• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Acceptance

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Pokemon Acceptance

Awards:
HeroVoltsy's top 10 fan games of 2021! We came in at #3!

Talk to wild Pokemon, unleash fake megas and save the PokePark in this completed story-driven adventure!
BmVdgPu.png
vf7lKHY.png
cKR5O0a.png

Z1Qc33E.png
aAfkKGv.png
mega raichu small.PNG
ffkF0lY.png

Download here!

4LjpUMh.png
Introduction:
Pokemon Acceptance is an rmxp fan game running on Pokemon Essentials 17.2 using a gen 5 style tileset. This game was solo developed by Tpick, a first time game developer who started development in May 2020. The first completed version launched on PokeCommunity in July 2021, but in March 2022 after adding in Hisui forms I've decided it's about time to share it with my friends here at Relic Castle!

ZOU4DkI.png
This game takes place in the same setting/map as the Wii spin-off PokePark 2: Wonders Beyond and takes place a few years after the events of that game. This game is also heavily tied to Pokemon Colosseum, and takes place a few years before that game. Don’t worry, you don’t need to have played either to understand the plot!

Most of the wild Pokemon in this game (as well as enemy trainers) have final evolutions that do not exceed a BST of 480. This game serves as a story driven adventure (no gyms/league!) that encourages the player to try out new Pokemon they haven’t before, and gives an environment that is more viable for those pokemon to shine! Find a large number of TMs, move tutors, and other power ups to unlock their full potential!

gZL9Yq1.png
Plot:
A mysterious barrier emerges around the PokePark, causing many people and Pokemon to go missing. Professor Rowan sends Gary Oak and his young assistant Grace (you) to investigate the disturbance. Once there, you discover a civil war has begun inside the PokePark! The sinister Ein has kidnapped Phione while all of the powerful Pokemon that usually protect the park are gone. Ein has even recruited trainers typically seen as heroes to his cause. It’s up to Grace to join the resistance and save the Park from the inside!

TMePEdK.png

Post-game story!
Explore Parts of Orre, Kalos, Johto and Kanto as the story reaches it's final conclusion!​

AVEMEKT.png

Unique Features
  • No gyms/league! A story driven adventure to save the PokePark.
  • Fake mega evolutions! Current List: Frosslass, Delibird, Ludicolo, Dunsparce, Kecleon, Raichu, Sudowoodo. See one you wish I had? Let me know! I may still add more!
  • Follower Pokemon like in HG/SS
  • Talk to Pokemon! Interact with wild Pokemon, and see their reactions with portraits from Super Mystery Dungeon!
  • Alternate currency system! Just like in PokePark, some vendors won't accept PokeDollars, but rather berries in exchange for goods and services.
  • New Sound effects! From menu selections to getting items, almost every sound effect has been replaced by sounds from other games.
  • Music Variety! Every single area has new battle music for both wild and trainer battles. Many event battles also have unique music, as well as changing music for cutscenes. There's also a large variety of victory and intro music for trainer battles.
  • Move tutor/TM system. "Cove Town'' in the center of the map has an unprecedented number of move tutors and TM sellers, allowing you to reach the highest potential you can with your team! You can even unlock 2nd/hidden abilities or Perfect your IVs/EVs! Assuming you have the right berry currency, that is!
  • "Starter Cave" An early game cave containing all 24 starters from gen 1-8!
  • New way to train: Level up at special computers with simulation battles against over 90 trainers from the main series and anime! Gym Leaders, rivals, villains and Elite 4 from the first 7 regions await!
  • Sewer mini game! Dodge teleporting Abras, bubble blowing Corphish, and wild poison types while you rebuild a bridge to get a reward of berries and other items!
  • Mixture of both roaming wild encounters like the Wild Area, and random tall grass encounters.

