• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Simple

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
The Real Logo.png

Pokemon Simple is a basic, average, generic, Pokemon game.
Aim to become the champion of the Champo Region in this simple Pokemon Game, aiming to be like the first two generations of Pokemon.

Team:
Clockstops - Creator, main developer
Jonny - Beta tester, feedback

Features:
A simple eight gym story, that is not interrupted by the plot.
Quality of life improvements from the modern Pokemon games, in a classic style.
Over 200 Pokemon from all eight generations of Pokemon.
EXP ALL. That is all.
Generation 8 movesets and mechanics.

Screenshots:
Screenshot_35.png
Screenshot_34.png
Screenshot_36.png
Screenshot_38.png
Screenshot_39.png
Screenshot_40.png
Screenshot_37.png

Credits:
Created by:
Clockstops

Beta Testers/Team:
Jonny
Pokemon Essentials GSC CREATED BY:
XAVERIUX

CONTRIBUTORS:
CARUBAN
BOONZEET
VENDILY
AWFULLYWAFFLEY
TECHSKYLANDER1518
JAMES DAVY
BO4P5687
INOKI

POKéMON ESSENTIALS:
FLAMEGURU
POCCIL (PETER O.)
MARUNO

CONTRIBUTIONS:
MARIN
BOUSHY
MIDAS MIKE
BROTHER1440
NEAR FANTASTICA
FL.
PINKMAN
GENZAI KAWAKAMI
POPPER
HELP-14
RATAIME
ICEGOD64
SOUNDSPAWN
JACOB O. WOBBROCK
THE END
KITSUNEKOUTA
VENOM12
LISA ANTHONY
WACHUNGA
LUKA S.J.
And everyone else
who helped out!

Extra Scripts:
bo4p5687
Leondrea
Boonzeet
Zerokid

Extra Scripts:
Thundaga
Voltseon
TristantineTheGreat
Kristiano100
Johto Blaziken

Extra Gtaphics:
MarcStuts08
Lichenprincess
Ekat99
Vurtax
Heartlessdragoon
Piacarrot

Music:
Gream Freak & The Pokemon Company
Pokemon Gold and Silver Sountrack

RPG Maker XP:
ENTERBRAIN

Resource Pack:
Resource Pack

Download Links:
Mediafire
Mega

Notes: As this was made for the Game Jam along with the fact that I got sick for two weeks, there's gonna be errors such as spelling mistakes and a few bugs. Also. While all trainers are battle-able, some of the trainers in the later half aren't "balanced" properly. Kind of did a lot of rushing the past two days to get this out, so please bare with me as I got sick for two weeks, so a lot of cutting corners and scrapped ideas happened. But I will like to bring them back, so think of this as a "demo" of the overall package.

Last edited:

Steeldude

Novice
Hi, I finished the game but when I was about to enter the champion's room, I got teleported to the bike shop instead?
Other than that I had lots of fun, thanks for making the game!

Attachments

• Simple-Error.png
    Simple-Error.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 169

clockstops

Trainer
Hi, I finished the game but when I was about to enter the champion's room, I got teleported to the bike shop instead?
Other than that I had lots of fun, thanks for making the game!
Thanks for letting me know this! And thank you for playing! I should post an update this week.

JJSponge120

Novice
I gotta say, this is one of my favorite games out of this jam so far. I love how the later generation Pokemon look in the GSC style.

The first gym leader surprised me with a Sunflora powered up by sunshine, and it took out much of my team (which included my starter, Mudkip). After a couple of tries, I finally took down his team with a couple of Joltik's Fury Cutters. It's kinda funny how, ahem, simple that was..

clockstops

Trainer
I gotta say, this is one of my favorite games out of this jam so far. I love how the later generation Pokemon look in the GSC style.

The first gym leader surprised me with a Sunflora powered up by sunshine, and it took out much of my team (which included my starter, Mudkip). After a couple of tries, I finally took down his team with a couple of Joltik's Fury Cutters. It's kinda funny how, ahem, simple that was..
Thanks so much and I'm glad you're enjoying the game! Pretty clever joke got me to lol. I honestly never thought about using that POKEMON as a strat to win.

Inner Rhymes

Trainer
I am curious to ask, is there an evil team in the plot?

MSM

Rookie
Same question as Steeldude. When you clear the Four Heavenly Kings and enter the room to battle the champion, you are suddenly teleported to a bicycle shop. The problem is that it cannot be moved and is stuck fixedly. If you think this is a bug, is there a separate solution? Or should I think of it as an unfinished part? Could you please give me a specific answer?

Sleepy kirby

Rookie
umm sorry but where is the thing that can get rid of rocks in this game btw i got all 8 badges and i need to get rid of rocks to beat the game

JustOkayGray

Rookie
How do I get out of Diamond Village? It just keeps saying "I should explore the village"

Back