• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Itinerant

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
title.gif

A Pokemon fangame by RegalSword, created using the Pokemon Essentials v20.1 starter kit.
!cover7_pt_1.png

!cover7_pt_2.png

!template.png
Story
"You won a pair of tickets for a cruise? Count me in!"

Little did you know, a simple trip was about to turn into so much more. After an unfortunate event leaves you and your childhood friend Barley stranded in the foreign Asteria region, the two of you decide to work together to find a way back home. Along the way, you'll clash with Team Exodus, a strange organization whose motives remain shrouded in mystery. Defeat the Gym Leaders, challenge the Championship Tournament, and leave your mark on Asteria! This is the start of the greatest vacation yet!

Features
  • Generation 9 mechanics​
  • FRLG style visuals​
  • 440 obtainable Pokemon​
  • Terastal Phenomenon​
  • Speed up​
  • Quicksave​
  • Exp. All​
  • Battle Tower​

Project Status
Disclaimer: the below information is subject to change without notice.
Current release: v7 which goes up to the Hall of Fame.
Planned: v8 which will add post game content.
Note: Version number formatting is x.y.z where "x" represents a new major update while "y" or "z" represent a patch (bug fixes, etc).

Warning
It is recommended that you save the game and stop playing after entering the Hall of Fame. This way, you will be able to access v8 post-game content without issue.
There are, however, three pieces of post-game content that you can play right now. They are as follows:
  • Battle Tower​
  • Battle Factory​
  • Alcan's Epilogue. Visit Forgotten Clearing after entering the Hall of Fame to start the event. Reward: Bloodmoon Ursaluna
Note: These are perfectly safe to start and will not cause issues with v8.
Download v7.9.2 | Join the Discord
Warning! If updating to v7.x from an older version (v6.x or below), please delete your old save beforehand. Yes, you will have to restart.

For JoiPlay users, I recommend downloading and installing the following versions confirmed to work with Pokemon Itinerant:
  • JoiPlay version 1.20.27​
  • RPG Maker plugin version 1.20.53​
  • Ren'Py plugin version 8.0.3_7.5.3_010​
  • Download this file patches.json and put it in the game folder.​
If you run into an error the first thing I will ask you is "Did you install these particular versions?" Apparently these versions get rid of the black screen bug that is so common too, so if you have that issue you should try getting these specific versions recommended above.
Click me to download patch 7.9.3
You should install the patches (usually named "!Patch 7.x") onto the main game file (usually named "!PKMN Itinerant v7.x"). To do so, open the folder named "!Patch 7.x". Ctrl A. Ctrl. C. Open the folder titled "!PKMN Itinerant v7.x". Paste and override.
Code:
v7.9.3
- [001] Battle.rb fixed crash that occurs when calculating boosted Frostbite chance in Hail (I didn't actually fix it I just commented out that conditional branch since there's no hail nor frostbite in this game). Affects PluginScripts.rxdata.
- [001] New Ability Handlers.rb "power_multiplier" replaced with "base_damage_multiplier" (backporting). Affects PluginScripts.rxdata.
- Added missing TM171 (Tera Blast) data to items.txt. The Tera Blast TM is useless though since no Pokemon has Tera Blast defined in TutorMoves. Affects items.dat and items.rxdata.
- Accidentally wrote TM185 twice. Corrected to TM186 (map077 Pokemon Center). This bug fix is for v8 content.
- Fixed Gym Leader Zoa not Terastallizing her Pokemon (Item = TERAORB in trainers.txt). Affects trainers.dat.
- Fixed Barley blinking out of existence in the middle of a cutscene (Frostpoint Library map140 after beating Dendrite).
- Fixed missing bridge segments in Nicole's Gym (map067).
- Removed portraits from the Championship Tournament (map122).
- Fixed Aquatic Tube being incorrectly referred to as "Marine Tube" during the shipyard event (map099).
- Fixed Loop Lake ledge softlock (map090).
- Fixed strange Pokemon Center nurse behavior when interacting from the left side of the counter (map077).
- Fixed surf on bridge issue at Grand Falls map162 (actually caused by the pillars which I have moved because I wasn't sure if changing the terrain tag would work).
- Added missing warp connecting Grand Falls to Shaleston Town. Also map162.
- Fixed Frostpoint Cave map136 puzzle.
- Removed Poke Center healing animation. It was causing issues with the Pokémon Center app. Affects CommonEvents.rxdata.
- Pokemon Center App now costs money. $500 per use. Affects CommonEvents.rxdata.
- Added missing Scovillain, Sunflora, Tivalinks evolution methods (they were wiped when I updated the Gen 9 Pack). pokemon.txt Affects an unknown .dat and/or .rxdata file.
- Attempted to fix walk evolution method error. [000] Pokemon.rb Affects PluginScripts.rxdata.
- Added pause and fade to Pokemon Center healing to match audio cue.
- Added "mart buy" sfx to Pokémon Center app event.
- Psyshield Bash is no longer available as a TM, because TM172 is now Roar.
To view the changelog of older versions, please refer to the file Changelog.txt inside the game folder.
Gallery
Click me to access a playlist of video guides made by RegalSword.
Click me to access a playlist of (almost) every soundtrack used in Pokemon Itinerant.

