• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Black Spirit (Demo Version 1.2.1 + Year 1 Update!)

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
PBS Logo no Glow Clear.png

Born into a world dictated by Status and Birthright, you are given the opportunity to prove yourself to a world on the brink of collapse! Will you succeed? Or will you give into the pressure?

Download Link:

Project Description:

A Passion Project made to tell a story I’ve wanted to create for a long time, all the while having a gameplay experience that mixes quality of life changes found in Modern Pokemon Games and the Hopeful Challenge and Depth of older titles. Created with RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials v19.1

Story:

The Teron Region is a region that, for generations, has been sealed off from the rest of the world by a giant Nimbus for unknown reasons. No one may enter, and none may leave. Within the Nimbus is a society that is ruled by the Luminous and their Queen. By creating a world dictated by status and birthright, the citizens of Teron may find themselves living lives of supreme luxury or severe struggle.

You were born into the life of struggle, though not all hope is lost. Once a year, the Luminous holds the Teron Pokemon League Challenge where two trainers are randomly selected from a randomly selected Town or City to participate. The two trainers must race to beat Teron’s Pokemon League and claim the spot of Champion so that they may live in Champion’s Haven: a Luxury Island free from the Luminous’ rule, made exclusively for Challenge Victors.

Luckily for you, you were this year’s chosen participant. However, things are not as simple as they seem as you are racing against your childhood friend, Eddie. On top of it all, your journey will be even more treacherous for the Teron Region is under serious danger. With the world looking down on you, your closest friend no longer by your side, and a battle against Light and Dark, will you be able to see this League Challenge through? Or will you succumb to the pressure of it all?

Characters:

Spirit.png

Spirit (The Player):
A timid 15-Year Old who comes from Blueridge Town. Given their status in the Teron Region, Spirit feels nothing but an immense amount of pressure placed on them as one of this year’s Challenge Goers. Despite this, Spirit has a strong sense of camaraderie for their fellow Teronites and will try to do what’s right for them given the nature of the world they live in. Wanting nothing more than to be back home with their friend, they must push through everything that their journey is going to put them through no matter what.

Eddie.png

Eddie (The Rival):
Childhood friend of Spirit, Eddie is the second participant of this year’s League Challenge. Despite his angsty appearance, Eddie truly does lament the fact that he’s put into a race against you. But despite that, he’s determined to beat you if it means getting to prove himself to the world. Though he has his reasons, there might be something deeper than what he’s initially leading on…

Wisp.png

Wisp (The Labrat): A close friend of Spirit and Eddie. This eccentric teenage scientist is the child of hometown professor, Prof. Ficus! They’re responsible for most of the gadgets you’ll be using on your adventure like the Pokedex, the PokeGear, and even your Running Shoes! Though in hopes of being able to be a Grade-A Pokemon Professor themselves, they task you to catch Pokemon so that they may study them and fill out their Dex Entries! They’ll reward you handsomely for every Stretch Goal you meet, so get catching!

Professor Ficus.png

Professor Ficus (The Professor): A very simple minded man who just so happens to be sending you off on your journey with one of three starters! For reasons explained in the story, the Professor is only able to supply you with the choice of Shroomish, Houndour, and Staryu. Despite the rough set off, Ficus is hoping that you’ll be able to make do with what’s given to you on your adventure. He ultimately means well!

Solis.png

Solis (The Magearna): A mysterious Pokemon you meet early on into your adventure, bearing a vision of the End of the World. She accompanies you on your adventure across Teron in hopes of being able to stop this vision from coming true. She wishes to not get in the way of your League Challenge, and is quite benevolent overall. Though it’s possible that she’s not telling you everything that she knows…

Nocturne Moons.png

Team Nocturne: A band of finely dressed criminals who work in the shadows for unknown reasons. Despite this, they are known as Public Enemy No. 1 across Teron thanks to the Luminous. All you know is that once they appear, disaster is sure to follow. Any encounter with them could prove to be very dangerous!

