• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Focus Meter System [v20.1]

Resource Focus Meter System [v20.1] v1.1.2

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 submitted a new resource:

Focus Meter System [v20.1] - A battle system mod that allows you to control RNG-based mechanics through a meter system instead.

Focus Meter System for v20.1
A battle system mod that allows you to control traditionally RNG-based mechanics through building a meter instead.
HOjd79p.gif
MHYg2ng.gif

Overview
Do you dislike the heavy reliance on RNG in Pokemon battles? Looking to add a new strategic edge to your battles? Then this plugin may be just what you're looking...

Read more about this resource...

Eften

Novice
In the future, if there is EBDX for 20.1, will this plugin be compatible?
And, can AI use this mechanic?

Lucidious89

Champion
In the future, if there is EBDX for 20.1, will this plugin be compatible?
And, can AI use this mechanic?
I can't really say whether or not this will be compatible with something that doesn't exist yet. But "no" is probably the most likely answer to your question. TBH I don't even want to begin thinking about the headache it will be to update all my plugins for EBDX compatibility (Luka can take as looooong as he wants, as far as I'm concerned lol), so I'm really just focusing on running around keeping my own stuff functional atm.

And yes, both NPC trainers and wild Pokemon can use this, and I've even implemented some basic AI decision making for when's the best time to use each particular style (for example, it won't waste its meter using a critical hit if you have an ability that blocks critical hits, etc.).

Astralneko

Novice
This is really cool! It reminds me of the Super Meters in most fighting games. Nice work!

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Focus Meter System [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.1 Update

• Made it so that several PBEffects added by this plugin such as FocusLock, DampenFocus, and FocusStyle can be altered with the midbattle features of Essentials Deluxe.
  • Edited the focus generation rate of the Passive style. Users of this style will now gain additional focus when struck by a Physical or Special move when their Defense or Sp. Def stats have been raised, respectively. The amount of focus gained is relative to the number of stat boosts. This change emphasizes defensive...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lucidious89

Champion
This isn't worthy of it's own update, but if anyone's interested, I now included a Focus Meter graphic for Raid Pokemon if using this along side the ZUD Plugin. I had forgotten to include this with the previous update.

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.0.2 Update

• Fixed a bug that would cause a crash in the Safari Zone.
  • Disabled the ability to toggle the Focus Panel display while in the Safari Zone.
  • Restructured the code related to drawing the Focus Panel in battle for better compatibility with other plugins.
  • Fixed an issue that would unintentionally reveal the identity of battlers under the effects of Illusion by displaying their real icon on the Focus Panel.

Note: This update requires that the latest update to Essentials...

VoxITH

Trainer
Where can I find the Focus Tutor NPC? And how can I set the Enraged Focus for an enemy Pokémon?

Lucidious89

Champion
Where can I find the Focus Tutor NPC? And how can I set the Enraged Focus for an enemy Pokémon?
The tutorial in the linked PokeCommunity thread has this information.

The Focus Tutor can be set in an event, and you can set the Enraged style on NPC trainers in their respective PBS files. For wild Pokemon, you can set a Pokemon's focus_style the same way you would set any other trait, such as Nature or Shininess. If you're setting up a wild battle using Essentials Deluxe's features, then the tutorial for that plugin explains how to do this as well.

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.0.5 Update

• Moved the Focus Style debug tool implemented by this plugin so that it is now located in the "Deluxe" debug menu added by Essentials Deluxe.
  • Added the following debug options to the general debug menu under "Deluxe Plugins..."
    • Toggle the switch that enables/disables the Focus Meter.
    • Give the player a demo party that is built to showcase various Focus Styles.
    • Access the Focus Tutor script to change your party's Focus Styles.

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Hello there, again. After i update your recent plugins updates, when i was compiling, it stop at focus meter line and this error pops up, i don't know for certain if the error comes from your plugins or one of mine is now conflicting with yours, due to their updates. Here is the error:
error.png

EDIT: Nevermind, i forgot to add the enhanced UI plugin update and now the error is fixed, my mad. XD

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.0.9 Update

• Expanded the midbattle focus triggers for use with Essentials Deluxe.
    When using the "focus" trigger, you may now add the id of a specific style in all caps, such as "focusPASSIVE" or "focusACCURACY" to trigger only when those specific focus styles are used. Alternatively, you may add a species ID instead, such as "focusBULBASAUR" if you want to trigger only when that specific species uses its Focus.

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.1.1 Update

IMPORTANT This update requires v1.2.5 of Essentials Deluxe to be installed. That update requires that you start a new game. IMPORTANT

• The following statistics are now tracked by the game, and can be accessed with the following scripts:
    • $stats.accuracy_focus_count: Tracks the total number of times the player has used Focus with a Pokemon in the Accuracy Style...

Back