• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Customizable Level Caps 1.2

bloonjitsu7

Novice
I've now gotten around to deleting the save data, but after testing the level caps still don't seem to be working. Do I have to call the script from somewhere at the start of the game?

Edit: Nevermind it's working now. For some reason it only started working the second time I deleted my save data. Odd.

Last edited:

flulsten

Rookie
Hey there, running into trouble with this error:
eeRJfTl.png

I've tried on my current and previous version of my project, but keep running into it. It looks like I'm running an event before it's initializing the module, but I'm not familiar enough with Ruby/RMXP to know if that's correct or how to address it.

phantombass

Cooltrainer
Hey there, running into trouble with this error:
eeRJfTl.png

I've tried on my current and previous version of my project, but keep running into it. It looks like I'm running an event before it's initializing the module, but I'm not familiar enough with Ruby/RMXP to know if that's correct or how to address it.
Two questions. Did you delete your save file and start a new one? And if you downloaded the most recent version of this, the new command for this is now Level_Cap.update. but when you start the game you don't need to run the update script until you are ready to move it to the second level cap. The first will automatically be set when you start your new save file

flulsten

Rookie
Two questions. Did you delete your save file and start a new one? And if you downloaded the most recent version of this, the new command for this is now Level_Cap.update. but when you start the game you don't need to run the update script until you are ready to move it to the second level cap. The first will automatically be set when you start your new save file
Yep, deleted and started a new one. I did download the new one, and used level_cap_update because the comment in the script referenced it. After changing to Level_Cap.update, it now works, thanks!

Last edited:

Snolid Ice

Novice
hi i got this error when i pause (using voltseon pause menu) and i think its from this plugin due to growth_rate causing a nilclass. Idk how this happened i made a new save when i got the file, the only thing i could think of that is messing with it is the multiple save plugin, do u think that is causing an issue?

any help would be very apricated! thank you!

Ruby:
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
259:Pokemon:221:in `growth_rate'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 004_VoltseonMenu_Components.rb:118:in `block in refresh'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 004_VoltseonMenu_Components.rb:92:in `each'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 004_VoltseonMenu_Components.rb:92:in `each_with_index'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 004_VoltseonMenu_Components.rb:92:in `refresh'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:251:in `block in pbRefresh'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:251:in `each'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:251:in `pbRefresh'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:93:in `pbStartScene'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:296:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

phantombass

Cooltrainer
hi i got this error when i pause (using voltseon pause menu) and i think its from this plugin due to growth_rate causing a nilclass. Idk how this happened i made a new save when i got the file, the only thing i could think of that is messing with it is the multiple save plugin, do u think that is causing an issue?

any help would be very apricated! thank you!

Ruby:
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
259:Pokemon:221:in `growth_rate'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 004_VoltseonMenu_Components.rb:118:in `block in refresh'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 004_VoltseonMenu_Components.rb:92:in `each'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 004_VoltseonMenu_Components.rb:92:in `each_with_index'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 004_VoltseonMenu_Components.rb:92:in `refresh'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:251:in `block in pbRefresh'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:251:in `each'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:251:in `pbRefresh'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:93:in `pbStartScene'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:296:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
Yes this script isn't compatible with the multiple save plugin yet usually. But the nil referenced here has to do with a Pokémon. Its saying there's no pokemon to have a growth rate for. Now the question I have is did you delete your old save or just start a new one?

Snolid Ice

Novice
ok i think i didnt delete the save, i can access the menu now just fine sorry for bothering you

Geoswag

Novice
Hi, I've set the VOLTSEON_PAUSE_MENU_USED = true in the main script but the level caps aren't being displayed when I open the menu. Do I need to do anything with the VPM Compatibility script or is it supposed to be in the Plugin folder with the Main script?

I tried replacing the section in 004_VoltseonMnu_Components with the code from VPM Compatibility script but that just makes the menu stop showing the date and time, level caps still don't appear.

phantombass

Cooltrainer
Hi, I've set the VOLTSEON_PAUSE_MENU_USED = true in the main script but the level caps aren't being displayed when I open the menu. Do I need to do anything with the VPM Compatibility script or is it supposed to be in the Plugin folder with the Main script?

I tried replacing the section in 004_VoltseonMnu_Components with the code from VPM Compatibility script but that just makes the menu stop showing the date and time, level caps still don't appear.
You don't need to replace the scripts. Leave the compatibility one in there. But if you're not using the Voltseon Pause Menu, setting it to true will hide it from the menu.

Also if you have the level caps enabled in settings make sure they're set to On as well

Geoswag

Novice
You don't need to replace the scripts. Leave the compatibility one in there. But if you're not using the Voltseon Pause Menu, setting it to true will hide it from the menu.

Also if you have the level caps enabled in settings make sure they're set to On as well

I am using the Voltseon Pause Menu so it should be set to true, right?

The level caps are definitely enabled, I've tested in battle and using rare candies and it works as expected. Only issue is that it doesn't display the current level cap when I open Voltseon pause menu

TurtTheTurtle

Trainer
[Pokémon Essentials version 21]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
305:UI_Load:101:in `pbStartScene'
[Customizable Level Cap] Main.rb:84:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
401:Main:6:in `main'
401:Main:35:in `mainFunctionDebug'
401:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
014:Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'
401:Main:18:in `mainFunction'
401:Main:45:in `block in <main>'
401:Main:44:in `loop'
401:Main:44:in `<main>'

so anyone know how to fix this, ive honestly never gotten an error like this on anything before

AlmAchAndAlee

Novice
Hi Phantombass!

I really love this plugin. Now I'm upgrading to v21 and I really need this plugin in my life.

It would be amazing if you could update it to v21.

Thank you already :)

AlmAchAndAlee

Novice
[Pokémon Essentials version 21]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
305:UI_Load:101:in `pbStartScene'
[Customizable Level Cap] Main.rb:84:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
401:Main:6:in `main'
401:Main:35:in `mainFunctionDebug'
401:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
014:Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'
401:Main:18:in `mainFunction'
401:Main:45:in `block in <main>'
401:Main:44:in `loop'
401:Main:44:in `<main>'

so anyone know how to fix this, ive honestly never gotten an error like this on anything before
You are using v21 but it's a plugin of v20.1

Treycer

Rookie
Hey guys I need help I'm kinda confused from reading the main script, I'm using v20.1 and I just got the latest version of the level caps previously I had "$game_system.level_cap = x" which is what the old script used but that doesn't seem to work anymore so what do I do and how do I update the level cap say after beating each gym leader

phantombass

Cooltrainer
Hey guys I need help I'm kinda confused from reading the main script, I'm using v20.1 and I just got the latest version of the level caps previously I had "$game_system.level_cap = x" which is what the old script used but that doesn't seem to work anymore so what do I do and how do I update the level cap say after beating each gym leader
All you need to do is run "Level_Cap.update"

Back