Luminous Diamonds.png

The Luminous: The reigning superpower of Teron. Ruled by Queen Ava, the Luminous live to serve order across Teron with an iron fist. Though you may not see them too often early on in your adventure, everywhere you go is a living reminder of what their rule enforces onto everybody. It’s been this way for as long as anybody can remember.

-The Teron Region-
Home of the Luminous and all of Mother Teron’s Children.

AX0E9Ym0x9Qvpr6fZMAuDMEu14NV3o8vzOmJnbi-LqaxPIfAn6yh6Hr4eYTStA0TkhVFJTp36IVRAFQ8g4-9bFq8XkeVDyw1OJQ2bLRxJ8pIFNeYpNSj8iRhTSKOjLBqjcoFYD5TYy-LKgbcV94

Features (In Demo):
  • Over 50 Pokemon To Catch spanning from Gen 1-8, meaning more than 130+ can be found through Evolution!​
  • 4+ Hours of Gameplay with Main Story and Optional Post!​
  • Hand Drawn Character Portraits and CGs for certain character interactions and cutscenes!​
  • A Pokedex Reward System for reaching certain Stretch Goals with caught Pokemon!​
  • A Handful of Original Music (Credits below)!​
  • Optional Assisted Mode that gives you EXP Share All from the Get-Go (Can still be obtained if you choose no, but must be earned).​
  • Includes the Prologue and Chapter 1 of the Main Story​

Features (Full Game Goals):
  • All 890+ Pokemon from Gen 1-8 to be obtainable in some form or fashion.​
  • All Regional Variants Included.​
  • Mega Evolution to be obtained way later into the story, on top of 30+ new Megas.​
  • Teronian Regional Variants? (Maybe)​
  • Plenty of side areas to explore so you’re not railroaded entirely through the story.​
  • Game Corner with Sidequests revolving around Triple Triad.​
  • A Post Game self-contained within the Region but plenty of Super Bosses to fight during that period.​
  • 12 Chapters Planned overall plus an Epilogue for Post Game​

Capture5 (2).PNG
Capture 4 (2).PNG
Capture3 (2).PNG
Capture7 (2).PNG
Capture8 (3).PNG

Credits:

DISCLAIMER: I am writing these credits straight from a personal memo pad that spans across several versions of Pokemon Essentials.
Whether certain credited users are still in the game or not due to v19.1(and above) making certain resources incompatible or unnecessary,
I will still credit those whose resources I did use nonethless for they helped a great deal in previous versions of essentials.

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
  • Flameguru
  • Poccil (Peter O.)
  • Maruno

With contributions from:
  • Marin
  • Boushy
  • MiDas Mike
  • Brother1440
  • Near Fantastica
  • FL.
  • PinkMan
  • Genzai Kawakami
  • Popper
  • Golisopod User
  • Rataime
  • help-14
  • Savordez
  • IceGod64
  • SoundSpawn
  • Jacob O. Wobbrock
  • the__end
  • KitsuneKouta
  • Venom12
  • Lisa Anthony
  • Wachunga
  • Luka S.J.
  • and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
  • Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
  • The Pokémon Company
  • Nintendo
  • Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