Credits
Code:
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This game would not be possible without:

Pokemon Reborn
Pokemon Rejuvenation
Pokemon Desolation
TheDeadHeroAlistair
J-Treeko252
SoulfulLex
kyledove
Mr. Gela
aveontrainer
Kalarie
Delta32
PurpleZaffre
BiggusWeeabus
Luka SJ.
Mashirosakura
Ekat
Michael (That One Guy)
Droid779
Armin
redblueyellow
Ulithium Dragon
Relic Castle Staff
kWharever
GlitchxCity
Vetrom
AceGamerAndy
YTKrakerwat
Thundaga
Pokemon Sun and Moon
Pokemon Sword and Shield
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2
Bergium
TechSkylander1518
Moyo
DiegoWT
Lucidious89
Poq
BlueEye007
Golisopod User
Grogro
Phantombass
Help-14
zingzags
Rayd12smitty
Venom12
mej71
PurpleZaffre
Akizakura16
Thundaga
roei110
raZ
Marin
Maruno
Nuri Yuri
PurpleZaffre
Savordez
Vendily
rainefall
kWharever
WesleyFG
Zeo254
Caruban
KingOfThe-X-Roads
Pokemon Bushido
Pokemon Taiseiyo
princess-phoenix
FL
carchagui
PhoenixOfLight92
worldslayer608
ThatWelshOne_
mej71
derFischae
Yankas
Cony
Hallow
NanaelJustice
leParagon
Earthretha Fakemon Pack
ENLS’s Pre-Looped Music Library
LunaMaddalena
CrystalStar
MickTK
AdrianicLover
SkidMarc25
Fallen Nephilim
Heartless Dragoon
NanaelJustice
PkScept
DarkusShadow
Luigigigas
aR0y2810
Prodigy3332
codenameplayer
PokeJminer
Fakemon Festival Pack
BiggusWeeabus
anon
Shashu-Greninja
DeepBlue PacificWaves
Shiney570
LostSoulsDev
carmaniac
lichenprincess
VentZX
Buff UI Goku
castiboy
Boo
Tsuka
Sylvecario
bonzairob @ 3dPE
hyquo (sheddy)
Axe
wrigty12
kazuma
RVJade
A Slice of Life Resource Pack
Foxowl
MythicalMew
BW Get Key Item
TheLechKing
ra101
Lordkazeh
Magiscarf
Spriter's Resource
Vurtax
Acanthite Team
Palladium Forums
Remy
Fangking Omega
Serg!o
Fe = Iron
Elina
Morgan.
LuxDiablo
NocTurn
Mechamudskipper
QDylm
anonscribbler
Scotsman333
WaterTrainer
KajiAtsui
JorgeBurgos
Pokemon Halycon
Idilio
suuper
Clara-Dragon
Generation 9 Resource Pack
Tustin2121
Buttjuice
mid117
tilles111
Creobnil
SelenaFF
Antiant
PumpkinPastel
Crocovyle
NoelleMBrooks
MallowOut
SelenaArmowclaw
DanEx
RadicalCharizard
arinoelle
Katten
uppababy
RetroNC
Nononever
Somersault
weirdwacko
Howls
boonzeet
BluMasc
LightningKillua15
Akuma-Tsubasa
PomPomKing
DStar99-Sprites
Poltergeist
Bluesxc
AiurJordan
Krom Stern
KRLW890
conyjams
Don't Go, Pikachu! Resources
KingTapir
Beliot
jinxed
Mak
Lolw3e932
Ezerart
taschen88
Hek-el-grande
PandaInDaGame
VanillaSunshine
DerxwnaKapsyla
Emdasche
Pokemon Shattered Light Resource Pack
Voltseon
ENLS
Tristantine The Great
Benitex
OldSoulja
Sonicover
IshJason00
sauce
Pinkuji
Monstie
Amethyst
Blind Guardian
BIGFriv
JayDC
Pokémon Outbounds Resource Pack
Xtu_art
spaceemotion
DemICE
Pokemon Syvin Resource Pack
thatonekriegerwriter
StCooler
DarryBD99
WolfPP
ardicoozer
riddlemeree
No pro bro
Taiga
Geoswag
44tim44
Apples
Skillmen
Smogon
Zygoat
wilddeadhero
Nut0066
Barubary
LinKazamine
NettoHikari
Erassus
X-TERRA
Zeriab
NeonCityRain
Jackster
CynderHydra
Swdfm
ddrox13
hyo-oppa
ULTRALITE Resource Pack
Pokemon Abstract Resource Pack
HighNoonMoon
Wolfang62
Anonalpaca
Heartlessdragoon
Thewilddeadhero
Zein
~MugenHoshi~
lichen
ImNotHoro
Brumirage
Pokemon Nightshade Resource Pack
Pokemon Nightmare Resource Pack
[ g f y ]
Zame
Mischtogan
EduarPokeN
Hito: A Broken Story Resource Pack
Wergan
ImZero
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Therian Episode Resource Pack
Radical Raptr

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Please let me know if I missed anyone.

