• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed DITTO EDITION

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
RUJjjTI.gif

The strongest person you can become is yourself.

Features:​
  • Transform using Metachangers! Ditto can transform into 40+ different Pokémon freely!​
  • Play the game in 2 languages: English and French!​
  • New characters! There are three Ditto in DITTO EDITION, who play a titular part to the story.​
  • A decent plot with many interactions!​
  • Sick beats! From Wii Sports to Mystery Dungeon, the game sounds good.​
  • Small features like inns and game overs make gameplay more difficult than your average game.​
Made using RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials

xMBql7N.png
m677hvO.png
eOs7JPC.png
c1PPV9K.png
VFDo5U0.png
s4mJkrh.png

Team: Mantager, KNIGHTBRUH, Taquillastudios, Manovi

Notes: None, really! Please enjoy!

If you were not credited for something you did, then please tell me!
Credits are copied directly from the game.
Pokémon: Ditto Edition

Game Direction
Mantager

Maps
Mantager

Events
Mantager

Story and Writing
Mantager

KNIGHTBRUH

Taquillastudios

Sprites and Graphics
KNIGHTBRUH
Taquillastudios

Concept Art
Taquillastudios

Trainers, Enemies and Bosses
Mantager

Game Balancing
Mantager

Translation
KNIGHTBRUH
Manovi

Game Testing
Mantager
KNIGHTBRUH
Manovi

Special thanks
leilou
M3rein
vulvoch
Electiwirez
Dawn Bronze
BreadCrumbs
Camerupt

Ultimate Title Screens
Luka S.J.
Mario Gamer<s>YoshiCLONE

Smart Downloader
Luka S.J.<s>Berka

Good Day&Night Tones
Deo

Game Over
FL

Pokémon Essentials
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy<s>MiDas Mike
Brother1440<s>Near Fantastica
FL.<s>PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami<s>Popper
Harshboy<s>Rataime
help-14<s>SoundSpawn
IceGod64<s>the__end
Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>Venom12
KitsuneKouta<s>Wachunga
Lisa Anthony<s>xLeD
and others who helped out

RPG Maker XP
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

Resource Pack

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_puA9MpaJu2ZGJCRjhfR05ReG8/view

Last edited:
I haven't played much yet, but I found a few game breaking bugs so I thought I would leave a little report thingy
-Doors that are locked are still passable making it so you can walk over them, not game breaking, but looks weird. examples being the Pokemon lab looking building and green Pokemart
-The building next to the green Pokemart teleports you into just a pitch black map and you get stuck there being forced to restart
-If you lose against anyone other than porygon, the game goes back to the main menu. I feel like I am missing a Pokemon center or something, or is this just supposed to be a challenge?

That's all the bugs I found, It seems like a pretty cool game, I'm not too far but I will be playing more for sure. It's very light hearted and fun. The sounds track is great, fits perfectly with the game. Also the password system is pretty cool, managed to get a starley metachanger off it. It looks like a solid game, I'm looking forward to playing some more, you really outdid yourself with this one, (and you made it in French too! Pretty cool!)

manta

★★★★★
I haven't played much yet, but I found a few game breaking bugs so I thought I would leave a little report thingy
-Doors that are locked are still passable making it so you can walk over them, not game breaking, but looks weird. examples being the Pokemon lab looking building and green Pokemart
-The building next to the green Pokemart teleports you into just a pitch black map and you get stuck there being forced to restart
-If you lose against anyone other than porygon, the game goes back to the main menu. I feel like I am missing a Pokemon center or something, or is this just supposed to be a challenge?

That's all the bugs I found, It seems like a pretty cool game, I'm not too far but I will be playing more for sure. It's very light hearted and fun. The sounds track is great, fits perfectly with the game. Also the password system is pretty cool, managed to get a starley metachanger off it. It looks like a solid game, I'm looking forward to playing some more, you really outdid yourself with this one, (and you made it in French too! Pretty cool!)
Thank you! I will fix the first two, but the third one is intentional. It's to make it more challenging!------------------------v1.1 is out. Same link as before, just redownload. It fixes the problems from before and a few others.

Mew Prime

The Shiny Mew
Do you resume from your last save point following a game over? Or do you start the whole game over again?

BTW, I do like the idea of playing as a Ditto. Being able to transform into over 40 different Pokemon makes this game a unique take on the "play-as-a-Pokemon" genre that's starting to pop up on Relic Castle. I hope to see more games like this in the future.

manta

★★★★★
Do you resume from your last save point following a game over? Or do you start the whole game over again?

BTW, I do like the idea of playing as a Ditto. Being able to transform into over 40 different Pokemon makes this game a unique take on the "play-as-a-Pokemon" genre that's starting to pop up on Relic Castle. I hope to see more games like this in the future.
Yeah, it's from the last time you saved.

BAGOFUX

Novice
I cant figure out how to get back from the nightshade hangout. I'm stuck up there and there doesn't seem to be a way to get down.

manta

★★★★★
I cant figure out how to get back from the nightshade hangout. I'm stuck up there and there doesn't seem to be a way to get down.
You can just exit the hideout through the red carpet, take the cave entrance on the raised ground, and then just go back to the start of the cave in reverse, can't you?

BAGOFUX

Novice
You can just exit the hideout through the red carpet, take the cave entrance on the raised ground, and then just go back to the start of the cave in reverse, can't you?
If I go back into the cave on the raised ground it's a dead end. There is no way back because it's blocked by the cliffs you jump down.

Baka~Kun

Rookie
how do i download this onto my comupter i got it in a winrar .zip file but idk how to get the game help!!------------------------
how do i download this onto my comupter i got it in a winrar .zip file but idk how to get the game help!!
nvm!

phoenix648

Rookie
uhhh I finished the game and when I tried to leave the apartment I got stuck in the door so I saved hoping I could walk out if it was a glitch and now I'm stuck, I can't even get inside please fix------------------------
uhhh I finished the game and when I tried to leave the apartment I got stuck in the door so I saved hoping I could walk out if it was a glitch and now I'm stuck, I can't even get inside please fix
can you fix please I want some post game stuff

Gengar1213

Rookie
uhhh I finished the game and when I tried to leave the apartment I got stuck in the door so I saved hoping I could walk out if it was a glitch and now I'm stuck, I can't even get inside please fix------------------------
can you fix please I want some post game stuff
Same here, I realy enjoyed the game, I don't mind if there is any post game, I just want to be able to leave the room, And look around some more

Mew Prime

The Shiny Mew
I enjoy the challenge and concept of this game, except for the sudden difficulty spikes. And on Kawashima and Pebble Islands, I haven't encountered any wild-Pokemon battles. These are important for grinding levels, as otherwise, you get underleveled having to face nothing but trainers (whose levels grow a tad more quickly than yours do, eventually outstripping even your evolved Metachangers).

Back