-Lead--------------------------------------
  • - JYoshimon

-Pokemon Essentials v19.1------------------

• - Flameguru
  • - Poccil (Peter O.)
  • - Maruno

-Hand Drawn Art--------------------------

• - JYoshimon

-Music-------------------------------------

• - dogtroid
  • - GameFreak
  • - SEGA
  • - Atlus
  • - Nintendo

-Overworld Textures------------------------

• - JYoshimon
  • - Atomic Reactor
  • - HoeLoe

-Message Portraits-------------------------

• - Mr. Gela

-Trainer Sprites---------------------------

• - redblueyellow
  • - JYoshimon

-OW Nate Sprites---------------------------

• - Dazz

-Trainer Card------------------------------

• -redblueyellow

-PBS Editor--------------------------------

• - Marin

-Animated PNGS and Updater-----------------

• - PinkFluffyDragom

-SM Dex Icons------------------------------

• - KrocF4

-XY Sprite Project Contributors------------

-Sun and Moon Sprite Project Contributors--

-Sword and Shield Sprite Project Contributors-

-Additional Gen VII Sprite Credits---------

-Gen 7 Cries-------------------------------

• - Random Talking Bush
  • - Rhyden

-Custom Day and Night Tones----------------

• - Deo

-Pokemon Daycare Tilesets------------------

• - Pekman
  • - Princess-Phoenix
  • - Magiscarf
  • - Kyle-Dov
  • - Vendily

-Gen 6 Icons-------------------------------

• - Pikachumazzinga

-ORAS Water Autotile-----------------------

• - Matwert

-Name Windows------------------------------

• - mej71
  • - theo#7722
  • - Mr. Gela

-Follower Pokemon EX-----------------------

• - Golisopod User
  • - Help-14
  • - zingzags
  • - Rayd12smitty
  • - mej71
  • - Help-14
  • - PurpleZaffre
  • - Akizakura16
  • - Thundaga
  • - Amrin (Fairies Resource Pack)

-Gen 1-5 Overworld Sprites-----------------

• - MissingLukey
  • - help-14
  • - Kymyonian
  • - cSc-A7X
  • - 2and2makes5
  • - Pokegirl4ever
  • - Fernandojl
  • - Silver-Skies
  • - TyranitarDark
  • - Getsuei-H
  • - Kid1513
  • - Milomilotic11
  • - Kyt666
  • - kdiamoll
  • - Chocosrawlooid
  • - Syledude
  • - Gallanty
  • - Gizamimi-Pichu
  • - Zyon17
  • - LarryTurbo
  • - spritesstealer

-Gen 6 Overworld Sprites-------------------

• - princess-phoenix
  • - LunarDusk
  • - Wolfgang62
  • - TintjeMadelintje101
  • - piphybuilder88

-Gen 7 Overworld Sprites-------------------

• - Larry Turbo

-Gen 8 Overworld Sprites-------------------

• - SageDeoxys
  • - Wolfang62

-Gen 8 Cries-------------------------------

• - Zeak6464

-Gen 8 Project PBS Credits-----------------

• - Zerokid
  • - TheToxic
  • - Golisopod UserPur
  • - HM100
  • - KyureJL
  • - ErwanBeurier

-Gen 8 Project Scripts---------------------

• - Vendily
  • - TheToxic
  • - HM100
  • - Golisopod User
  • - Aioross
  • - WolfPP
  • - MFilice
  • - lolface
  • - KyureJL
  • - DarrylBD99
  • - Turn20Negate
  • - TheKandinavian
  • - ErwanBeurier

-Gen 8 Project Compiler-------------------

• - UberDunsparce

-Gen 4 OW Collection Compile--------------

• - Vanilla Sunshine
  • - Neo-Spriteman
  • - Purple Zaffre
  • - Maicerochico
  • - Atomic Reactor

-Gen 4 OW Sprites RMXP Format and Additional Sprites-

• - Neo-Spriteman
  • - Vanilla Sunshine

-Gen 4 Style Gen 5 OW Sprites-

• - DiegoWT

-Gen 4 Day and Night Tones----------------

• - VanillaSunshine

-Static Gen 1-5 Sprites-------------------

• - Luka S.J.

-Location Signposts-----------------------

• - PurpleZaffre
  • - Golisopod User
  • - LostSoulsDev / carmaniac

-Overworld Shadows------------------------

• - Marin

-Better Fastforward-----------------------

• - Marin

-Easy Mouse System------------------------

• - Marin

-Modular Pause Menu-----------------------

• - Luka S.J.

-Modular Title Screen---------------------

• - Luka S.J
  • - GameFreak

-Luka's Scripting Utilities---------------

• - Luka S.J.

-Advanced Transitions---------------------

• - Luka S.J.