Last edited:

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
Hey-o, so i finally beat the championship and entered the Hall of Fame. I received a call from Tempest, saying that I should meet him in the police station, but he is nowhere to be found. Is this where the current version ends? Thank you!
Yes, this is where the current version ends.

DemonicWolf

Novice
noticed a possible bug when I restarted my game. Got froakie as a starter and it has protean (restarted a few times to get it). it only changes typing once then not anymore. That hinders a lot of things for the ability as a whole if it is a bug.

JJSponge120

Novice
I'm on the latest version (v7.8) and and the Ditto event at the Meacrim Gym is still broken.

Attachments

• Error1.PNG
    Error1.PNG
    135.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

JJSponge120

Novice
noticed a possible bug when I restarted my game. Got froakie as a starter and it has protean (restarted a few times to get it). it only changes typing once then not anymore. That hinders a lot of things for the ability as a whole if it is a bug.
Either it's a bug or that's how Protean worked in Gen IX.

Terminus

Rookie
I've been following this game's development and I'm glad to finally see a release. Congrats!
Couple of evolution method questions:
How do I evolve Primeape into Annihilape?
How do I evolve Dewott into Hisuian Samurott?

Thanks in advance!

Karoos

Rookie
Not sure if this is a bug, but I'm at the top of Victory Summit, and I have no clue on how to progress forward. Decided to go there to grind a bit, but I don't see how I can get into the league.

Also, in one of the rooms before, there is a tile ( the one I'm standing on ) that stops you from moving as soon as you step on it.

Attachments

• pokebug.png
    pokebug.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 27

16Gabs

Trainer
You have to stand there and walk right.
It's just jumping rocks.
pokebug answer.png

Not sure if this is a bug, but I'm at the top of Victory Summit, and I have no clue on how to progress forward. Decided to go there to grind a bit, but I don't see how I can get into the league.

Also, in one of the rooms before, there is a tile ( the one I'm standing on ) that stops you from moving as soon as you step on it.

Karoos

Rookie
You have to stand there and walk right.
It's just jumping rocks.
View attachment 24045
I know I'm past the jumping rocks, I ran down to that spot while running back by pure accident and I got stuck on that tile. I'm currently at the top of the mountain where there are four pillars with a flame and a statue ( ? ) thing at the top. Unsure what to do here.

Attachments

• pokebug2.png
    pokebug2.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 21

RegalSword

Protean nerf from gen 9 is in this game.

RegalSword

Pokemon League entrance is in Meacrim City. Victory Road is an optional area that leads nowhere.
Thanks for the report. I have fixed the bug and it will be released as part of the next patch.

RegalSword

My screen is completely black I'm in the cedar institute.
Are you a JoiPlay user? Did you follow the instructions that I posted?
RegalSword said:
For JoiPlay users, I recommend downloading and installing the following:
  • JoiPlay version 1.20.27
  • RPG Maker plugin version 1.20.28 or 1.20.53 (versions confirmed to work)
  • Ren'Py plugin version 8.0.3_7.5.3_010
  • Download this file patches.json and put it in the game folder.

RegalSword

I'm on the latest version (v7.8) and and the Ditto event at the Meacrim Gym is still broken.
It should work, since I remember fixing that particular issue. Did you install the patches correctly?

JJSponge120

Novice
It should work, since I remember fixing that particular issue. Did you install the patches correctly?
I don't think so. I redownloaded everything and it worked fine now. There was no changelog for patch 7.8 so I couldn't even tell if the Ditto event got fixed or not.

RegalSword

I don't think so. I redownloaded everything and it worked fine now. There was no changelog for patch 7.8 so I couldn't even tell if the Ditto event got fixed or not.
Yeah that was my bad. I usually add a copy of the Changelog.txt into the patch folder but I forgot to do so for patch 7.8. Now that the download is Main 7.8 the full changelog is included so it won't be missing this time.

JJSponge120

Novice
I got permanently stuck on this particular tile in Chilly Storage since I accidentally quicksaved while I was mashing buttons to try to get out.

Attachments

• Error2.PNG
    Error2.PNG
    99.9 KB · Views: 25

RegalSword

I got permanently stuck on this particular tile in Chilly Storage since I accidentally quicksaved while I was mashing buttons to try to get out.
Ugh... I can't believe I missed this one. I've fixed the event. Wait for Patch 7.9.2's release.

Camsen02

Rookie
Hello! First of all, I want to say that I love this game so far! But I came across a bug with Terapagos (I got it via debug mode because I wanted to see how it was in battle). Whenever an opponent uses an attacking move against it, I get this error:

Thanks for doing such a great job, and I hope this can be fixed ^_^

Attachments

• Terapagos Error.png
    Terapagos Error.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 40

RegalSword

Hello! First of all, I want to say that I love this game so far! But I came across a bug with Terapagos (I got it via debug mode because I wanted to see how it was in battle). Whenever an opponent uses an attacking move against it, I get this error:

Thanks for doing such a great job, and I hope this can be fixed ^_^
That bug is fixed in 7.9.3 which isn't out yet, and also I don't support unreleased content so you brought this upon your self using Pokemon that haven't been released in-game yet.

Back