• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Weather Trials

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
splash.png

Demo 1.1 Release

Welcome to the Swirling Island Festival! A yearly celebration to remember the legends of the three mountains, and the guardians who protect them. But the festival is interrupted by vicious weather, and your father suspects foul play. The shrine in the middle of Swirling Lake has been desecrated, and it’s up to you to tell the guardians of the mountains and find out why.

Features:
Three mountains to climb and challenge — Only the first is available in this demo
Brand new items based on berries — Not fully implemented in this demo
Catch Pokémon with Apricorn balls, including four custom Poké Balls:
Guardians Blanche, Spark, and Candela — Only Blanche is implemented in this demo
Includes over 170 Pokémon from all generations, including Gen 6 and 7 — Only ~85 available in demo
Adjusted a few evolutions to better suit gameplay — Changes down below
No HMs! Just regular old gameplay.
Condensed list of 50 TMs — Not all are available in demo
Tweaked the movepools of all Pokémon to better reflect level curve and fulfill evolution requirements.
Screenshots:
N5dk-nQ1VJbyJLBokwTaLKBT5HyN4W8tC8AucMj8NuyXrckv3_pGB08MJoZPLFvsI4xx2OBdkalt04-DXEH3XC_sHOZMuFodnJWPNQXwNapNwVs2KygxXNmr3Vz551vnNXhT4JPC

dKMsj_SNBQPIGir5edcstM9i5d5pvRsjBO98rBMEN8KuP9GMf1P7gkPICK8E9vuwPsvHLA3ZUL7PG5pTeggbUHw_UgNBzG7vCl-WRmwSrBcDWB-yAuoCOBosun0jFdUDFR_NK9wd

AGkL_yf9FkZz1VzV-sZPZjR4c6O_Nx4NkYDjt47Y1PxLppvIlDO6GNOO7grsVWM5Q4pZwIWpkd45wtrP3KxnuyLqWYl7dwAWKW5R_CkEiqxYR6FDIVhhDswvgYITYd-t9dyVWUAg

vkotpIAH-pTe_zD02FObEF1W9V3UWHRZ1kta0xbpdYEp2Zsey4Wjyrlv0ZPXNjSxlCExm5UZ97DUaAgWWNHI5YlL8DCHNaaEHM4pRD1GASpLaFdjfXRSgpuxhAGV-duaWlS_m2de

n1ndVQ2yrCcZTfLGBhj1hd0y3XuStkC6lJdBm6xP0uf-yoQ0At8jI5EZ0LWVWkCr00e8hr5vkWXGUjBNZZ1R8nvhY5MfjZpwis2tIpE5xFnn1tiGfJba7bYWHxlkPuZnQCqP9mCY

s-Jq_Fwp-VoiYrKRqs3F2Hkoj8Km0FJLQiGoFBewNu4B87rpagNhPmpN3OjuCbo4mf-5IY3MY_1i6OvOvdebaKqw8KvzbaEFYbDd8nU79FmFDDkgb3ldeoY8v6QfnEQLuDcfU7ZT

Download 1.0:
https://mega.nz/#!wHR1iQzJ!AdqbIZg7ckzu39S7S_FjZ3Nzj7K_KOiGAyGFiWS-3xE
Download 1.1—Latest Version
https://mega.nz/#!0L5C1LgZ!ds3R1bpOaFLTaorrxiav8rpfSGWJf_VyJQZBbgY6_P4

Pokémon in italics are unavailable in the demo
Seadra->Kingdra, Feebas->Milotic, and Dusclops->Dusknoir, now evolve while holding their respective evolution items either at day or at night
Eevee now exclusively evolves by evolutionary stones.
Espeon: Sun
Umbreon: Moon
Leafeon: Leaf
Glaceon: Ice
Sylveon: Shiny
Graveler->Golem and Charjabug->Vikavolt both evolve by Thunder Stone
Boldore->Gigalith now evolves by knowing Ancient Power
Pancham->Pangoro now evolves when leveled up past level 32 at night

Resource Pack:
Here’s the link to my resource pack. Any modifications to the tilesets are mine, but as most of them are more cosmetic, I do not need credit for it. But the overworlds for Blanche and Spark (and Candela, once I get her done) are mine, and need credit. Same with the boat sprite.