-HM Items---------------------------------

• - Marin

-Elite Battle System DX-------------------

Original BW/BW2 Sprites

• - GameFreak

BW/BW2 Sprite Rips

• - Pokecheck.org

GIF to PNG Conversion

• - PinkCatDragon

Gen 5 Red and Leaf Sprites

• - Tebited15
  • - WolfPP
  • - Issei Hyoudou
  • - Nasasu
  • - luckygirl88

Gen 5 Leaf Sprite

• - WolfPP

Gen 5 Ball Sprites

• - Spriters-Resource (redblueyellow)
  • - Damien
  • - WolfPP

Original Gen 5 Sounds

• - GameFreak

SFX Ripping

• - Bad Samaritan

-Elite Battle: DX-------------------------

• - Luka S.J.

-Base System------------------------------

• - Pokemon Essentials

-EBDX Support-----------------------------

• - Maruno
  • - Marin
  • - Golisopod User

-v19.1 Hotfixes---------------------------

• - Maruno

-Encounter List UI------------------------

• - raZ
  • - ThatWelshOne_
  • - Marin
  • - Maruno
  • - Nuri Yuri
  • - PurpleZaffre
  • - Savordez
  • - Vendily

-Voltseon's Pause Menu--------------------

• - Voltseon
  • - Golisopod User
  • - ENLS

-EVs and Ivs in Summary-------------------

• - deoxysprime

-Bag Screen w/ Interactable Party---------

• - DiegoWT
  • - Rose
  • - Vendily

-BW Pokedex-------------------------------

Modified by-
DeepBlue PacificWaves
Special Thanks- NettoHikari
Graphics Ripped By- Xtreme1992
------------------------------------------
Advance HM Items

• - Moyo
  • - Marin

-Gen V Summary Pack-----------------------

Party Screen:

Modified by-
DeepBlue PacificWaves
Special Thanks to- Shashu-Greninja, and Golisopod User
Graphics Ripped By- DeepBlue PacificWaves

Summary Screen BW Style:

Modified by-
DeepBlue PacificWaves
Special Thanks to- Shashu-Greninja, and Golisopod-User
Scrolling BG Inspired by- Mr. Gela

IV Ratings on Summary Screen:

Adapted from Ludicious89's Star Script by-
Tommaniacal

Stat Screen Upgrade (EVs and IVs in Summary)

by- Weirbot, Kobi2604, and dirkriptide
Converted to BW Summary Pack by- DeepBlue PacificWaves

Graphics Ripped by- DeepBlue PacificWaves

Font Ripped by- Ploaj

-Gen V OW Sprites Gen 4 Style---------------

• - DiegoWT

-Looping Trainer Intro as BGM---------------

Original Script-
Boonzeet

V19 Support- DarrylBD99

-EBDX Stat Change Overlay-------------------

• - Phantombass

-Healing Vial------------------------------------

• - Voltseon

-Item to Increase IVs---------------------------

Code By-
James Davy
Asked Question- TheGary2346
Max IV Candy- JYoshimon

-Modern Quest System------------------------

• - TheWelshOne_ : upgrading and reworking the quest data entry and UI
  • - mej71 : the underlying quest system uses a lot of mej71's original quest system script for earlier versions of Pokémon Essentials
  • - derFischae : updating mej71's quest system script for v17.2 and v18/18.1
  • - Marin : TheWelshOne_ took inspiration for some of the UI components from Marin's Easy Questing Interface
-Better Speed Up----------------------------

Original Script-
Marin
Updating to 19.1- Phantombass

Thank you if you decided to play my Demo! If you played it all the way through to the end, then I please ask if you may take a short survey on the game! Any feedback is appreciated as I just want to make sure the experience is enjoyable for many!

Black Spirit Survey

Attachments

• Wisp.png
    Wisp.png
    433 KB · Views: 124
  • Solis.png
    Solis.png
    535.4 KB · Views: 140
  • PBS Logo no Glow Clear.png
    PBS Logo no Glow Clear.png
    201 KB · Views: 6,679
  • PBS Banner 1.png
    PBS Banner 1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 128
  • PBS Logo Glow.png
    PBS Logo Glow.png
    387.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

nitroussbc1

Rookie
As soon as i go into a battle with a wild pokwmon it says script error on joiplay playing on note20 ultra

Pacifist

Rookie
The survey implies there is a discord server somewhere. You should probably put that here so people can join it lol.

