• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Customizable Level Caps 1.2

RidgeBoy

Novice
I did read this part. I was aware there would be a slow down of the experience and I'm actually ok with this feature.

I didn't make this clear in my original message but I was just saying what I had tested, because I meant I tested the full range of your code including the actual level experience and then the slowdown of the experience and was just affirming that it all worked.
Oh! Okay awesome! Thanks for that feedback. Glad to hear we were finally able to get it working! Good luck on your game!

Jos_Louis

Developer of Pokemon Soulstones
Hi phantombass,

Is there any chance of you making alternate versions of this code that do not fiddle with the UI for devs like myself that make use of Voltseon's pause menu? I'd like to use the v1.0.11 version of the code that prevents rare candy use in excess of the level cap, but I know there's been a standing conflict with Voltseon's pause menu users because of the UI conflicts.

RidgeBoy had made a copy of your code without the UI elements in it so just wondering if you're willing to support this alternate version too?

RidgeBoy

Novice
Hi phantombass,

Is there any chance of you making alternate versions of this code that do not fiddle with the UI for devs like myself that make use of Voltseon's pause menu? I'd like to use the v1.0.11 version of the code that prevents rare candy use in excess of the level cap, but I know there's been a standing conflict with Voltseon's pause menu users because of the UI conflicts.

RidgeBoy had made a copy of your code without the UI elements in it so just wondering if you're willing to support this alternate version too?
All I did was delete all the UI code.

Anything code that was in a CLASS ui-something in the plugin's script.rb, I just removed. problem solved.

Jos_Louis

Developer of Pokemon Soulstones
Ok, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong now. I downloaded the v1.0.11. I put in the LEVEL_CAP array my levels.

1666469016174.png

I started a new game and deleted PluginScripts.rxdata just to force a re-compile.

Then in my intro script I set the following:
1666469042353.png

I then set my mon to 15 and it still gains experience.

I thought maybe I don't need to set it right away and it defaults to 15, but I set my mon to 20, and it still gains experience.

I also followed RidgeBoy's advice to disable the class PokemonPauseMenu_Scene and class PokemonPauseMenu because I have Voltseon's Pause Menu installed (row 60 - 193ish... lines may be a bit different from the base script because of me adding =begin and end).
unknown.png

unknown.png

I also commented out the piece on the end around adding the level cap as a menu option:
1666470494689.png

I'm not sure what else I need to do here? Help please?

Last edited:

phantombass

Cooltrainer
phantombass updated Customizable Level Caps with a new update entry:

Apologies to everyone for the wait on an update. We have some good fixes added in!

As a note, PLEASE START A NEW SAVE! This new update rewrites a lot of the script and removes some of the old script to bring a lot more compatibility.

Changelog:
-Compatibility with the Voltseon Pause Menu has been added! Simply change the VOLTSEON_PAUSE_MENU_USED script to true if you are using it! This also can be used to remove the Level Cap Textbox from the UI if you wish.

-Fixes the issue where...

Read the rest of this update entry...

pokepoke1

Novice
Before all, sorry for my bad english. I hope you cand understand me

Hello, i have a problem. Everything works fine but when i select ''Rare Candy'' To lvl up, it only cap level if i use 1 by 1, for example:

Game ask ''How many rare candys want to use?'' If i use 40, the pokemon get 40 lvl even if the cap was lvl15.
If the pokemon is lvl 14 and i use only 1 rare candy, then he becomes lvl 15 and everything right, wont to lvl up more if i try to give candys.

The problem is when you choose more candys. What can i do?

PauloJugoslavia

Novice
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: TypeError

Backtrace:
[Customizable Level Cap] Script.rb:193:in `pbGainExpOne'
149:Battle_ExpAndMoveLearning:39:in `block (2 levels) in pbGainExp'
147:Battle:411:in `block in eachInTeam'
147:Battle:411:in `each'
147:Battle:411:in `each_with_index'
147:Battle:411:in `eachInTeam'
149:Battle_ExpAndMoveLearning:35:in `block in pbGainExp'
149:Battle_ExpAndMoveLearning:13:in `each'
149:Battle_ExpAndMoveLearning:13:in `pbGainExp'
166:Battler_UseMove:520:in `pbUseMove'

Is anybody else getting an error like this?
I get the same thing when giving a rare candy to a mon, but that seems to happen because I have the Bag Screen with interactable Party plugin as well

Astefia

Cooltrainer
Is the conflict with Voltseon's Pause Manu fixed?
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `pbHideLevelCap' for #<VoltseonsPauseMenu_Scene>

Backtrace:
[Customizable Level Cap] Script.rb:132:in `pbHideLevelCap'
[Customizable Level Cap] Script.rb:148:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:298:in `call_menu'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:128:in `call_menu'
032:Scene_Map:203:in `update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:165:in `update'
[v20.1 Hotfixes] Overworld bug fixes.rb:28:in `block in main'
[v20.1 Hotfixes] Overworld bug fixes.rb:25:in `loop'
[v20.1 Hotfixes] Overworld bug fixes.rb:25:in `main'
388:Main:35:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Mudkipmaster2000

Rookie
any idea how to fix this?
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: SystemStackError

Backtrace:
[Customizable Level Cap] Script.rb:24:in `initialize'

CelestialFearow

Venipede User
You need to start out by deleting the save file. After that it should act properly when you start a new game
I already did this, but despite the fact that I have already did that... When you start a new game, and then I call the script command. The game never resets the cap automatically when you start a new game agin. And players will never think to go to the folder where the save file is to delete it...

Last edited:

phantombass

Cooltrainer
I already did this, but despite the fact that I have already did that... When you start a new game, and then I call the script command. The game never resets the cap automatically when you start a new game agin. And players will never think to go to the folder where the save file is to delete it...
You don't need to call the script command at the start of the game. The level cap automatically resets to the first one when you click new game. Remove the script command and it'll be where you want it. The command is just for updating the level cap, not starting it

Back