• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Battle Island

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Welcome to BATTLE ISLAND!
BATTLE ISLAND is all about fighting!

You are a young trainer who lives nearby the Unova region who is really excited to start battling! This allows you to experience the opportunity of battling in ways not seem much in previous games, so what are you waiting for? Go start battling!

Summary

Explore a new Island!
13zzdyh.png

Meet Areco!
meet_Areco.png

Select a team!
team_Selecton.png

Fight your way through the floors of the Battle Tower!
battle_Tower.png

Can you manage to master all battle styles?
lvl5battle.png

inverse_Battle.png

rotation_Battle.png

3ko_Battle.png

double_Battle.png

Collect all the medals at Battle Dojo!
battle_Dojo.png

Buy Pokéballs to reinforce your team!
buy_Pokeball.png

Strengthen your Pokémon with smoothies!
smooties.png

Features

• Rotation Battle, Inverse Battle and more!
  • Find out about Areco and his smoothie shop!
  • New system to obtain Pokémon!
  • Fight yourself to the top of Battle Tower!
  • Get all the gold medals at Battle Dojo!

Credits

Team:
  • Electiwirez:
    • Music
  • Taquilla:
    • Sprite Art
    • Character Concept
    • Story
  • leilou
    • Scripts
    • Editing Pictures

Based on Pokémon Essentials.
Pokémon Essentials is a game project made in RPG Maker XP that lets people make Pokémon-style games. It was created by Poccil, who based it on Flameguru's Pokémon Starter Kit. As of 10th July 2011, it is managed and updated by Maruno.

Graphics other than Pokémon Essentials:

Credit for franchise goes to Nintendo, Game Freak and The Pokémon Company
Please support them by buying the official Pokémon games.

Ressources

Here the link for the Battle Island Ressource Pack!
[btn=moda]Ressource Pack[/btn]
Here the link to the Rotation Battle script will be coming once I finished it!

Here the link to the random Pokémon script will be coming once I finished it!

If you want any other scripts used for the Jam or know how we did some things just ask in the comments.

Download

DOWNLOAD
Thanks for downloading!
We hope you'll enjoy the game!

Planned Changes

This is a list of all changes we are planning to do. This list contains lots of points we got out of your feedback. We would appreciate further feedback and suggestions.
  • graphical overhaul​
  • make lvl 5 battle unevolved Pokémon​
  • instant rewards for Battle Dojo​
  • either add proper events or remove them in Battle Dojo​
  • add tutorial for Battle Dojo​
  • improve intuitive gameplay​
  • add more dialoges and names for trainers​
  • various gameplay improvements​

If you play this game we would love you to comment any feedback you got. Also if you're a content creator share a link to the video or announce when you will be streaming our game in the comments. We'll be looking forward to it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Taq

Sandwich Master
Hey there, been playing a few floors and this has been a fun experience. Though it's purely battles they all tend to be a little challenging as you're always on the same level as the enemy. I like how you receive Pokémon after battling and all the different modes of battling are nice, rotation battles are especially different. I guess the main issue I have is how little control you get, the only thing you can really do to get stronger is to get more Pokémon and hope you're lucky. It'd be cool if there was ways to obtain new moves as well, either the ability to buy TMs or access to a move tutor. Perhaps as you go up the tower, the battle backgrounds could change from the default one, there's a couple small aesthetic changes like that which could be made though of course they're not necessary.There's no story in this game, but I feel like it'd be possible to add one if you wanted, just a light one so progression really feels like progression. Still, this game is very different from most essentials projects, and delivers exactly what it claims to. A very nice project!

Don't worry, we plan to modify the art to be one style in the future.

As for the story, there isn't really one but if you want to understand the environment a bit, you could talk to Areco because there's some info on the location.
We plan to maybe have some what close to a story later though.

Bean

Green Bean
I found some glitches (i dont know if its intended) where some moves are randomly super effective and non effective. I flamethrowered an Articuno and it was not very effective and they used strength and it was super effective.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm so slow. It was the inverse floor. Sorry!

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
This is a list of all changes we are planning to do. This list contains lots of points we got out of your feedback. We would appreciate further feedback and suggestions.
  • graphical overhaul
  • make lvl 5 battle unevolved Pokémon
  • instant rewards for Battle Dojo
  • either add proper events or remove them in Battle Dojo
  • add tutorial for Battle Dojo
  • improve intuitive gameplay
  • add more dialoges and names for trainers
  • various gameplay improvements
Don't expect this update anytime soon since our whole team is working on another project as our main project.

Back