JYoshimon

Rookie
The survey implies there is a discord server somewhere. You should probably put that here so people can join it lol.
Haha, sadly there's no discord server at the moment. Discord is an option because I happen to be in a ton of mutual servers where my status is advertising the game, and it did indeed gain some traction from there which I am very grateful for. I will definitely try to have one by the time I release the next set of chapters, but as it stands I am currently fixing up reported bugs/typos and such on the currently released chapters so that people may play Black Spirit without some major screw ups I left in. I would love to have a way to update people who are currently interested in the project who aren't my mutuals, but at the moment I have no idea how I would go about that ^-^'

Pacifist

Rookie
Haha, sadly there's no discord server at the moment. Discord is an option because I happen to be in a ton of mutual servers where my status is advertising the game, and it did indeed gain some traction from there which I am very grateful for. I will definitely try to have one by the time I release the next set of chapters, but as it stands I am currently fixing up reported bugs/typos and such on the currently released chapters so that people may play Black Spirit without some major screw ups I left in. I would love to have a way to update people who are currently interested in the project who aren't my mutuals, but at the moment I have no idea how I would go about that ^-^'
Alrighty! Looking forward to the next update, the game was really fun when I played through it!

JYoshimon

Rookie
Where do you find in which spot of the forest past route 2 to get the shack key?
You may find the Shack Key at the top left of the forest! You will need the Rock Smash Key Item however and you may only get that once beating the first Gym Leader!

Nutcase71733

Cooltrainer
Is there a means to enhance IVs or change natures? I see the PBS file suggests there is but I've personally found that doesnt necessarill reflect what actual content is in the game at times.

JYoshimon

Rookie
Is there a means to enhance IVs or change natures? I see the PBS file suggests there is but I've personally found that doesnt necessarill reflect what actual content is in the game at times.
As of this current build, there is methods to change IVs but no Natures quite yet. You can find Bottle Caps through sidequests that can be exchanged for candies that can max out IVs at a town's local Inn. There ARE plans to put in Mints and even items that set IVs to Zero in the next release of the game. I actually have a status update regarding this game's development but I personally don't know how to post it here on Relic Castle...

JYoshimon

Rookie
Black Spirit Year 1 Update
(I'm a month late on this, but had uploaded this to my twitter a while ago, whoops..)

Howdy!

As of today, it’s been a whole year since I released the Chapter 1 Demo of Pokémon Black Spirit to the public! From the bottom of my heart I want to thank everyone who has played the demo and given me feedback! Every bit of feedback I’ve received I’ve done my best to help mend one way or another, and some of those changes have made their way into the current build that’s available right now. I’m still working hard with what I have, and I know in general that Pokémon Essentials is glitchy all around if you actively look for things to break, so I apologize as there are somethings that are out of my control that I straight up cannot fix… but I at least want to give some insight of what I plan on getting done for the next demo! (Whenever that may come out…)

What to Expect for the next Demo!

Truth be told, I can’t remember information I’ve given exclusively to mutuals vs information I’ve let out on twitter (or X now I guess) already so let’s just take it from the top.

Chapter 2 & 3

The next demo will contain the next TWO chapters of this game and will give you access to all the major towns and cities that are on the west side of the Teron Region. There will be more sub areas to explore, and honestly I’m quite proud with how they’re turning out. As story heavy as this game is, I still want to give the player much to explore outside of the beaten pathway and reward them for doing so. With that said…

Side Content and Optional Bosses?
Ontop of finding and discovering sub areas, I just want there to be moments where players can stumble into danger because they chose to do so. Something they can be proud of for discovering on their own all the while getting satisfaction for what those challenges threw their way. After all, some very nice goods are rewarded for overcoming these challenges! But whatever is present in the Chapter 2 & 3 Demo is essentially how I want to handle these encounters so I’ll be looking for feedback on that come the Demo’s release.

