• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed The Power We Hold

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
GmdAYlK.png

Made Using RPG Maker XP & Pokémon Essentials

The Power We Hold takes a different approach on the invention of the Pokéball. Jump into the Lacus Region which has now become obsessed with technology and innovation six years after the invention. Face the evil force by destroying them from the inside out before the annual Lacus Tournament comes to an end!
As much as I'd love to go further into detail explaining this game, I personally believe it's better delivered as an experience rather than text.

Screenshots
VlLE370m.png
Oiofp5Vm.png
mRjnZVcm.png
etKsvvWm.png
qXxshh6m.png
syyNmPlm.png

Download
Current Version: 9/3/17 - 1.05

Team
FlamingFalcon
MeetYourReaper

Notes

This game was made for the Third Annual Relic Castle Game Jam. It may not be the most perfect thing in the world but we are very proud of what it's become and at how much we've grown from the last Game Jam. This year we continue our theme of not allowing the player to capture Pokémon! (sorry) This game is, for the most part, open world with blockades only at major plot points. It was designed this way to encourage exploration.

Credits
The Power We Hold

Tilesets
Kyle-Dove, speedialga, spacemotion, Alucus, Pokemon-Diamond, Kizemaru-Kurunosuke, EpicDay, Thurpok, UltimoSpriter, iametrine, Minorthreat0987, TyranitarDark, SailorVicious, KKKaito, WesleyFG, BoOmxBiG, Takai-of-the-Fire, Hek-el-grande, ThatsSoWitty

Overworld Sprites
Dragoon, redblueyellow, Barubary, Princess Pheonix, Dazz
Battle Sprites
Nordk, Dreadwing93, Eevee, Zhen Lin, pika, Pipian
Platinum HP Bar
Haru Raindose
Music
DPPt Music
Hitomi Sato, Junichi Masudo (2006)
Custom Music
FlamingFalcon (2017)
Sound Effects
The Pokémon Black & White Team
Additional Art
MeetYourReaper
Beta Tester(s)
Konclan
Special Thanks To
The Relic Castle Community
Pokémon Essentials
Flameguru, Poccil, Maruno and many more
RPG Maker
Enterbrain

Pokémon
GAME FREAK, Nintendo, Creatures inc.
Lunation Productions 2017

Last edited:

Presley

Fastest Man Alive
There's a little error where after you talk to Sylvia about your mission and go interact with the door of your parents' previous house, the event repeats and then I got stuck in a black screen.

Falcon

Local Robot
I might just play it because it takes place in Vietnam, or so I think it does cause that guy said "be careful in Deep Hanoi." Anyway, looks cool looking forward to playing it! :)
Sadly, it doesn't have a dedicated place of the world it takes place in. Each of the locations are named after famous prisons around the world. Deep Hanoi and Hilton Town clearly comes from Hanoi Hilton in Vietnam so I hope that's good enough for you!

There's a little error where after you talk to Sylvia about your mission and go interact with the door of your parents' previous house, the event repeats and then I got stuck in a black screen.
Thank you for this! Easy fix yet game breaking. It'll be in a patch further down the line depending on how many bugs come to my attention later on!

Presley

Fastest Man Alive
Sadly, it doesn't have a dedicated place of the world it takes place in. Each of the locations are named after famous prisons around the world. Deep Hanoi and Hilton Town clearly comes from Hanoi Hilton in Vietnam so I hope that's good enough for you!

Thank you for this! Easy fix yet game breaking. It'll be in a patch further down the line depending on how many bugs come to my attention later on!
Yeah, of course! Also, I really like the game so far.

kirlial

Novice
Hey there, this game was really interesting! Congrats on completing the game jam! I've played up to the end of the first part where you invade the lab and the story in this game is fantastic, a chilling storyline that is inmediately engaging. Some of the ideas here felt really fresh and unique. The whole prologue looked great and all the custom music tracks were nice as well.
On the gameplay itself, most of the trainer battles were fairly nice and manageable (though I was a little surprised there wasn't any mini boss inside the lab itself.) The Pokemon you have are nice though perhaps not the most versatile (also I'm not sure that fairy attacks were working perfectly, it seemed like they were dealing neutral damage to everything.)
Anyway, my only real criticism of the game would be the mapping. While the maps didn't contain any obvious errors, they all seemed incredibly flat, open and lacking many details. Portions of routes seemed either completely clear or completely covered in tall grass. Towns were very uniform. After a while of playing this became a little too distracting despite the great story. Still, I'll play the rest soon and hopefully complete it.​

