• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokemon Chronicles - Recruitment

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Hello, everybody.

Anyway, i don't know if you know me or my fan game, but i'm the Pokémon Chronicles fan game creator: Richard PT.

At the moment the game has 5 regions for the public players to play, which are: Kanto + Sevii Islands + Orange Archipelago (based on the main series) + Johto + Hoenn.

My Pokemon Chronicles uses the Pokémon Essentials v 20.1 for rpg maker xp.

The game is in English.

Note: this is a free fan game. And the stuff that i'm using from others, like scripts, graphics and etc, the owners will be credited in my fan game ending credits as well as the participants in this fan game, even if they made a tiny thing on it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Game sinopse:

In the world which you are about to enter, you will embark on a grand adventure, with you as the hero. Speak to people and check things wherever you go, be it towns, roads, or caves. Gather information and hints from every source.
New paths will open to you by helping people in need, overcoming challenges, and solving mysteries. At times, you will be challenged by others and attacked by wild creatures. Be brave and keep pushing on.
Through your adventure, we hope that you will interact with all sorts of people and achieve personal growth. That is our biggest objective.

Your dream is to become the best Pokemon Master in the world of Pokemon, but for that, you must prove yourself worthy of that title by collecting badges through 5 entire regions and becoming the champion in each region, until you'll be selected to participate in the Battle Frontier, last step to prove yourself worthy of the title.

Catch every Pokemon to fulfill your Pokedex and put an end in 3 evil teams schemes to prevent world crysis.

Will you fulfill your dream to become a Pokemon Master?

In other pratical words: This fan game recreates all the gen 3 official games + gen 2 official games + anime content, like the orange archipelago maps and events + official events for legendary or mytical Pokemon from other newest Pokemon games and etc. The core project bases on that official games but i added a mix of everything that would be compatible with the necessary things, like game mechanics and such. It is a "more or less" a "completed Pokemon fan game" with bits of everything to make a Pokemon game more "completed".
By the way, the concept of this fan game is the same from the official games, which are: Capturing Pokemon to fill the Pokedex + earning badges + becoming the champion in each region + becoming the battle frontier champion + defeating the 3 evil teams (Team Rocket + Magma + Aqua) and such.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is my fangame dvd cover that i madded for fun. I always like to have dvd covers for games that i have. XD

pokymo10.jpg

The game features:
featur11.png

screenshot.png

The game trailer:

Pokemon Chronicles Team and positions:

Project creator and leader:
Richard PT.
Mapper: Richard PT.
Scripter: Richard PT and Orion.
Events: Richard PT.
Graphics Designer: Richard PT and sometimes random people made a sprite or two.
Other game stuff: Richard PT.
Recruiting:

Positions available:
Pixel Spriter:
Vague...
Scriptor/Codder: Orion

About the work for the Pixel Spriter: I have some overworld trainers that need to be completed in fire red style (gen 3 style) and to make some poke balls animations, in Pokemon essentials style and some trainer faces for the texts in the game, like the ones from ORAS games, i think they called the PSS icons or something like that, but this is for the rest of those who don't have a face made.

About the work for the Scripter/Codder: The scripter must have knowledge about the Pokemon Essentials v20.1 scripts, the way they were made, more or less, to update some old scripts that i have to turn them into plugins, to make them compatible with the essentials newest versions. And to do some changes here and there in some existing scripts to add some tiny game mechanics here and there.

More detailed info with pics if necessary, will be provided if the person wanted to help to finish this fan game. Because, the game are in its final stage, i'm doing the last events and i finished all the maps for the game. I'm doing its final touches here and there, but still, i need some help to finish the rest. By the way, half of the scripts that i planned to add into the game are ready, the scripter will only help with the rest.

So please, can you helping me to finish this fan game? It is one of my dreams, and its a bit nostalgic too, since that it recreates the old good times about the Pokemon series. Another thing, this fan game project has, more or less, 13 years of development now, i was always working on it to improve it for the better.
Note: Your name will be displayed in game's final credits to credit you.
And, for more info, you can check the game's updates with screenshots here: https://pokemonchronicles.forumeiros.net/
Email: pokemonchroniclesrpg@gmail.com
Discord: Richard PT#5878
Pokemon Chronicles FanGame Server Discord: https://discord.gg/HtjXnN9

Note: Or contact me through this forum or in the pokecommunity forum. (private messages of course) My nick is the same in all places.
Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Mysticchar

Rookie
This great fan game currently playing that's currently out which is version 19.5 and offers lot of freedom that lot other fan games, I wish would offer with you also basically able to have your own anime adventure without having to be ash but your own character.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
bump. Still Recruting... Added the hisuian pokemon into the project. ^^

Blacky25

Rookie
Really love this game so far, it has a really good game mechanic and i like the progression with the charakter like in the anime. The story enhancements really make it worth to play it even if you already played ever Pokémon game from the gameboy area. Never played a game with that many regions, completing the pokedex is now really a challenge. I hope you find really fast the help you need :)

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
The position for Pixel Art was filled by Star Wolff. Still recruiting one scripter/codder to update some old scripts to work on PEv20.1.

Automation85

Rookie
Awsome game. Haven't played a Pokémon game since gen 2, but yours has brought me back to the good old times. Well except for the improved graphics and quality of life updates - better than the original :) I've stuck to Pokemon Chronicles because of its many regions, long-term fun and the determination of the devs over so many years. Keep up the good work.

Ruledge of Everything

It's in the name!
This game has tons of ambition and has a dedicated developer as it's lead and sole programmer as of now! It's on track for early next year, but it could be finished much faster with a scripter to help! If anyone wants to help a huge game come out, here's a great chance!

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
bump. Still Recruting... The position for scripter/codder is still available. That position is mostly to update the remaning scripts/plugins from older versions to work on PEv20.1, around 20 left to be updated.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
bump. Still Recruting... The position for scripter/codder is still available. That position is mostly to update the remaning scripts/plugins from older versions to work on PEv20.1, around 20 left to be updated.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
I'm down to help out with the mapping if thats ok!
Hmm... I already did all the necessary maps for all the 5 regions. However, since that i did the tilesets in the wrong way long time ago, i may need you to make the tilesets and to revamp the maps using that revamped tilesets. All the necessary stuff for doing this will be provided, its more an "organizing" thing to organize better what i did wrong in the past. I was willing to do that all by myself but, i think that two heads and four hands will be better. By the way, note that this project is an huge one, so things maybe take time to be done. Contact me through discord since i'm very active their, you can send me a friend request, then i will provide all the necessary stuff and instructions.

Speart1p

Rookie
Hmm... I already did all the necessary maps for all the 5 regions. However, since that i did the tilesets in the wrong way long time ago, i may need you to make the tilesets and to revamp the maps using that revamped tilesets. All the necessary stuff for doing this will be provided, its more an "organizing" thing to organize better what i did wrong in the past. I was willing to do that all by myself but, i think that two heads and four hands will be better. By the way, note that this project is an huge one, so things maybe take time to be done. Contact me through discord since i'm very active their, you can send me a friend request, then i will provide all the necessary stuff and instructions.
I can use the new tileset to revamp but I suck at making tilesets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back