• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Rise Up (Demo v2)

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
The heinous criminal group Red Crimson has been stealing Pokémon around the Jotash Region in seek of making the strongest Pokémon to dominate the world. As a young strong-willed Pokémon Trainer, you have been tasked by the great Professor Laau to help take them down. Along your journeys, you will encounter countless Pokémon, trainers, friends, foes, rivals, and more. Can you rise up to the challenge and defeat the evil Red Crimson?

Pokemon Rise Up Title.gif

TrainerTest.PNG

Quests.gif

ShadowPkmn.PNG

Onix Forms.gif

Dev Message:
I started making this game for my daughter because she enjoyed playing Pokémon games. So I decided to incorporate a game that has our family and what our family represents. There are a lot of 80s and 90s references, easter eggs, and nostalgia throughout the game. I hope you all enjoy playing this game as much as I had making it. Go out there players and catch'em all.

Please post a message for any issues or if you just enjoy the gameplay or any ideas you would think I should incorporate or elaborate on. If there are any issues please give a detailed description of what the issue is and any images if possible.

Receive 2 random Starters. The first starter is received after completing the Pokémon Trainer Test.
Brand new Eevee Ghost-type evolution and Form (Can be obtained through a secret failable mission -Hint easter egg to Pokémon Adventures Manga-)
3 new Onix Forms
Optional Gym Battles
Questing System
Failed Mission Consequences
Includes Shadow Pokémon
Mart items change based on distance traveled by the player instead of badge count
All HMs are able to be used without Gym Badges
Added Manual Password entry feature
Includes Pokemon up to Gen 8

Added
Evolution Method that allows certain Pokemon to evolve after fainting
Difficulty Settings for Wild Pokemon and Trainers
Follower Pokemon Feature
Route Encounter List
Random weather according to season and location on all outside maps

Fixes v2
Adjusted all battler sprite positions
Adjusted all icons for battlers

Credits
Poccil, Flameguru, Maruno, Luka S.J., Marin - Pokemon Essentials v20
Maruno - Pokemon Essentials v20 Hotfixes
KingTapir - Team Rocket Go Leaders Vs Transition Graphics
ThatWelshOne_, mej71, derFischae, Marin - Modern Quest System + UI
Voltseon, Golisopod User, ENLS - Pause Menu v1.8
SoftShade - Pokemon Sunday
Thundaga - Terrain scripts/Youtube Tutorials/Emotion bubbles
Mighty Jeeters - Articuno, Zapdos, & Moltres from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sprite
ShadicStudios - Black/White Kyurm Back Idle Recoloured
abcboy & SnorlaxMonster - Project ItemDex Snag Machine Graphic
Boonzeet - Puddle Step Animation, Audio, and scripts
Guangcong Luo - Trainer Battle Sprites from Pokemon Showdown
WesleyFG - Let's Surf in Water Pokemon Gym graphics
Lance32497 & Sniper - 64x64 Indexed Pokemon Trainer Sprite Mugshots
Pixel Kitchen - Eviolite font
Arien Epic - Unown Font
IPBP - Pokemon Hollow Font
Luka S.J. - Modular Title Screen
Bacon-Webmaster - Ship Decor Tileset/Tileset FR/LG
Mr. Gela - Password in Events
Berylstone - Step Counter
Benitex, Joltik, Umbreon - Automatic Level Scaling
Porygatto - Rotom Phone Image

Encounter List UI
ThatWelshOne_
raZ
Marin
Maruno
Nuri Yuri
PurpleZaffre
Savordez
Vendily

Gen 8 Pack:
[*]Battler Sprites:
[*]Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
[*]Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
[*]Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
[*]Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project

[*]Overworld Sprites
[*]Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
[*]Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
[*]Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
[*]Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
[*]Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo

[*]Icon Sprites
[*]Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
[*]Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
[*]Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon

[*]Cry Credits:
[*]Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
[*]Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
[*]Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464

[*]Script Credits:
[*]Golisopod User, Luka S.J.

[*]Compilation of Resources:
[*]Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Follower Pokemon EX:
Golisopod User
Help-14
zingzags
Rayd12smitty
mej71
PurpleZaffre
Akizakura16
Thundaga
Armin (Fairies Resource Pack)
Maruno

Pokémon Essentials" was created by:

Flameguru

Poccil (Peter O.)

Maruno

With contributions from:

Marin

Boushy

MiDas Mike

Brother1440

Near Fantastica

FL.

PinkMan

Genzai Kawakami

Popper

Golisopod User

Rataime

help-14

Savordez

IceGod64

SoundSpawn

Jacob O. Wobbrock

the__end

KitsuneKouta

Venom12

Lisa AnthonyWachunga

Luka S.J.

and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:

Roza

Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:

Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:

The Pokémon Company

Nintendo

Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.

No copyright infringements intended.

Please support the official games!​

Last edited:

Magic

Novice
So far its an enjoyable gameplay.
  • Challenge laumei city gymleader Logan gives error
  • Enter manuki village gym gives error
  • got the lift ticket but cannot use cablelift

Last edited:

GangstaNerd

Madness is like gravity
So far its an enjoyable gameplay.
  • Challenge laumei city gymleader Logan gives error
  • Enter manuki village gym gives error
  • got the lift ticket but cannot use cablelift
Thank you for bringing this up. I fixed the issue with the Laumei City Gym error. I didn't get an error for Manuki Village Gym and using the lift ticket, did you check to see if you have the actual lift ticket and not the voucher. Could you please elaborate on what errors you are getting or send images so I see what you are getting so I fix them. I'm working on making major updates to further gameplay because it basically ends once you get the lift ticket. I will hopefully be able to post this new update in the coming weeks. Thank you for your patience and hopefully you'll play the updated version.

Magic

Novice
Thank you for bringing this up. I fixed the issue with the Laumei City Gym error. I didn't get an error for Manuki Village Gym and using the lift ticket, did you check to see if you have the actual lift ticket and not the voucher. Could you please elaborate on what errors you are getting or send images so I see what you are getting so I fix them. I'm working on making major updates to further gameplay because it basically ends once you get the lift ticket. I will hopefully be able to post this new update in the coming weeks. Thank you for your patience and hopefully you'll play the updated version.
cablelift issue solved. 2 out of 3 gyms give me error see under:
1657634072548.png
1657634091025.png

GangstaNerd

Madness is like gravity
Pokémon Rise Up v2 has been released. Unfortunately, no new gameplay has been added due to other obligations, but I added a bunch of new mechanics to the game, such as random weather depending on season and location on the map, a new evolution method, added three difficulty settings for those looking for more of a challenge, and more. See the full list in Special Features. In order to activate the difficulty settings, you can either talk to your Dad or start the game all over, remember you'll get a slightly different experience when starting over due to the randomness of the starter Pokémon you will receive. My next update won't be for a while due to wanting to add much more gameplay content and potentially making this a completed version of the game in the next update or two, so please bear with me. If there are any issues with your gameplay please let me know. Enjoy playing Pokémon Rise Up.

katrina48

Novice
i find catching Pokemon really hard it look they get caught then they break free why is it so hard to catch Pokemon? enjoying game so far thanks

GangstaNerd

Madness is like gravity
i find catching Pokemon really hard it look they get caught then they break free why is it so hard to catch Pokemon? enjoying game so far thanks
That's odd, my testers have played and haven't had any issues with catching Pokemon. I'll look into it though. Glad you're enjoying the game.

Back