the code I made to this if you like for the item.

I had a couple other ideas for this. Not sure if it would work but maybe a way to see what the color of the pokemon is going to be before selecting the number range. maybe some kind of slider that shows you the color of the sprite changing in real time? A second idea and maybe I can figure it out, but a game switch to turn on/off the randomized wild pokemon colors.

RyssyRys

Rookie
Hi, I've encountered a bug while trying to load in the Following Pokémon script. I had followed all of the instructions, but this still comes up. Is there any way I can fix this?

Attachments

• Bug Report.png
    Bug Report.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 90

MickTK

Novice
Hi, I've encountered a bug while trying to load in the Following Pokémon script. I had followed all of the instructions, but this still comes up. Is there any way I can fix this?

Hi, RyssyRys!

With the latest version I deleted that method, so here is what you need to do:
1. Open the file Following Pokemon EX > Main Module > Event_Sprite Commands.rb from the plugin folder.
2. Go to the method def self.change_sprite(pkmn).
3. Delete the row FollowingPkmn.pokemon_color_variants(pkmn) if PluginManager.installed?("Pokemon Color Variants").

Follow now the guide from this link and it should work fine. :)

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
HUGE update! After a lot of trial and error and I mean a lot! I finally made an item that will change the hue of the pokemon! Here is the code I added to the plugin:

ItemHandlers::UseOnPokemon.add(:PALETTE, proc { |item, qty, pkmn, pkmnid, heldpoke, settingUpBattle, scene, screen|
params.setRange(0, 360)
hue = hue % 360
if hue != pkmn.hue
pkmn.hue = hue
end
next false
}
)

Here I made an item called "PALETTE" which I defined in the items.txt. An item that allows you to change the hue of a pokemon when using the palette item from the key items bag.

[PALETTE]
Name = Palette
NamePlural = Palettes
Pocket = 8
Price = 0
FieldUse = OnPokemon
Flags = KeyItem
Description = Allows the colors of a pokemon to be altered.

View attachment 15813View attachment 15814View attachment 15816View attachment 15817

Thanks for the awesome plugin MickTK!

Add the code I made to this if you like for the item.

I had a couple other ideas for this. Not sure if it would work but maybe a way to see what the color of the pokemon is going to be before selecting the number range. maybe some kind of slider that shows you the color of the sprite changing in real time? A second idea and maybe I can figure it out, but a game switch to turn on/off the randomized wild pokemon colors.
Really love this concept! Would be cool if you can have it only work on shiny/super shiny pokemon.

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
This script is great. All my super shinies are pretty and I made an item that changes color of pokemon too. :-D thanks. Also made a charm that increases chance to encounter hue change.

Mr.H

Rookie
Hi, I encountered a problem with the plugin. When I follow the guide to adapt the plugin to "Following Pokémon EX", absolutely nothing happens. The Pokémon that follow you don't change color but I don't get any errors.

MickTK

Novice
MickTK updated Pokemon Color Variants with a new update entry:

v1.2.0 Update

• Updated the plugin to work on Essentials v21.1
  • Added a pokémon variant star icon
  • Added an hue editor interface for modify the pokémons in real time
  • Modified the breeding mechanic to be more similar to shiny breeding
  • Modified the egg hatching scene to work with the plugin
  • Modified configuration variable names
  • Removed compatibilities with older plugins (they will be reintroduced in the future)
  • Optimized the code and added more comments
  • Rewrote the file...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back