• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Eternal Emerald Gen3

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
Title Screen.jpg

Made using Pokemon Essentials v.19

STORY:
The Hoeen region is unstable — Rayquaza has awakened! Your skills as a Trainer will be challenged like they've never been challenged before as you try to maintain balance between Kyogre & Groudon. Prove your skill by earning Badges & gaining access to the Battle Frontier — the front line of Pokémon battling that offers a whole new level of competition. Never-before-experienced battles await you!
Storyline:
3 EVIL TEAMS are being TEAM MAGMA, AQUA , and a newly formed SKY with each stirring trouble at different stages in the game. The objective of each team, to awaken Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza, respectively, is eventually fulfilled.
About:
Growing up Pokemon Emerald was always my favorite Pokemon game, so I decided to remake it in Pokemon Essentials with new content. The game starts off just like the original Emerald, and the story starts to change after around the Flannery Fight as I didn't know where else to add in TEAM SKY. This game was created by one person and playtested by only me, so there may be bugs. Please let me know if you find any.
Games Features:
Gen 1-8 Pokemon
Pokemon Dens(Replace Secret Bases as there is no version 19 script)
New Mega Evolutions(Thanks to EndlessTgx, Zygoat and King_Waluigi
)
Some Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire content
Updated Sprites for important Characters
All Emerald Content up to defeating 5 Gyms
Battle Tent is now a place to battle stronger Trainers
New Team Sky
Gen 6 experience share(May turn off anytime)
Fast Forward Mode Q button
HM Items
New Female Rival instead of Brendan or May

Future Content:
Secret Bases
Pokemon World Tournament(Post Game)
Nuzlocke Mode

Screenshots:
Gender Selection Screen.jpg
Starter Selection.jpg
Verses Trainer.jpg

Team Aqua.jpg

Verse Wally.jpg

Verse Maxie.jpg

Oceanic Museum.jpg

Verse Norman.jpg

Trick House.jpg

Southern Island.jpg

Team Sky Boss.jpg

Maxie.jpg

Steven and Latios.jpg

Latias Event.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK:

CREDITS:

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy<s>MiDas Mike
Brother1440<s>Near Fantastica
FL.<s>PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami<s>Popper
Golisopod User<s>Rataime
help-14<s>Savordez
IceGod64<s>SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>the__end
KitsuneKouta<s>Venom12
Lisa Anthony<s>Wachunga
Luka S.J.<s>
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

SCRIPT CREDITS:
Generation 8 Project for Essentials
Battler Sprites:
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
Overworld Sprites
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer
Icon Sprites
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
PBS Credits:
Golisopod User, Zerokid, TheToxic, HM100, KyureJL, ErwanBeurier
Script Credits:
EBS Bitmap Wrapper - Luka S.J.
Gen 8 Scripts - Golisopod User, Maruno, Vendily, TheToxic, HM100, Aioross, WolfPP, MFilice, lolface, KyureJL, DarrylBD99, Turn20Negate, TheKandinavian, ErwanBeurier
Compilation of Resources:
Golisopod User, UberDunsparce
Porting to v19:
Golisopod User, Maruno

Battle Introductions-
bo4p5687
Graphics by Richard PT

Bag Screen with interactable Party (v19.1)-DiegoWT
Rose
Vendily

Gen 8-Style Item Find Description-
Boonzeet

Version 19 Hotfixes

Maruno
Advanced HM ITEMS-
Moyo
Marin

Easy Text Skip-
Amethyst - Original Essentials Text Skip Tutorial
Kurotsune - Original Essentials Text Skip Tutorial
ENLS - Updating to v19.1 and adding stuff

Fast Forward-
Marin - for the original Better Speed Up script
Phantombass - updating the script to Essentials v19.1

Voltseon Pause Menu

@Voltseon @Golisopod User @ENLS

Full regional dexes gen 8 project-heCrafters001

GRAPHIC CREDITS
Mega Pokemon Custom-
EndlessTGX, King_Waluigi
SwSh-Inspired Battle Interface- AuthorBiggusWeeabus

(POKEMON ORAS) gym leaders transitions- Nephae

May verses sprite-
luckygirl88

Hoeen Gym Leader battle Sprites-
ChromusSama / Shir0n (both usernames are fine)
Nintendo - GameFreak - The Pokémon Company => Original B2/W2 battle sprites and character

Mega Stone Resource- Capptier

Textbook Script- TechSkylander1518 for the code
AnonAlpaca(Graphic)

Egg Overworld-
NicoMts

EGG HATCHER-
yu (Script)
Clara (Idea, graphics and testing)
Turner (Updated hatcher icon)

Wally Sprites-
PKMNTrainerSpriter

Pokemon Bonfire Stories fog(From free resource pack)-Thread starterAki

Hoenn Party Screen by dooof_

Mega Evolution Scene-bo4p5687

Encounter List Ui-
ThatWelshOne_
raZ
Marin
Maruno
Nuri Yuri
PurpleZaffre
Savordez
Vendily

Trainer Sprites-hyo-oppa

Magma Grunts-
IceJkai

Cable Car Scene-PurpleZaffre

Emerald Title Screen Art-
mizutsunee

Module Title Screen-
GameFreak | BGMs for the official Title Screen tracks
Luka S.J. | Designs, graphics and code

luka scripting utilities-Luka S.J.

