• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Customizable Level Caps 1.2

phantombass

Cooltrainer
phantombass updated Customizable Level Caps with a new update entry:

Thank you guys for your patience!

This update fixes a couple bugs. Now, if you are NOT using the Voltseon Pause Menu, simply set the VOLTSEON_PAUSE_MENU_USED variable to false and either delete the VPM Compatibility file, or change it to a .txt file. This should prevent any crashes related to the UI.

This also provides a new method for resetting the level cap if you start a new game. No need to delete your save file anymore.

Read the rest of this update entry...

CrimsonTy

Just some guy
Does this Level Cap intend on stopping Level Cap increases of EXP as well? I have it set to 18 and while the Rare Candies don't go over, level up normally does

phantombass

Cooltrainer
Does this Level Cap intend on stopping Level Cap increases of EXP as well? I have it set to 18 and while the Rare Candies don't go over, level up normally does
You probably have a script that overwrites one of the methods this one overwrites. I'd check for that. In particular, check for something using pbGainExpOne

CrimsonTy

Just some guy
You probably have a script that overwrites one of the methods this one overwrites. I'd check for that. In particular, check for something using pbGainExpOne
There are 3 pbGainExpOne in Battle_ExpAndMoveLearning on lines 39, 50, and 92
Not sure which one would affect this

CrimsonTy

Just some guy
Do you have any plugins that have that or is it just in the main scripts?
Generation 9 Script has it in New_Evolution_Method

New_Evolution_Method:
Expand Collapse Copy
class Battle
  alias tandemaus_pbGainExpOne pbGainExpOne
  def pbGainExpOne(idxParty, defeatedBattler, numPartic, expShare, expAll, showMessages = true)
    pkmn = pbParty(0)[idxParty]   # The Pokémon gaining Exp from defeatedBattler
    isPartic = defeatedBattler.participants.include?(idxParty)
    oldlevel = pkmn.level
    tandemaus_pbGainExpOne(idxParty, defeatedBattler, numPartic, expShare, expAll, showMessages)
    if pkmn.level > oldlevel && isPartic
      $game_temp.party_levelUpAndPartic[idxParty] = true
    end
  end
end

sorryjzargo

Novice
With the new update, if I don't have the level cap show up in the option menu, the level cap doesn't work at all, and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if the plugin is just broken.

I also don't understand what the egg tutor option does

phantombass

Cooltrainer
Generation 9 Script has it in New_Evolution_Method

New_Evolution_Method:
Expand Collapse Copy
class Battle
  alias tandemaus_pbGainExpOne pbGainExpOne
  def pbGainExpOne(idxParty, defeatedBattler, numPartic, expShare, expAll, showMessages = true)
    pkmn = pbParty(0)[idxParty]   # The Pokémon gaining Exp from defeatedBattler
    isPartic = defeatedBattler.participants.include?(idxParty)
    oldlevel = pkmn.level
    tandemaus_pbGainExpOne(idxParty, defeatedBattler, numPartic, expShare, expAll, showMessages)
    if pkmn.level > oldlevel && isPartic
      $game_temp.party_levelUpAndPartic[idxParty] = true
    end
  end
end
Ah yeah that'd be the issue. I'll need to figure out how to write this to be compatible with that plugin

phantombass

Cooltrainer
With the new update, if I don't have the level cap show up in the option menu, the level cap doesn't work at all, and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if the plugin is just broken.

