• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Equinox

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
gDYsmaL.png

Intro:

Pokémon Equinox is a short adventure where you play as a local firefighter with a virtuous opportunity. Explore a colorful world with a roughly hour long complete story featuring various Pokémon from different generations.

Game Screenshots:
9Qr88Cp.png
ku08rEU.png
EO9uo7g.png
xVrtSOH.png
Ysua9Zq.png
EN3YY9x.png

Game Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qydihx69tis44kv/Pokémon_Equinox.zip

Made Using:
RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials v16.2

Team:
mrw200

Notes:
Like most game jam entries there are some things I would have liked to have included, but time restraints dictated otherwise. It is appreciated if you post any bugs you find and I'll try my best to squash them out. Also, this game is geared towards experienced players so if you're more of a casual player just know that there are some difficult battles. Otherwise I hope you enjoy my first released game and constructive criticism is appreciated. Thank you!

Resource Pack:
Download here

Credits:

Elite Battle System
by Luka S.J.
dragonnite BadSamaritan
Tebited15 redblueyellow
Eli Pokecheck.org

Ultimate Title Screens
by Luka S.J.
Mario Gamer YoshiCLONE

Smart Downloader
Luka S.J. Berka

Neo PauseMenu
Luka S.J.

Developed by mrw200

Outside tiles
Magiscarf

Indoor tiles
PureAzuure

XY Trainer Sprites
Nephae

Intro Pictures
carchagui

XY sprites
Smogon XY Sprite Project

SM sprites
Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project

Other Animated Sprites
AyanoCloud Diegotoon20
ekurepu N-Kin
SelenaFF Snivy101
mrw200

BW Characters sprites
Pokemon Essentials BW V3.1.1
(KleinStudio)

BW styled XY characters
mrw200

Xerneas Tree Overworld
TintjeMadelintje101

Xerneas Overworld
lydario

Summary Screens
Akizakura16?

Other sprites
Spriters Resource

Reorchestrated Music
HappyDragonite

Battle! Wild Pokémon XY
Dr. Pez

Battle! Trainer Pokémon XY
Super Smash Bros. 3DS

XY Legendary Battle Remix
GlitchxCity

XY & BW Extended Music
BrawlBRSTMs3 X

KleinStudio Scripts:
Always on bush
In-field animation fix
Map Connection Overlap
Debug Speed up

shiney570 Scripts:
BW2 Location Window Script
Pokemon Save Screen

Alternative Party Menu
Kyu

Project: Generation 6
Project Organization
WorldSlayer
Pokemon Sprites
sicns
Evolemon

Item Icons/various sprite work
Serbii
TheDeKay
Radical Raptr

Pokémon Icons
Pikachumazzinga

PBS file editing
karstictrainer
WorldSlayer
TheDeKay
viperk1
SunakazeKun
Radical Raptr
RPD490
Takyon!
Pokegod7020

Scripting
mej71
~JV~
TheDeKay
Maruno
XmarkXalanX
Ratty524
joeyhugg
Nickalooose
Lucidious89
AmethystRain
AlexTCGPro
Destiny
baaabuuu
trueegee
woobowiz
Saving Raven
DL Kurosh
p.claydon
dragonnite
Research
Drakath569
Florio
MrDeepDarkMind
snooper117

Gen 7 cries
Random Talking Bush
Rhyden

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
With contributions from:
Boushy MiDas Mike
Brother1440 Near Fantastica
FL. PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami Popper
Harshboy Rataime
help-14 SoundSpawn
IceGod64 the__end
Jacob O. Wobbrock Venom12
KitsuneKouta Wachunga
Lisa Anthony xLeD
and everyone else who helped out

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain
Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak
This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Trio Challenge:
Major plot spoilers ahead you have been warned.
Seriously, I'd appreciate it if you finished the game before reading this.
If not obvious from playing the game, the trio challenge is incorporated by having the player experience how life was before the fire. First, they are shown the state of the most affected town before the blaze. Next, they are shown a family who was also damaged by the inferno. Lastly, the player is shown a reunion that could never be because of the fire (Yes, I know that this one doesn't seem to be in the past but it totally is).

Last edited:

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
Windows Smart Screen and AVG didn't like it either, just ignore them. I'd suggest just zipping the required files together with the Game.exe and setting it free, skips the extraction step anyway. (I'll sit down to play past the intro tomorrow when I do nothing but play Jam games :P )

Presley

Fastest Man Alive
I just played through Equinox last night and boy, this was a really beautifully crafted game. I can tell that you put a lot of time and effort into this project and it really turned out well. Can't wait to see more from you in the future!

Zebra

Rookie
If I start the game it's just black and I had to press enter to even realize that it's started.I never saw the the start menue, I just pressed enter and after that I get the intro text.
And I get this error afterwards:
x6LuK.png

mrw200

Rookie
If I start the game it's just black and I had to press enter to even realize that it's started.I never saw the the start menue, I just pressed enter and after that I get the intro text.
And I get this error afterwards:
x6LuK.png
You need to put the audio and graphics folders into the same folder as the game.exe.

I just played through Equinox last night and boy, this was a really beautifully crafted game. I can tell that you put a lot of time and effort into this project and it really turned out well. Can't wait to see more from you in the future!
Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed the game! I do plan on making more games in the future, Pokémon or not, and I hope to put even more effort into those.------------------------Just an FYI I've changed the download so you don't have to go through the trouble of running the extra executable. Hopefully this fixes any false positives from antivirus software that BlueRoseRaquaza was talking about.

katrina48

Novice
how do i get past the lady at the monthis farm i battle lady at farm i cant go anywhere else she wont move thanks

katrina48

Novice
i got past to farmer i bet guy standing outside house after better guy i cant move anywhere it like it freeze up thanks

Back