• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Sky Fortress

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
4U7TVPi.png

zUURL17.png

^^ Hello everyone, Leon Draceus here for the second Pokémon Fan Game Project and also my first Game Jam Entry! Also, a special thanks to my friends who encouraged me to start this Project. Sky Fortress was my Fanfiction written in Vietnamese~
I hope you would enjoy the Journey as Jirachi and experience Fun, Exciting exploration in Sky Fortress.
CWH4b8f.png

Pokémon Sky Fortress is made by Pallet Works with my Lead, Leon Draceus, Saizo (Mapper) and Nemurin (Pixel Artist/Mapper)
7o0hMnQ.png

Pokémon Sky Fortress is made using RPG Maker XP, Pokémon Essentials. Other tools we used in development are PBS+ Editor (by M3rein), GIF to PNG (by Lucy), Microsoft Paint, Adobe Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI (Those last softwares are not necessary but just in case you want to know how we draw/sprite/edit).

Pokémon Sky Fortress Resource: Here

CxqgU7n.png

e6suZbC.png

Download Here

F6dONmc.png

^-^ If you find any bugs, please PM or post a reply below! If you don't mind, tell me how you feel while playing the game (I mean the story if it isn't clear to you~)
Also ^^ I'm not very good at English so please don't be mad~ You can reply or PM me the solution of fixing it.

B9yqk24.png

Sprites/Tiles
Snivy101
Hyperactiveflummi
N-kin
CJames-21
Luigi-player
Mystery_Dungeon
redblueyellow
catcatcat
SylverDeoxys563
Hauntf.
Toastypk
Nightmare
Nataniel-sama
princess-phoenix
zlolxd
RandomTalkingBush
Nemurin
Leon Draceus

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Font
David

Story
Leon Draceus
Lewis Su4rez07

Game UI
Leon Draceus
Nemurin

Audio
BrawlBRSTMs3
Crunchii
Phasma
USBMassStorageDevice(Bidoof)
FlygonBreloom
XDavizaX
Nuparu
utuber6061

Quality Checker
Adam The Meganium
SyuNub
Ele_demaru
Shayrl
Bad_luck
Glong279
Linac
KingFeraligatr

Animated Bitmap Wrapper
Luka S.J.

GIF to PNG
dragonite (Lucy)

PBS+ Editor
M3rein

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
With contributions from:
Luka S.J.
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Harshboy
Rataime
help-14
SoundSpawn
IceGod64
the__end
Jacob O. Wobbrock
Venom12
KitsuneKouta
Wachunga
Lisa Anthony
xLeD
and everyone else who helped out

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain
Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak
Affiliated with Chunsoft
This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Last edited:

Whimsy

Rookie
I'm a PMD fan! Is this like PMD? So I played it.

It's not exactly the same thing, since it's made using "main series" tools. i.e. not PMD battle mechanics. (Kinda shows there aren't tools for PMD game-making our there... do we dare hope for it?).

But still, it feels like PMD, so much! Because it's the little story, about meeting a partner, going on a journey, protecting each other and becoming perfect friends. Yet there is something secret kept from this very friend. A brief little summary of what makes PMD spirit shine brightly.

(In other words, it feels nostalgic).

LeonDraceus

Pokemon Master League Game Director
I'm a PMD fan! Is this like PMD? So I played it.

It's not exactly the same thing, since it's made using "main series" tools. i.e. not PMD battle mechanics. (Kinda shows there aren't tools for PMD game-making our there... do we dare hope for it?).

But still, it feels like PMD, so much! Because it's the little story, about meeting a partner, going on a journey, protecting each other and becoming perfect friends. Yet there is something secret kept from this very friend. A brief little summary of what makes PMD spirit shine brightly.

(In other words, it feels nostalgic).

Thanks, Whimsy ^^ I have some problem to implement PMD Mechanics since I'm not a coder and none of my team member are capable of doing so~ Glad you enjoyed it, the PMD story is always touching and sweet about friendship, I wish I could have done it better!------------------------
Hey, I really love PMD, and I think the idea you have going on with this game is nice and snazzy. I'm looking forward to giving this a play.
^^ Thanks! I would love to see the video

Maneeee.

Rookie
Hey there draceus! Huge fan of your work, mega adventure was a blast to play through! I would like to experience sky fortress too, but I can't seem to start it up. It seems to be missing Data and Graphics folders when I compare them to other games. Should it be this way or am I missing something?

LeonDraceus

Hey there draceus! Huge fan of your work, mega adventure was a blast to play through! I would like to experience sky fortress too, but I can't seem to start it up. It seems to be missing Data and Graphics folders when I compare them to other games. Should it be this way or am I missing something?
You should download again, must be something wrong while you were downloading...

Maneeee.

