• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Assassins: Night Wind

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
blackbgassassinslogo (1).png

In association with Pokemon Soul...
Music by Zufaix...
Created by TheDogDad...

POKEMON ASSASSINS: NIGHT WIND

Game Download:

MEDIAFIRE
v1.0.4

YouTube Videos:

CONTENT WARNING!!!: This game includes blood, violence, and depictions of murder.

Screenshot (85).jpg
Screenshot (104).jpg

Screenshot (102).jpg
Screenshot (110).jpg
Screenshot (114).jpg
Screenshot (99).jpg

Length:
1hr

Difficulty:
MEDIUM

Description:
Jade is a young assassin in training who is being mentored by the world-renowned killer, Night Wind. Capture deadly Blood Pokemon and assassinate your target before midnight. Travel through the Bendol region, crime-ridden and dangerous. Avoid the police, fight a rival gang and own up to the title of Assassin alongside your partners in crime...

New Features:
Blood Forms
Animated Battles
New moves
Certain Buffed Pokemon and Items
New items

v1.0.0
(For Winter Game Jam III)

MEDIAFIRE
GOOGLE DRIVE

Team:
TheDogDad, Lead Developer
Zufaix, Composer, Musical Track

Resource Pack:

Credits:

Pokemon Assassins: Night Wind
By TheDogDad

A huge shout out to everyone who has created amazing games and resources for developers such as myself. You are a huge part of what makes this community so much fun to be a part of.

Special Thanks To:
Zufaix on Discord and Relic Castle for amazing music compositions!
Luka for making Elite Battle System DX which helps making Pokemon fan games even more fun
Thundaga for providing so many helpful tutorials on his youtube channel
TechSkylander1518 for always being helpful whenever myself and other developers are stuck
catwithnojob for organizing the Winter Game Jam III and liking every one of my posts!

Luka’s Modular Pause Menu resource

Luka's Pokemon Elite Battle System DX
Luka's Scripting Utilities
luka-sj.com

Gen 4 HGSS Tileset (Indoor)
Akizakura16

Aigue--marine Tileset (Outdoor)
Aigue--marine, LotusKing

LotusKing Tileset (Outdoor)
LotusKing

Kyle-Dove Tileset (Outdoor)
Kyle-Dove!

Gen 5 Overworld Pack
  • Spriter's Resource - rips of overworld sprites​
  • Radical Raptr - compilation and creating RMXP ready spritesheets​
Gen 1-7 OV SPrites.7z

Trainer Blue and Professor Oak BW
Tebited15 on Deviantart

Pokemon professors large sprites
by malice936 on Deviant art

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

Game Jam Twist:

Character: Professor, Father Figure
Plot Point: Betrayal, Professor, Father Figure

Zoroarkgif.gif

Last edited:

TheDogDad

I love jam
Anyone feel free to let me know if you have issues with downloading and I can help troubleshoot!

TheDogDad

I love jam
missing game.ini???
may I ask a clarifying question about what you mean by missing game.ini? I checked the download links again and I see the game.ini there but I could be wrong. If there isn't one, you may be able to just copy and paste one from a regular essentials and just rename it to Pokemon Assassins: Night Wind, otherwise I'll try to attach it here just in case.

Lil Chungus

Rookie
may I ask a clarifying question about what you mean by missing game.ini? I checked the download links again and I see the game.ini there but I could be wrong. If there isn't one, you may be able to just copy and paste one from a regular essentials and just rename it to Pokemon Assassins: Night Wind, otherwise I'll try to attach it here just in case.
1645687374138.png

TheDogDad

I love jam
Version 1.0.1 is now ready! This link uses media fire and should have fixed the missing Game.ini error. (v1.0.0 that is intended for the winter game jam is still available underneath the new link to v1.0.1) If you run into more issues let me know.

TheDogDad

I love jam
Version 1.0.2 will be ready soon, fixing lag within Dawn City caused by rain and fog graphics.

TheDogDad

I love jam
Same issue with v1.0.3
Hmm, this is definitely a weird reoccurring issue. Not sure what's causing it but I've attached the MediaFire link to the Game.ini file down below. Just extract its contents into your game folder and it should run properly. Let me know if you run into further issues.

Game.ini

Aladdin

Novice
Hmm, this is definitely a weird reoccurring issue. Not sure what's causing it but I've attached the MediaFire link to the Game.ini file down below. Just extract its contents into your game folder and it should run properly. Let me know if you run into further issues.

Game.ini
I did that but still the same issue no idea what's going on :'(

Fe = Iron

Novice
I have the exact same issue as above, I have copied and pasted the Game.ini, tried to make another folder, tried to replace it, redownloaded. Nothing works.
1646567351088.png

TheDogDad

I love jam
I have the exact same issue as above, I have copied and pasted the Game.ini, tried to make another folder, tried to replace it, redownloaded. Nothing works. View attachment 9243
Okay, I'll try to figure it out today, I had this issue myself before but I don't remember what the solution was. Just out of curiosity, are you running this on a computer or android?

Back