JZSTA4H.png
jgMSN9k.png
NAFGBmH.png
H5tmNB1.png

pBJmBrq.png
growlithe ow.PNG
K1I6Yck.png

vHPo7PI.png
4iFkJ4D.png

iAUFGhN.png
vQxuzcX.png
Beedrill Arcane.PNG

1MbvYX2.png
n9brOmI.png
GMgFCxC.png

eLMSyw3.png

• What Pokemon are in the game?
    All Gen 1-7 Pokemon as well as some from gen 8-9 are in the game! Check the signposts in each area to see who is catchable. Alolan and some Galarian and Hisui Pokemon are available, and there is even a “form changer” in Cove Town to change your Pokemon’s form if needed!
  • How long is the game?
    Completing the main story is around 20 hours long. The postgame has a quest that is around 4 hours long that wraps up the story, with lots of other optional features and trainer battles to check out!
  • How hard is the game?
    Harder than most mainline games, but not as hard as most fan games. At no point does the difficulty curve expect you you run around and grind out levels. There is no level cap or obedience issue. However, there are some tricky opponents, including multi battles with 10-12 opposing pokemon, and double battle opponents with good synergy. If you skip too many trainers or events, you may find yourself falling behind a bit. Note: The cove sewers has "level scaling" which makes it an ideal place to train, but you really shouldn't need to.
  • So can I nuzlocke it? Are there gift Pokemon to help?
    Yes and yes! The game has 18 different locations to catch pokemon, and the roaming pokemon give you some ability to choose. The difficulty curve does not expect grinding, has no level cap, and has a level scaling area to help train. There are 5 gift pokemon in total before you reach the final boss as well (as well as others in the post-game).
  • Who are the starters?
    Meditite, Snorunt, and Numel. All will have mega evolutions available (including a fake one for Froslass). There is also “starter cave” early on, containing all 24 starters from gen 1-8!
  • Wait there’s mega evolution?
    Indeed! The following Pokmeon are catchable and have obtainable mega stones: Mawile, Sableye, Sharpedo, Manectric, Absol, Lopunny, Banette, Beedrill, Audino, and Pidgeot (as well as your starters of course).
  • Who are the fake megas?
    Froslass, Delibird, Ludicolo, Dunsparce, Kecleon, Raichu, and Sudowoodo. I may add more later! Reply to this thread if you have one you think deserves one!
  • Who from Gen 8 is available?
    Cinderace, Rillaboom, Inteleon, Dragapult, Urshifu, Stonjourner, Thievul, Perrserker, Falinks, Eldegoss, Greedent, Indeedee, Grapploct, Pinchurin, Frosmoth, Morpeko. Galarian forms: Stunfisk, Meowth, Mr Mime.
  • Where do the songs/sound effects come from?
    Music originates from a mixture of Pokemon Spin-off games, non-Pokemon games, remixes, and a small dose from the main Pokemon series. Sound effects come largely from Pokemon Colosseum, but if you have one in mind you're curious about, feel free to ask!

As of version 3.8 on Mar 10 2022, Hisui forms from PLA are now available in the PokePark!
  • All catch-able Pokemon have their new signature moves! I wrote my own scripts for 10 different moves!
  • To catch them, head east of Verdant Court.
  • Wild Hisui Pokemon will scale to your level, so feel free to catch them at any point in your playthrough!
  • Not all Hisui Pokemon are currently in Acceptance. Currently 11 of 19 evolutionary lines are in.
- Hisui in the game: Decidueye, Samurott, Typhlosion, Wyrdeer, Growlithe/Arcanine, Zorua/Zoroark, Braviary, Voltorb/Electrode, Sneasel/Sneasler, Origin Dialga and Palkia
- Hisui Pokemon not yet in the game: Avalugg, Ursaluna, Enamorus, Lilligant, Kleavor, Qwilfish/Overqwil, Basculegion, Sliggoo/Goodra.
  • Two new items exist to evolve or change forms into H-forms. Hisui dust, and Hisui stone. Phil can craft you a Hisui stone if you bring him a Force Stone.
  • Not all mechanics in PLA work quite the same as the main series. I made the new moves to be as similar as possible. For example, Bitter Malice causes freezing, Esper Wing works like Flame Charge, etc.
  • H-Zoroark has the hidden ability cursed body, in case you would rather it not have illusion.

4pBZTl4.png

Progress:

Version 3.0 onwards are completed versions! 3.8 adds in Hisui Forms.
The only updates I do nowadays are to add in new forms/fake megas, or to fix bugs I missed.

yJuqr57.png

Snorunt evolves into Glalie level 30 instead of 42. The starter Snorunt is always female if you prefer Froslass.
The Mudkip line can learn aqua jet.
Meditite can learn Vacuum Wave.
Raichu's attack is reduced by 5, allowing the player to evolve Pikachu without using up a Force Stone.
Raichu can learn new fighting moves that accompany it's fake mega, you can learn them via the move relearner in Cove Town.
Snom learns Fairy Wind by level up right around when you can catch one in the bug cave.

tbmJAqD.png

Hero Voltsy Let's Play:

Want to talk to me about this game? reply here, or on PokeCommunity, or join my discord! I'll gladly talk to you about it! Really really!
PokeCommunity Page

Ms0EplO.png

Awards:
HeroVoltsy's top 10 fan games of 2021!

Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/cgtaeb54mwws2b5/Pokemon_Acceptance_v3.12.1.zip/file

How to install/play: Simply download the zip file, unzip it, and click on the file called "game"​

Attachments

• bH2qGpH.png
    bH2qGpH.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 9,241
Last edited:

Tpick2211

Rookie
Hey I'm stuck at the tree
I played this game before Pignite is supposed to burn the tree, I talked he disappeared as he supposed to. But he don't show up and now I'm stuck help
Hi! So if I’m understanding correct, you talked to him up north in the snorlax domain, but he’s not standing by the tree to the south of windmill way?
Most likely, my guess is that you’re missing one of the other four container parts! That one beyond the pignite tree has to be done last, the other 4 are in any order. You of course have one by speaking to him once. The other 3: NW of windmill by talking to girl, east by the dunsparce, and west near Mawile. Hope that helps! If you for sure have all 4 of those you can send me the save file and I can take a look at it

Tpick2211

Rookie
Electric types can be paralyzed, but gen 9 pokemon exist, is this going to be fixed?
Thanks for pointing that out! Development of Acceptance started in 2020 so it runs on essentials 17.2. Which by default has a lot of gen 5 mechanics, including that. I'm planning a patch of a couple other things here soon so I'll be sure to take a look at that as well!

Lego Wolfer

Rookie
Hey, I've been enjoying the game a lot so far. It's been great fun! I can't remember if it was mentioned, but is there a Box where I can store Pokemon, or am I only limited to the 6 in my party? And if the answer is that there is no Box, is there a list of obtainable Pokemon (so I can catch my favourites lol)?

Back