Rookie
You should download again, must be something wrong while you were downloading...
That's the thing, I downloaded it two times, I even downloaded the resource pack. but there's still no graphics or data files to be found. Only Audio, Fonts, Credits.txt, desktop.ini, game.exe, game.ini, game.rgssad, gif.dll, RGSS102E.dll and rubyscreen.dll. Would there be a problem with my PC by any chance or a program I don't seem to have?

LeonDraceus

That's the thing, I downloaded it two times, I even downloaded the resource pack. but there's still no graphics or data files to be found. Only Audio, Fonts, Credits.txt, desktop.ini, game.exe, game.ini, game.rgssad, gif.dll, RGSS102E.dll and rubyscreen.dll. Would there be a problem with my PC by any chance or a program I don't seem to have?
Lol, it can be played by using Game.exe without any problems. I thought you couldn't play it... Pokemon Mega Adventure has a public Graphics folder but not Sky Fortress

Raiden Draconius

Rookie
Definitely one of my favorite games in this year's Game Jam <3 Great story, very PMD-ish, hard gameplay (with soooo much wild Pokemon, puzzles and tough bosses),.... I wish that your game will be the number one winner of this contest! <3 Go, Leon!

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
This game is really fun so far! My only issue is that the constant wild battles get slightly annoying, but that can be expected in a Pokemon fangame, so I'm fine with it! I was wondering how you used the PMD tiles, since they aren't 32x32. I tried making a PMD fangame one time and had to resize all the tiles, it doesn't appear that you did that, so I was wondering if there was a script or something you used.

LeonDraceus

This game is really fun so far! My only issue is that the constant wild battles get slightly annoying, but that can be expected in a Pokemon fangame, so I'm fine with it! I was wondering how you used the PMD tiles, since they aren't 32x32. I tried making a PMD fangame one time and had to resize all the tiles, it doesn't appear that you did that, so I was wondering if there was a script or something you used.
Oh, it can be found in my Resources. I resized every single tile :3 It took quite a long time to resize, select tiles and arrange them.

Mashirosakura

With my wishes frozen in time and long forgotten
Discord Mod
As a fan of the Mystery Dungeon series, there are some serious problems with this game. Most of it is mechanical, visuals are stunning so you get a point there. Most of my issues stem from the gameplay. The rooms are too small and too crowded to the point that every floor feels like a Monster House, so when one does eventually appear, it just looks like overkill. The respawn rate and overuse of warp tiles is frankly annoying. That Hoopa event made me have to restart from the beginning when it took me back to the title menu and that made me very unimpressed because I had to redo everything over again. And now I'm stuck in the wall just after Hoopa so...
gmWgqTT.png

Also this is tiny but Swellow isn't in the right place
cMH2j1S.png

LeonDraceus

As a fan of the Mystery Dungeon series, there are some serious problems with this game. Most of it is mechanical, visuals are stunning so you get a point there. Most of my issues stem from the gameplay. The rooms are too small and too crowded to the point that every floor feels like a Monster House, so when one does eventually appear, it just looks like overkill. The respawn rate and overuse of warp tiles is frankly annoying. That Hoopa event made me have to restart from the beginning when it took me back to the title menu and that made me very unimpressed because I had to redo everything over again. And now I'm stuck in the wall just after Hoopa so...
gmWgqTT.png

Also this is tiny but Swellow isn't in the right place
cMH2j1S.png
sorry if the mechanics aren't the same. We don't have coder, and I only have 4 weeks so everything works through Event with limit. Hoopa was intentionally because the option leads to death flag in my fanfiction. Warp tiles are meant to be put in positions players usually run through, cause I don't want things to be that easy. Also The small room with too many Pokémon, I tried to make the amount of Pokémon in all Maps of a floor the same and there are 3 maps per floors with differences. Sprite Reposition for player's side is too much to handle because I have to add every Single Pokémon to the party to check if they are good or not, that will waste quite some time and will affect my entry. Thanks for the feedback! I'll fix them when Jam is over.
About being stuck, I thought I put a note about two Unstuck switch between that door.

Mashirosakura

With my wishes frozen in time and long forgotten
Discord Mod
sorry if the mechanics aren't the same. We don't have coder, and I only have 4 weeks so everything works through Event with limit. Hoopa was intentionally because the option leads to death flag in my fanfiction. Warp tiles are meant to be put in positions players usually run through, cause I don't want things to be that easy. Also The small room with too many Pokémon, I tried to make the amount of Pokémon in all Maps of a floor the same and there are 3 maps per floors with differences. Sprite Reposition for player's side is too much to handle because I have to add every Single Pokémon to the party to check if they are good or not, that will waste quite some time and will affect my entry. Thanks for the feedback! I'll fix them when Jam is over.
About being stuck, I thought I put a note about two Unstuck switch between that door.
There's nothing that activates every direction I face, only Mew's dialogue.

Back