Maruno, Flameguru, Poccil, and many other small contributors: Pokémon Essentials
Gamefreak, Nintendo, and the Pokémon Company
Thundaga: Tutorials and Inspiration
Rayquaza.: Lava tiles
L0rdph0enix: LavaAmethyst, Jan, Zumi, Bazaro, Koyo, and Smeargletail: Sun/Moon Battler Sprites
Leparagon: Blanche, Spark, and Candela Battler sprites
Smogon X/Y Sprite Project: Gen 6 Battler Sprites
princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, and Sparta: Gen 6 overworld sprites
Amethyst, Jan, Zumi, Bazaro, Koyo, Smeargletail, Alex, Noscium, Lepagon, N-kin, fishbowlsoul90, princess-phoenix, DatLopunnyTho, Conyjams ,kaji atsu, The cynical poet, LuigiPlayer, Falgaia of the Smogon S/M sprite project, Pikafan2000, Lord-Myre: Gen 7 Battler sprites
Rhyden, Random Talking Bush: Gen 7 Cries
Heartlessdragoon: Emerald Tileset
Kyomotonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5,Pokegirl4ever, Fernandoji, Silver-Skie, Kid1513, TyranitarDark,Getsuei-H,Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawloid, SyleDude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu: Gen 5 Overworlds

Last edited:

Hematite

Trainer
Hello!

I only just saw this now (like... RIGHT now, like I just finished reading the thread, haha), so I haven't gotten to play it yet and don't have any feedback to offer until I do, but there's one thing I noticed in the post itself that I thought I should point out:

"Boldore->Gigalith now evolves by knowing Ancient Power"

I'm not sure if you've also changed the moves Pokémon can learn, but since you didn't mention that in features while you did mention the evolution changes, I figured I should mention this: Boldore actually can't learn Ancient Power! If you haven't changed its learnset to accommodate for this, you might want to consider changing that to something else.

(Sorry to make such a small post and not offer any real feedback about your game! But this looks really cool so far and I definitely want to play it at some point!! Just figured this should be pointed out as soon as I noticed it, haha.)

Kaleidophoenix

Novice
Hello!

I only just saw this now (like... RIGHT now, like I just finished reading the thread, haha), so I haven't gotten to play it yet and don't have any feedback to offer until I do, but there's one thing I noticed in the post itself that I thought I should point out:

"Boldore->Gigalith now evolves by knowing Ancient Power"

I'm not sure if you've also changed the moves Pokémon can learn, but since you didn't mention that in features while you did mention the evolution changes, I figured I should mention this: Boldore actually can't learn Ancient Power! If you haven't changed its learnset to accommodate for this, you might want to consider changing that to something else.

(Sorry to make such a small post and not offer any real feedback about your game! But this looks really cool so far and I definitely want to play it at some point!! Just figured this should be pointed out as soon as I noticed it, haha.)
Yes, I did tweak Boldore's moveset so it now learns Ancient Power. Level 49, I think. I also tweaked the movepool of other Pokémon to better reflect the game's level curve. Adding to the OP.

Kaleidophoenix

Novice
Pokémon Weather Trials Demo 1.1
splash.png

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!0L5C1LgZ!ds3R1bpOaFLTaorrxiav8rpfSGWJf_VyJQZBbgY6_P4

Bug fixes:
Removed NPC that caused game crash.
Fixed minor mapping errors
Fixed door errors
Minor edits to cutscenes
Fixed healing point in village
Fixed Floatcham and other sprite position errors
Fixed evolution error on Roggenrola->Boldore from Level 35 to Level 25; changed Ancient Power learn level to 38
Added intro music
Fixed Icy Forest music error
Other minor quality edits

Back