I also don't understand what the egg tutor option does
I'm not sure what you mean. This level cap script doesn't have anything involving an egg tutor. And did you start a new save when you added this plugin?

sorryjzargo

Novice
level cap.png

what's the egg tutor option then?

sorryjzargo

Novice
Ignoring that, I still can't get this plugin to work, no matter what I do to the settings. The only thing I've got to work is setting LEVEL_CAP_IN_OPTIONS = true but I don't want the level cap to be optional in my game. I found a workaround by disabling the off switch in the settings, but that's sloppy and requires the player to open the options menu first before the level caps apply.

phantombass

Cooltrainer
Ignoring that, I still can't get this plugin to work, no matter what I do to the settings. The only thing I've got to work is setting LEVEL_CAP_IN_OPTIONS = true but I don't want the level cap to be optional in my game. I found a workaround by disabling the off switch in the settings, but that's sloppy and requires the player to open the options menu first before the level caps apply.
To prevent level caps from being optional, set that to false. Also did you start a new save after adding the plugin? And did you compile after you added it?

sorryjzargo

Novice
To prevent level caps from being optional, set that to false. Also did you start a new save after adding the plugin? And did you compile after you added it?
I'm sorry, I realized I had an event that I think was messing with the settings, adjusting that made everything work perfectly, sorry for the confusion!

Pegiii

Rookie
Hey I get this Message trying out this plugin, on the right side you see my other plugins in my project i tried to remove the vpm comp plugin but the same error happens, what can i do to fix it?

cc7d95711621a9a163e08aee5ee6c7b9.png

- Pegiii

phantombass

Cooltrainer
Hey I get this Message trying out this plugin, on the right side you see my other plugins in my project i tried to remove the vpm comp plugin but the same error happens, what can i do to fix it?

- Pegiii
If you have the voltseon pause menu you need to keep the compatibility script. And even if you aren't, you need to make sure the scripts are compiling. Hold shift as you start the game up to compile the scripts

phantombass

Cooltrainer

- Pegiii
You also need to start a new save

Pegiii

Rookie
The Plugins are compiled and the compatibility script is also in the plugin folder thats why i get the crashes in the first place because of line 31 of the customizable level cap. and i use a new save every time..

But because i want to use it i deleted it and put it back in with both times full compiling and now this happened with a new file. It happens everytime when i open up the menu. Im confused because i did the exact same with installing and compiling befor with the different error with the same plugins and now i get this:
02ab0f9c67cfbf4366d032da4736dbd6.png

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `pbHideLevelCap' for #<VoltseonsPauseMenu_Scene>

Backtrace:
[Customizable Level Cap] Main.rb:219:in `pbHideLevelCap'
[Customizable Level Cap] Main.rb:235:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:298:in `call_menu'
032:Scene_Map:203:in `update'
[v20.1 Hotfixes] Overworld bug fixes.rb:28:in `block in main'
[v20.1 Hotfixes] Overworld bug fixes.rb:25:in `loop'
[v20.1 Hotfixes] Overworld bug fixes.rb:25:in `main'
386:Main:35:in `mainFunctionDebug'
386:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
014:Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'

-Pegiii

phantombass

Cooltrainer
The Plugins are compiled and the compatibility script is also in the plugin folder thats why i get the crashes in the first place because of line 31 of the customizable level cap. and i use a new save every time..

But because i want to use it i deleted it and put it back in with both times full compiling and now this happened with a new file. It happens everytime when i open up the menu. Im confused because i did the exact same with installing and compiling befor with the different error with the same plugins and now i get this:
02ab0f9c67cfbf4366d032da4736dbd6.png

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `pbHideLevelCap' for #<VoltseonsPauseMenu_Scene>

Backtrace:
[Customizable Level Cap] Main.rb:219:in `pbHideLevelCap'
[Customizable Level Cap] Main.rb:235:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:298:in `call_menu'
032:Scene_Map:203:in `update'
[v20.1 Hotfixes] Overworld bug fixes.rb:28:in `block in main'
[v20.1 Hotfixes] Overworld bug fixes.rb:25:in `loop'
[v20.1 Hotfixes] Overworld bug fixes.rb:25:in `main'
386:Main:35:in `mainFunctionDebug'
386:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
014:Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'

-Pegiii
You need to go into the settings in the main Level cap script and set VOLTSEON_PAUSE_MENU_USED to true

Pegiii

Rookie
Yea I did that and then I got the first error after setting the option to true idk why

- Pegiii

Back