Falcon

Local Robot
Hey there, this game was really interesting! Congrats on completing the game jam! I've played up to the end of the first part where you invade the lab and the story in this game is fantastic, a chilling storyline that is inmediately engaging. Some of the ideas here felt really fresh and unique. The whole prologue looked great and all the custom music tracks were nice as well.
On the gameplay itself, most of the trainer battles were fairly nice and manageable (though I was a little surprised there wasn't any mini boss inside the lab itself.) The Pokemon you have are nice though perhaps not the most versatile (also I'm not sure that fairy attacks were working perfectly, it seemed like they were dealing neutral damage to everything.)
Anyway, my only real criticism of the game would be the mapping. While the maps didn't contain any obvious errors, they all seemed incredibly flat, open and lacking many details. Portions of routes seemed either completely clear or completely covered in tall grass. Towns were very uniform. After a while of playing this became a little too distracting despite the great story. Still, I'll play the rest soon and hopefully complete it.​

First of all, thanks for checking out! This threads been pretty dead so I've been worried about what people have thought and this (along with Pap's stream) made my night! After last year we kinda made story our priority so I'm glad it's delivering!
The game is basically a rough draft of what I had planned and never got along to make the lab mini boss so feel free to check it out at a later date! The fairy moves were added in at last minute by hand so I wouldn't be surprised at that, it also appears in Phantump's moveset further down the line once she gets her Gen VII moves.
I cant argue with you there! As stated above, we focused so much on story that the maps weren't made with as much love as I would've wanted to, especially the Wilderness. I'll definitely update them over time and promise to make them more interesting as mapping is my favorite thing next to storyboarding! I guess I'll just use the excuse of Silph Co. wanting everything to be boring for now ;)

Once again, thanks for playing and I can't wait to get a better version of it out... maybe even with another chapter...?

LunarAzumarill

Zuzu

Close enough :)

Falcon

Local Robot
The Power We Hold Version 1.04 is now available for download!
Lots of changes! Recommended for a far better experience of the game!
Change logs:
1.03;
-Fixed small bug involving Sylvia's event.
-Added PokéMart!
-Lowered trainer levels a tad.
-Some graphical changes (bag & trainer card).
-Minor map changes to show entrances to areas better.
1.04;
-Fixed text box error after the Lab. If effected speak with the scientist outside of the lab for a fix!
-Lowered encounter rate and how far most trainers can see the player.
-New, better, and easier to read UI!
-Added signs so the player is alert to where Factory Cave is.
-Added extra dialogue to assist Act III navigation.

Thank you all for your feedback so far! It's only making us better game developers and we can't thank you enough. While this game may be one of those forgotten in this Jam (since there are SO many awesome entries) I wouldn't want it to be any other game, with any other team, or any other community! Thanks once again and keep on catching 'em all no matter how immoral it is! (And yes this is all a copy of my 1.03 update but they came out on the same date so give me a break!)

Iron_Rx

Novice
Has anyone managed to beat the lab in version 1.04? I'm encountering a bug where after beating the second camera puzzle and reading the dialogue, the screen goes white. If you press A, it just takes you on back to the second puzzle again.

Iron_Rx

Novice
Another gamebreaking bug: a few moves create infinite loops where my turn is skipped. I'm in the Trial of Willpower which is unbeatable because Scolipedes Bug Bite hits me (Phantump) over and over before I can do anything. Also noticed this in the guy who talks about "There are no shortcuts" with Chatter.

PokeAJTraductor

Rookie
Wow!
This game looks interesting..
I'd like to translate it into Spanish if you give me your permission, of course.

ughhhh

Rookie
gamebreaking bug: if you talk to a guard as phantump while in the prison, the game freezes but music still plays

i hadnt saved the game yet and im mad ;-;

Spectra1799

Novice
*SPOILERS*

Just finished this myself and I have to say one of my personal favorite fan games I've ever played. The story was interesting the entire way through, the battles were never to "hard" but not easy in anyway, dialogue was great, loved the pokemon companions, the several sections of gameplay that were not battles were great as well!, such as the prison stealth, the 3 lake caves, the professor lab, were all great! and was rarely bored was extremely fun the entire time!

minor complaints though have to be said, firstly the maps were great except for a couple where it felt big which is nice but I mean WAY to big and I ended up being bored outta my mind with exploring the bigger maps finding the items aka the First Forest in the game (forgot the name) and the cave at the mountain, (again forgot name), along with this several attacks seemed to be bugged or cause errors, examples are a move being repeated endlessly until my pokemon is dead (a move such as chatter or bug bite) or some not working at all like toxic spikes never poisoned my pokemon.

Overall these rare errors or bugs, and the rest of the game its amazing I would 100% play this game again after time as past and again and again, (so on and so forth) thanks for creating an amazing game thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
how long is this game? its only 77 mb so it doesnt seem very sizeable
It's a jam game, so it's probably not going to be huge.

With that said, nearly all of the content in video games game is audio and images, which don't have a lot to do with how long it takes to play, so that's not a very useful comparison to make.

Back