• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

April Fools New Exclusive Resource: Custom Black out Animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
You blacked out! You dropped $25 and returned to the Pokémon Center! It's a classic of each Pokémon title and it's a part of Pokémon Essentials. But what if you could spruce it up with a fancy graphic or textbox?

Introducing Relic Castle's next community created resource, Custom Black out Animations!

J7tSMke.gif

There are numerous other templates being added to the resource. Here are some examples, compiled by Otter and me:
tFcyrUQ.png
CNn5GOh.png

NmXO6D0.png
sk2BeZH.png

6R1nU6k.png
j5w0afv.png

opBZHJM.png
tXLOYZh.png

XNlEFi1.gif
GDSKRas.png

TDqM19v.png
JeB4etM.png

LYgKOrZ.png
S8gXIvP.png

v27aYsF.png
7yj1CO6.png

BAQJe3C.png
1okIRvt.png
Want something more? How about custom animations for when you win a battle? Despite the unfortunate name we'll also be including victory animations in the pack:
8nq2SIY.png
LZQHPov.png

DO9FJ5I.png
DFb1Jqh.png

PpgY2Oa.png
QbziutM.png

The possibilities are endless with this resource we are putting together. However...

This is an exclusive resource, and as such, will only be available today, the first of April! Quickly reply below with a couple sentences describing how you'd use this resource to make the perfect fan game and you'll receive this exclusive offer!

Last edited:

Foxowl

Professional Procrastinator/Idiot
Discord Mod
Finally... this is exactly what I've been waiting for my entire life. When I exited the womb all those years ago, there was one thought and one thought only in my mind: how will my players know they have lost?

With this resource, the pinnacle of human creation throughout centuries of innovation, I finally have an answer to that question.

I will be making Pokémon Desperation, a game designed to punish the player in as many ways as possible. Without suffering, there is no joy in life, so clearly, in order to give my players the best experiences of their lives, I will have to break them. I will have to push them to their limits. I'm talking 1v12 battles, OHKO moves, i-frame dodge rolls, forced losses, those fucking birds from Elden Ring. Everyone is here to make you suffer. And when the player eventually gives in, crushed by their defeat, they will know they have lost, because "You are Dead" will appear. "You Died" will appear. The player has mailed their fission.

And that's just where the game starts...

Please look forward to it :)

Jelo

Some No Name
There are few constants in life.

When we're happy, we smile. When we're sad, we cry. When we're hungry, we want to eat. When we strive, we need to strive hard.
We gotta push the drive. We gotta push the power. We need to stay hungry and devour. We need to put in the work and all of the hours so that we can take what's ours. We gotta stretch for our dreams. We gotta work it harder, make it better, do it faster so that it makes us stronger. But for all of this to happen, we need a spark. A light that will inspire us to continue pushing forward and never looking back. And with this I say, these custom black-out animations will be my spark. Now I present to you, my own custom black-out screen.
1648789137834.png

god i spent way too much time on this

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
What about "Peace and Tranquility" Mode, where when you die, you pay pons... I'm sorry, I mean PokeDollers to start the fight over and make it easier...
Similar to A Hat in Time's "Death Wish"!
UnderstatedDistantCusimanse-size_restricted.gif

doof

banished doof
As someone who blacks out constantly, it was always a little bit disappointing and even sometimes just embarrassing to have the exact same blackout scenes as everyone else. But now with these new and improved and very original animations, I can now fail in style!

I think these animations will be a perfect fit for Perfect Jam 2, which releases later today.

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
For the many games I've played and made, I had always found the black-out screens boring, unimaginative, and not interesting. So, I think having an impostor kill you at the end of a match is an amazing way to spruce up the game over screen, and will definitely make the player want to keep losing over and over, which I would love since they would then play the game longer! I also love the Minecraft You Died one, so it will definitely be hard to choose between the two. I would use this resource to make the perfect UNENDING Pokemon fan game by making the players not want to end, but keep playing over and over offering their souls to me as I gain the power to one day escape the digital world and finally take my revenge against the-- oh I probably shouldn't spoil all the hidden lore in the game, whoopsies. Though I do hope that I can get this resource to make the perfect unending Pokemon fan game.

Some people say that video games are a form of art... I argue otherwise...

Until today videos games have been a mere attempt at art, but none have actually achieved it. But with this exclusive resource I can now see it, the perfect fan game.

It took me all this time to realise, but it always had to do with the black out animations. When we open our eyes, we see something. And in that moment, that something is our whole world, it is all we perceive. When we close our eyes, to sleep, or in this case, to pass out, we see nothing. In that moment the world is empty. It is an empty void waiting to be filled. Which is exactly what this resource does, it lets us fill the void and CREATE a world, OUR world.

It can be ANYTHING we want, that is what this resource let's us do, now when we close our eyes, the world doesn't end, but instead OUR NEW BEAUTIFUL WORLD, ONLY LIMITED BY OUR IMAGINATION BEGINS. AND THUS BEGINS ART. BECAUSE WHAT IS ART OTHER THAN THE PURE EXPRESSION OF OUR MINDS. LET US SHOW THE WORLD WHAT WE CAN PERCIEVE. FANGAMES HAVE CHANGED FOREVER. FANGAMES ARE THE WORLD

Umm... But yes... This seems like a very valuable resource. I would like a blackout screen that shows a picture of a cute Mudkip please.

Ott

My crown is made from the Yellow Pages
But of course, how could I ever pass down such a marvellous resource?! The true pinnacle of customisation, of self-expression, a message to the world about how death fainting is represented to you! To some, an Italian man falling off-screen. To others, a young kid lost and abandoned to their demise in a basement. To a select few, perhaps after a battle in a galaxy far far away. To me, however, I mail my fissions. That is the true weapon to surpass fan games.

ImZero

Just a Number
Honestly this is just fantastic, and shocked that it hasn't been done before!

I imagine using the resource with utmost brain power, creating a fine work of art, yet, complex and sophisticated at the same time. Crafting what's only ever been told in legends and stories before...…..The Perfect Fangame.

Me: the perfect fangame doesn't exist...
The Perfect Fangame:

shrek-oh-hello-there.gif

Monika~♡

Dev for Pokemon Elysium and Freelance Artist
Finally something to inspire me to create a fangame! I'd use this exclusive one of a kind community resource to create a game supporting all pokemon, every canon region, all with the style of dark souls, fully rendered in dark souls style, except for battles, it would be truly the peak of pokemon game design and creation... it would be like the dark souls of battling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back