BW GENDER SELECTOR-
Original version by KleinStudio

GEN 3 PARTNER SPRITES-
Old Man and Primo were ripped by Tsuka
Steven was ripped by Boo
Wally was ripped by castiboy
Sprites were formatted by TechSkylander1518

FR LG-Npc Mega Pack
Maribel Hearn and Renko Usami sprites courtesy of Hemoglobin_A1C (Playable Characters in Touhoumon fangames).

HGSS OWs in FR Style courtesy of Delta231, Mimi, M.vit, and Kimoras.

"Accurate" Fire Red Overworld Sprite Resource
Avatar: Psychic (Male), Rich Boy, Cue Ball (Dismounted)
Aveontrainer: Lass, a lot of bases for Emerald's Overworld Sprites
Daman: Professor Ivy, Professor Ivy's Assistant
Kalarie: Aroma Lady, Blackbelt, Burglar, Crush Girl, Dragon Tamer, Engineer, Juggler, Lady, Pokémon Breeder, Psychic (Female), Rocker, Tamer, Twin, Young Couple, All Anime Sprites
MrDollSteak: Cue Ball, Cue Ball (Dismounted), Painter, PokéManiac, Pokémon Ranger (Male), Pokémon Ranger (Female)
Pokésho: Various First Frames of Anime Overworld Sprites
Spherical Ice: Biker (Dismounted), Bird Keeper, Expert (Male), Expert (Female), Kindler, Ruin Maniac

FRLG Pokédude Backsprite Ripped by Tsuka
Koiking Player Sprites courtesy of pixiv

FRLG Style RSE NPCs, ORAS Brendan and May courtesy of Poffin_Case

Gen 4 and 5 Trainer sprites and PBS Courtesy of Mr. Gela/theo#7722

FRLG Cynthia, Hilbert, Hilda, Ethan and Lyra Sprites courtesy of Pokésho, Marnic, Reign, and KisiroKitsune

TR Grunt courtesy of Othienka
Brendan and May Extra Sprites courtesy of GreenWithAwesome / 15avaughn

HGSS Ethan and Lyra Back Sprites 0.2
Ripped by Tsuka from Spriters Resource
Original graphics by Game Freak
Formatted by Ozander

PUBLIC OrAs Protagonists GBA Back Front Sprites
by Solo993; Front Sprites by hyo-oppa
Battle Transitions-Pokemon Reborn Team
Fireplace Object Pokemon Rejuvenation Team

BATTLEBACKS:
AVEONTRAINER
carchagui
princess-phoenix

MUSIC CREDITS:
Pocketmonstermusic-https://www.youtube.com/user/PocketMonstersMusic
FL.Remix-https://www.youtube.com/c/PkmnSoundFontRemix
Sonicwave1000-https://www.youtube.com/c/Sonicwave1000
Luigigigas-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3IoYYLy02zg537s-g5IZSQ

TILESET CREDITS:
Ekat
Heartless Dragoon
Morlockhater
Nemu
Ross Hawkins
Pokemon Dawn
Slimshady
Thedeadheroalistar
9The-Red-Ex
Vurtax
Zein
Redblueyellow
Fabnt
War8
Dragoon
Silverdeoxys563
SteamyJ
Anonalpaca
Pokémon Rejuvenation
Puggsoy
Aveontrainer
Idillio
Dasani
Shyin

JohtoBlaziken's Bootleg Pokémon FireRed(For Routes 101-110 and Most Cities)​

JohtoBlaziken

If I forgot anybody in my credits please let me know and I will add you. It isn't my intention to forget anybodys credits.

NOTE-This is a five gym demo and ends once you obtain the MEGA BRACELET from Steven

Lord Lucario 35

Cooltrainer
Cant wait for the update, gonna hold off on a new save until that time.. really hyped about the battle frontier. Hopefully that battle factory rental thing is there :)

any discord link? tried to search but couldnt find one. would love to see progress
The battle factory will for sure since it comes from default essentials. I haven't actually started any of the facilities yet except the battle tower. There is no discord link.

