• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Entertainment Pokemon Quiz - Are you a noob or a pro?

Wafflecakes

Rookie

Hi all!

I would like to present to you the Pokemon Quiz, a website where you can test your general knowledge on the game, see how many of the 151 original first generation Pokemon you can name, and find out which Pokemon you are! You can challenge your friends and try to make it into the top 100 leaderboard!

Click any of the images below to start a quiz:

All quizzes can also be found at www.pokemonquiz.net. Share your scores below and let's see who can get the best scores!

Wafflecakes

PIKMANZ

My lack of an avatar is scary.
I did the quizzes 'cuz why not?
Apparently, I'm a Ditto. Neat. I got 101 of 151 'mons in the 151 quiz (I needed spell check so I guess I cheated) and the last quiz didn't load. (for me at least)

Kaleidophoenix

Novice
I am a Pidgey. A bit of a downgrade from a phoenix, but oh well. I didn't take the 151 quiz, because I can already recite every single Pokémon aloud in less than twenty minutes, in near perfect Pokédex order. Typing that takes about 35-40 minutes, and doing Gen 1 takes me about 6-7 minutes. And the last quiz didn't load for me either. (Though I suspect that I'd get a near perfect score.)

I'm a Raikou, apparently. I got 150/151 because I spelled "Elektrode" rather than "Electrode". I couldn't do the first one. Wouldn't load.

Hematite

Trainer
I'm told I'm a Uxie (wonder how many of the possibilities are Legendaries? seems like a lot of us are getting them!), and I managed 149/151 in under five minutes (it took me 4:50, to be exact).

I definitely suspect that Nidoran were the two I missed, because I wasn't sure if it wanted the gender symbols. I couldn't produce the actual symbols, but did those of you who got them right include F or M? I just didn't include either because none of the games use those letters. OTL

Overall, that quiz was also a LOT easier than I expected it would be... I didn't think it would actually show you the Pokémon and just need you to name it, haha.

That aside, the general quiz also didn't work for me. That's pretty unfortunate because I was the most interested in it, haha. Since you posted it, does that mean you were able to do it? What sort of questions were there? O:

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
Gq2GKuz.png

Very disappointed in myself \:

34Uao2B.png

The "who are you" quiz sucks.

Also the "general" one didn't load for me for some reason.

Phoenixsong

mulberry ambush
I definitely suspect that Nidoran were the two I missed, because I wasn't sure if it wanted the gender symbols. I couldn't produce the actual symbols, but did those of you who got them right include F or M? I just didn't include either because none of the games use those letters. OTL

Entering "nidoran f" and "nidoran m" worked for me, yeah.

151/151 and mewtwo, and the first quiz didn't load for me, either. Clicking the "Start quiz" button does nothing.

I'm getting the impression that you created/helped create this website, @Wafflecakes. Is that true? If not, whoops, ignore this! If you are running it, though, are you open to a few suggestions? It might be nice if the personality test actually had some text explaining which personality traits are associated with each pokémon result. Like, yeah, cool, I'm mewtwo, but what does that mean? Am I powerful? Am I cold-hearted and constantly angry? What does it mean to be a ho-oh or a doduo? Generally personality tests like these are more interesting if you can actually compare your own personality to the result the test gave you and see whether it's accurate or not, or show your results to your friends and see if they agree with what it says about you, and so on. Just the picture is kind of meaningless by itself! Presumably you had some personality traits in mind when you associated pokémon with certain scores/score ranges during the coding process, so just throwing those in there next to the image would raise the interest level quite a bit!

This looks like it could be a fun set of quizzes with a bit of work (and with the first quiz, y'know, actually loading), maybe with room to expand to more in the future--naming pokémon from other gens, or an option to do it without the pictures and just name as many as you can as fast as you can, or maybe matching ID numbers to pokémon in a random order, quizzes about specific games... lots of potential, and something to check back on in the future to see how it's grown. If you just found this and are sharing it, nice find! And if you created it, it's a good start!

Sparta

banished doof
Well, I took the tests (or two, rather - the General Pokemon Quiz didn't work for me), and the results are in: I'm a nerd.

Name All 151 Results:

I got 143 right in 11:49. The eight I missed were because of spelling. Flippin' spelling. Jigglypugg anyone?

Jigglypugg.PNG

What Pokemon Are You Results:

Well... that's kinda disappointing.

Squirtle.PNG

I was going for Magikarp.

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
I'm Groudon (I'll burn you all)

and the one question I failed at the general test was sorting the pidgey evolutions ... as excuse I didn't play Pokémon games in English ... it's still shameful I know ...

didn't take the 150 Pokémon test ... well apparently I can't even get the Pidgey line right :sweat:

Wafflecakes

Rookie
Thank you all guys for sharing your results, and sorry about the general quiz not working! It should work now. Can someone try it out and confirm this?

Entering "nidoran f" and "nidoran m" worked for me, yeah.

151/151 and mewtwo, and the first quiz didn't load for me, either. Clicking the "Start quiz" button does nothing.

I'm getting the impression that you created/helped create this website, @Wafflecakes. Is that true? If not, whoops, ignore this! If you are running it, though, are you open to a few suggestions? It might be nice if the personality test actually had some text explaining which personality traits are associated with each pokémon result. Like, yeah, cool, I'm mewtwo, but what does that mean? Am I powerful? Am I cold-hearted and constantly angry? What does it mean to be a ho-oh or a doduo? Generally personality tests like these are more interesting if you can actually compare your own personality to the result the test gave you and see whether it's accurate or not, or show your results to your friends and see if they agree with what it says about you, and so on. Just the picture is kind of meaningless by itself! Presumably you had some personality traits in mind when you associated pokémon with certain scores/score ranges during the coding process, so just throwing those in there next to the image would raise the interest level quite a bit!

This looks like it could be a fun set of quizzes with a bit of work (and with the first quiz, y'know, actually loading), maybe with room to expand to more in the future--naming pokémon from other gens, or an option to do it without the pictures and just name as many as you can as fast as you can, or maybe matching ID numbers to pokémon in a random order, quizzes about specific games... lots of potential, and something to check back on in the future to see how it's grown. If you just found this and are sharing it, nice find! And if you created it, it's a good start!

Thank you so much for the feedback! Yes, I made the quiz and I will definitely keep your suggestions in mind :)

Tasteless Faux

Guy who spends way too much time online
General Pokemon quiz
Well, I thought I was doing well, but it seems i'm as good at trivia as I thought. I finished with a strong 70%, so, at least I didn't fail.
Which Pokemon are you?
Persoanally, I love these types of quizes! Though, I think I did something wrong, because somehow I ended up as a haunter? I don't know how I feel about this, haha.
151 Pokemon quiz
Welp 84/151 isn't that bad! Right...? That's around 55%. Guess I need to brush up on my gen 1 knowledge. But then again, most of them were probably from spelling, lol
Anyways, thanks for posting this! It was really fun to do

Back