• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Solution to a Sleeping Snorlax

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
titleimage.png

Title: Solution to a Sleeping Snorlax

After a crazy party last Sunday with Professor OG, your Snorlax still hasn't woken up yet...

Download Link : v1

Screenshots:
ss1.png
ss2.png

ss3.png
ss4.png
ss5.png

Team: Solo Project
Made Using: RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials v19.1
Notes: You can probably finish the game in under 5 minutes, there is mild language, and the entire game is a meme.
Resources: Resources

Tiles from :
WesleyFG
DonLawride
Magiscarf
Tratas
Alucus
PeekyChew
Kyle Dove
Rekman
Tratas
Aveontrainer
Dewitty
Zetavares852
ThatsSoWitty
UltimoSpriter
XDinky
The-Red-eX
ChaoticCherryCake
Zeak6464
Akizakura16

Music from games:
Pokemon RSE
Diamond and Pearl
HeartGold Soul Silver
Black and White
Fire Red

GEN 8 PROJECT

Battler Sprites:
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
Overworld Sprites
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer
Icon Sprites
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
PBS Credits:
Golisopod User, Zerokid, TheToxic, HM100, KyureJL, ErwanBeurier
Script Credits:
EBS Bitmap Wrapper - Luka S.J.
Gen 8 Scripts - Golisopod User, Maruno, Vendily, TheToxic, HM100, Aioross, WolfPP, MFilice, lolface, KyureJL, DarrylBD99, Turn20Negate, TheKandinavian, ErwanBeurier
Compilation of Resources:
Golisopod User, UberDunsparce
Porting to v19:
Golisopod User, Maruno

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy<s>MiDas Mike
Brother1440<s>Near Fantastica
FL.<s>PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami<s>Popper
Golisopod User<s>Rataime
help-14<s>Savordez
IceGod64<s>SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>the__end
KitsuneKouta<s>Venom12
Lisa Anthony<s>Wachunga
Luka S.J.<s>
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

Plot Point: Technical Difficulties. (You run into quite a few problems on your way to the berry grove)
Key Character: Professor OG. (Gave you Snorlax, and sends you on your journey to help wake it up)

Last edited:
I know this was a meme game and all but I actually found it more enjoyable than I expected. The flavour text was nice and quirkly, I liked the one about the nibbled plant. And the idea of using a slorlax in battle which is perma sleep is kinda cool. Fisherman character was funny too. Idk how much you wanted/ were willing to put into making this game but it is a solid foundation of a humorous game. Just changing the gameplay to be more enjoyable and less "spam snore" could make for quite a nice game.

So yeah, cool game!

Hornet

Novice
I know this was a meme game and all but I actually found it more enjoyable than I expected. The flavour text was nice and quirkly, I liked the one about the nibbled plant. And the idea of using a slorlax in battle which is perma sleep is kinda cool. Fisherman character was funny too. Idk how much you wanted/ were willing to put into making this game but it is a solid foundation of a humorous game. Just changing the gameplay to be more enjoyable and less "spam snore" could make for quite a nice game.

So yeah, cool game!
Thanks!

Foxowl

Professional Procrastinator/Idiot
Discord Mod
Hi Hornet!

I, like tomix, actually enjoyed this a lot. Yeah, it's short. Yeah, it's kind of a joke game. But it was pretty funny, and the Fisherman was a villain as dastardly as they get. I hope he enjoys his life as a Bug Catcher. My feedback, I guess, if you want it/plan on making this something more, would be to change up the gameplay so that it's not just snore spam, make the overworlds more consistent (the gen 3 characters in the gen 4/5 world, even if that world was pretty), and proofread for spelling and grammar. I was able to understand everything but there were a lot of grammatical errors. Either way, congrats on finishing the Winter Jam and thanks for making the game!

"Holy shit it's Regiroooooock!"

Haunted Ditto

Creator of Pokemon Pandora and Pokemon Climate
Since the game is pretty short, I don't have much to say.
The game was pretty enjoyable and funny.
I liked the idea of a perma sleep Snorlax. Maybe a little bit too much Snore spam (Could have gone for Sleep Talk too).
Well done!

Back