Munit

Novice
The battle factory will for sure since it comes from default essentials. I haven't actually started any of the facilities yet except the battle tower. There is no discord link.
ooo I cant wait! I love doing those end game battles with all the variety :)

Skitzee

Rookie
I don't know if what your progress is on this game but I wanted to ask and I wanted to tell you that after playing through the demo I have to say that the new additions to the game made it more fun to play and not as boring as playing through the original Pokemon Emerald. Sad to hear that my save file for the demo won't be there for the full version. I had a good team. ;(

Lord Lucario 35

Cooltrainer
I don't know if what your progress is on this game but I wanted to ask and I wanted to tell you that after playing through the demo I have to say that the new additions to the game made it more fun to play and not as boring as playing through the original Pokemon Emerald. Sad to hear that my save file for the demo won't be there for the full version. I had a good team. ;(
I've taken a long break working on other projects, but I have finished the main story and have updated all the graphics in the game including the trees, rocks, water, and sand. Also I have updated maps like Petalburg woods and the Mt. Pyre to look better. I don't have a release date, but I will try to finish it. Its not canceled though. If you have any ideas of what I should add I would like to hear other peoples ideas for the final release.

Skitzee

Rookie
I've taken a long break working on other projects, but I have finished the main story and have updated all the graphics in the game including the trees, rocks, water, and sand. Also I have updated maps like Petalburg woods and the Mt. Pyre to look better. I don't have a release date, but I will try to finish it. Its not canceled though. If you have any ideas of what I should add I would like to hear other peoples ideas for the final release.
I had an idea, I had no idea of the quests that were added in the game because I just rush to the download link and the screenshots. In the game if you could make it more... 'Visible' that there are quests in the game that you could do then I would love that! Also I encountered some bugs in the game like sometimes whenever I accidently didn't do a double battle but two single battles then one of the trainer's battle music wouldn't show up and ruin the music for the rest of the game. The only way I had to counter this was by healing my Pokemon and then the music would go back to normal. Do you know if the game will be released this year at least?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Lucario 35

Cooltrainer
I had an idea, I had no idea of the quests that were added in the game because I just rush to the download link and the screenshots. In the game if you could make it more... 'Visible' that there are quests in the game that you could do then I would love that! Also I encountered some bugs in the game like sometimes whenever I accidently didn't do a double battle but two single battles then one of the trainer's battle music wouldn't show up and ruin the music for the rest of the game. The only way I had to counter this was by healing my Pokemon and then the music would go back to normal.
1. There actually isn't any quests in the demo so you weren't missing out on much.
2. I didn't know about that double battle bug so I will look into it.
3. I will try to release it this year if I can. Depends if I have time. I haven't worked on it for over 3 months.
4. What do you think of the updated Team Sky Grunt sprite.(The other one were bad) This is one of the new things I needed to fix in the final version.
SKYGRUNT_M.png

Skitzee

Rookie
That looks sick! Compared to the other Sky Grunt sprite where it looked identical to Tabitha. This looks sick! I can't wait! Also... If you don't mind I'd like to see some screenshots of the new game. All of this stuff has me very excited for the full release. Also because the demo version was very fun to play through.

Lord Lucario 35

Cooltrainer
That looks sick! Compared to the other Sky Grunt sprite where it looked identical to Tabitha. This looks sick! I can't wait! Also... If you don't mind I'd like to see some screenshots of the new game. All of this stuff has me very excited for the full release. Also because the demo version was very fun to play through.
I will send you a direct message of a few of the updated games screenshots.

mmix01

Rookie
any information on when the game will be finished? First half was genuinely amazing im so excited!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Lucario 35

Cooltrainer
any information on when the game will be finished? First half was genuinely amazing im so excited!!
I don't have a release date yet for the next version, but I can say that the main story has been fully completed with new areas and ideas.(You can now buy outfits for your character and become a Pokemon Ranger). I have also changed the tilesets and fixed the bugs that appeared in this demo.
Things that are 100% finished as of right now:
  • Pokemon World Tournaments
  • Main Story is complete
  • Elite 4 rematches
I will release the final version once I finish every legendary Pokemon encounter, which will bring you to maps from other games like Eterna Forest from the Sinnoh region for example.

Please note that your save file from this demo will not work in the final version as I used a newer version of Pokemon Essentials to finish creating this game.

mmix01

Rookie
Thank you! I'm looking forward to it so much!!
I don't have a release date yet for the next version, but I can say that the main story has been fully completed with new areas and ideas.(You can now buy outfits for your character and become a Pokemon Ranger). I have also changed the tilesets and fixed the bugs that appeared in this demo.
Things that are 100% finished as of right now:
  • Pokemon World Tournaments
  • Main Story is complete
  • Elite 4 rematches
I will release the final version once I finish every legendary Pokemon encounter, which will bring you to maps from other games like Eterna Forest from the Sinnoh region for example.

Please note that your save file from this demo will not work in the final version as I used a newer version of Pokemon Essentials to finish creating this game.

Inner Rhymes

Trainer
Still keeping my eyes peeled on this one.

Back