On top of these optional obstacles, there will also be some on going Sidequests present in the demo. Y’know the ones, the “oh I got this quest early on in my adventure and there’s a good chance I’ll still be doing it by endgame!”. Yeah. Those ones. I am doing my best to avoid those really bad ones present in modern games where it’s like “find the 100+ items for reasons!” (Though to be honest, this does make me wonder how I plan on tackling Zygarde and its various forms… that’s a future me problem tho, not a Chapter 2 & 3 concern). But what’s there I feel is reasonable as is. Unfortunately these questlines can’t be finished in full in the Demo, so just enjoy what you can do as is <:

Gender Options? Character Customization?

This one is a flat no, so apologies on that front. Given how every character portrait is hand drawn by me, having to write and script cutscenes to account for those visuals sounds like a lot more trouble than it’s worth. Also given how the Protagonist of this game is their own character and not much of a self insert, I don’t really feel the want or need to add character customization either.

If I’m being honest though, if I were to give the player the option to choose between Character A or Character B, I would most likely separate those options in their own separate games. In Pokémon Black Spirit, you’ll play as Spirit. In Pokémon White Wisp, you’ll play as Wisp. But until I make full trainer assets for Wisp (I don’t even have them all for Spirit) then I’ll consider making them playable through an entire separate version of the game. Whoops.

Updated Assets

I’ve been practicing pixel stuff lately as I’ve gotten myself an iPad and I’m quite fond of what I’ve been able to do, so there are some overworld textures that have been reworked so they’re not just recolors of FRLG assets… Not everything is getting reworked but a fair amount is.

And in terms of music, I regret to inform that the music present in the current public build will not be present in future releases. Any original song will be replaced by music from the Pokémon Series or elsewhere.

Version 19.1 or Bust

As of the making of this post, Pokemon Essentials have recently released Version 21, but I’m not so distraught this time! I’m making a vow to not upgrade to future versions of Essentials for my own sanity. Essentials v19.1 works fine enough as is, but a big reason I refuse to move onwards is that it’s a huge gamble if the resources present in my game will be properly updated to the latest version of Essentials, so I’m letting it be until I know all or at least most of those resources get updated properly. However this comes with a major caveat…

Hisui Pokémon + Gen 9?

Unfortunately there are no resources that allow for the use of Hisui Pokemon or Generation 9 in v19.1 (only v20 and above…). And truthfully I would not know how to go about any of it myself (scripting those new moves and abilities is out of my skill range…) so do not expect any Pokémon beyond Calyrex to appear in Black Spirit :> tho to make up for that…

New Pokémon?!

I don’t think it’s a secret by now that I want to create new forms for Pokémon. What started as only wanting to make new Megas stemmed into me wanting to make Regional Variants and even new Evolutions for existing mon! I would love to reveal what I have in store in creative ways like making fake CoroCoro Scans but for now, do know that there are things cooking back here!

Don’t expect Mega Evolutions to be a thing in the next demo though. It won’t be obtained until Chapter 5 of the full game so you’ll be kept waiting for a long time to see those in action unfortunately.

Regional Variants are a different story however as I plan on debuting a generous amount come Chapter 2 & 3’s Release! If I was clever at giving hints I’d be all Riddler in this place :3 But I’m not, so I guess you’ll have to wait until the Demo’s Release unless I say otherwise! I will say a new regional variant already exists in one of my art pieces that can be found on twitter (X :p)… which one tho? I’ll never tell! Kudos if you find it tho :3

Lowkey it’s also because of this on why I’ve been slow with actual in game progress because making new Pokémon/Forms isn’t the easiest thing, but it’s fun nonetheless! So sorry about that ^-^’

Event Pokémon!

Lowkey I debate on this one! It’s very possible to do online Event Distributions in my game, and there’s only one I can really think of doing. It may be obvious on what that Pokémon could be, might not! But rest assured you’ll be able to obtain the Pokémon through the main story either way. It just depends if people are cool with receiving it the second they reach a Pokémon Center PLUS the one you can get in the story way later down the line. I’ll leave that one up to a mental debate. Or maybe I’ll just make a poll!

How can I stay updated with the game’s progress?

Truth be told I’ve been thinking about how I want to go about this because I have reservations regarding some of these methods. The biggest one being obvious. But let’s go down with what I have in mind!

An Official Black Spirit Social Media Page?

This is one that I could have done at any point but with how much Twitter has been crapping itself lately, I really don’t know what would be the best platform to post updates on. I’m very much open to suggestions regardless be it staying on Twitter, moving to Threads (HA, I’ve written this a month ago), Insta, or maybe even Tumblr.

Discord?

I’ve been wanting to do this most of all but truth be told I’ve been holding it off for a long time. I really am unsure about how to go about any of it, and the fact that almost anybody can join sounds intimidating to try and manage. It would be a place where I can consistently update on just about anything I feel like and feel comfortable doing so. If I’m in a good position to do so it’ll be the one thing I want to do most but I’m also the most apprehensive on it as well. We’ll see though.

Info Pages or Wikis of Any Kind?

I am indeed making several documents for my game that will give players any important information they might seek out. From Item Locations to Area Encounters, I just want to help anyone who will ask “When can I get this Pokémon?” Or “When will I get this item?”. Where I’ll place the documentation? Idk… maybe on the game’s main Relic Castle page come the Chapter 2 & 3 Release. If I had any know how, I would definitely like to make wiki pages akin to Bulbapedia just because I’m fond of how they layout their game data, but I don’t see that happening sadly unless it’s easier than I’m making it out to be.

Extra Promo Material?

Remember when I said how I wanted to try and make fake CoroCoro scans when I reveal new Pokémon forms? Well I would also like to make accompanying trailers for those CoroCoro scans that would be officially shown off a couple days later much like the days of ORAS. Is it a bit much? Yes. Yes it is. But I genuinely have fun with these concepts and the execution is also really neat too. This will be purely for fun though if I ever get around to it. I do at least want to have one trailer done for the Chapter 2 & 3 Demo so we’ll see how that goes.

But if I’m ever releasing those videos on YouTube, do note that the title will most likely be changed to “Project Spirit” because idk how much people can get in trouble for doing stuff like that on YouTube…

Release Date Estimate?

Unfortunately I cannot give an estimate on this. I am only one person in this endeavor and I do what I can with whatever free time I have (implying I’m not working on commissions or even playing new video games. 2023 hit me hard with these releases…). What I can say is that Chapter 2 and 3’s Script is written out in full. But the way I go about making my game is making an Area and doing everything I can event wise before moving onto the next area. So with that said, scripting out my story beats into ingame events is a HUUUUGE time eater just because I’m always having to replay and watch them in real time just to make sure they play out exactly how I want.

With that said, Chapters 2 & 3 take place in the remaining three major towns/cities of Western Teron and I am currently finishing up the story of that first major town. Two more to go after that… not counting sub areas or routes at least. But progress is being done!! I really am trying my hardest to work with what I can do and I appreciate the patience of those who are waiting on updates ;v;

One Final Thank You

Again I can’t stress how grateful I am for the friends and family who have been my my side through this game’s creation (and well before that ~ iykyk ;-;). And to everyone who has played it and even gave feedback, you have no idea HOW MUCH that actually means to me. I just genuinely appreciate it from the bottom of my heart, and I hope you all enjoy future releases of Pokémon Black Spirit!

If you have questions, please don't be afraid to ask! (also if there's a better way of going about posting updates like these on Relic Castle, please let me know, I want to make sure who follows the game gets these important updates :> )

Nutcase71733

Cooltrainer
As of this current build, there is methods to change IVs but no Natures quite yet. You can find Bottle Caps through sidequests that can be exchanged for candies that can max out IVs at a town's local Inn. There ARE plans to put in Mints and even items that set IVs to Zero in the next release of the game. I actually have a status update regarding this game's development but I personally don't know how to post it here on Relic Castle...
thats cool, I'm happy with that. Thanks!

Back