• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Dr. Professor Jam

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Game Title: Dr. Professor Jam

Summary: Hello! It is I! The amazing and talented and wonderful Dr. Professor! (I had to log on to Doof's account to post this game - don't tell him!) Anyway, I have been working tirelessly on a brand new game - one that shall truly be a masterpiece with a legacy that will carry on for ages! But, there's a few minor issues! Namely the bugs! I would deal with them myself, but... well, it's easier to delegate that to you, the Player! So come on! I need your help!

Features: Don't be silly! We don't need features here!

Game Screenshots:

wj3_screenshots.png

Game Download: Download here!

Made Using:
RMXP and Pokemon Essentials v19

Team: Sparta

Notes: I apologize in advance.

Resource Pack: https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/874/

======================
Pokemon Essentials
======================
-Maruno
-Flameguru
-Poccil

======================
Emerald Tile Rips
======================
Heartless Dragoon

======================
Overworld Shadows
======================
-Golisopod User (GoliSoli)
-Wolf PP
-Marin

======================
Name Windows
======================
-mej71
-Vendily
-theo#7722

======================
HGSS Items
======================
Nx-Kun

======================
Pokemon OWs
======================
-Dewitty
-Bulbapedia.Bulbagarden.net
-Nintendo
-Chocosrawloid
-Kymotonian
-milomilotic11
-Neo-Spriteman

-MissingLukey
-help-14
-cSc-A7X
-2and2makes5
-Pokegirl4ever
-Fernandojl
-Silver-Skies
-TyranitarDark
-Getsuei-H
-Kid1513
-Kyt666
-kdiamo11
-Chocosrawlooid
-Syledude
-Gallanty
-Gizamimi-Pichu
-Zyon17

======================
Music
======================
ENLS's Pre-Looped Music Library

======================
MLG Nurse SFX
======================
-Halo Infinite

Professor : Dr. Professor
Technical Difficulites : You fix several bugs during the game

Last edited:

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
A great game with a unique premise and full of personality!

Edited the Thoughts a bit since I accidentally didn't realize there was more in the same than I thought.
Thoughts While Playing:
  • I would always have a name window for Stacy even before she reveals her name and just have ??? so the name window doesn’t suddenly appear and catch the player off guard in the opening scene.
  • I would suggest doing the player sprites before the name because right now the name input automatically has the Brendan sprite even if the player would later want the May sprite.
  • I really like that you have the running shoes from the beginning, I think it’s something really cool and helps the speed at the beginning not feel sluggish, so thanks for bringing in the running shoes from the beginning!
  • I absolutely LOVE the meta-ness of this game, I always wanted to make a game like this but this exceeds anything I ever thought I would be able to do. Love the meta-humor.
  • The sleeping Bidoof is so cute 😍
  • I love the hokey-pokey, wasn’t seeing that joke coming from unlocking a mart door that’s for sure.
  • Good job by making the bugs look like real bugs and not manufactured events that look like bugs, that’s really hard to do!
  • Great way to have the player choose what the NPC says in the mart, I really enjoyed that!
  • I love that you didn’t use the hokey pokey again, man you really caught me off guard with the force. I audibly laughed when he lifted the man up, lol.
  • Man Nurse Joy just shooting my Porygon really caught me off guard, wow…
  • No don’t quit Dr. Professor! Man that ending is heart breaking, the no music for the credits fits really well, man I was NOT expecting that!
Updated Notes since I didn't know there was stuff past the credits 😅
  • Me from the next day, didn’t know the game was over lol. I would suggest not playing the credits there, unless this is all post-game content? I’ll probably figure it out in a second. But man old code!
  • Also the shadows in the city at the night look, really cool! I haven’t really seen anything like that in a fan game in a while, and I like it!
  • Wow, that night view of looking from the top of the mountain looks really pretty!
  • Ah and now the credits have an image, now is this the end of the game?

Bugs:
  • Sometimes the shadow will clip on top of the roofs of buildings like this.
    0lXIKXDDVg40dERu96cbfTsLR560Sg-FRl882kt3hhbsKZGF65G_9inON2ptLu1yGnuKHXdKQDVQfCAUOBdrH6TdoPqv7ijiYecXdNaxB8Wui-J-otnpFc9i1APWrQE0D0G7PpHG
  • The movement up the escalator in the Pokemon Center is a little weird.
    WY_k2iGvd3Z1UnIpgXPp-wDtuJaeS9w00sHFYqJwFoYNj-gJCiL8slUrwGVjdM-rncqOd6sUwPDKdywptmaafTTcy0t9bZbOqLifPKLODWcvwQZktIN7IfYMh1TC_5_MFn2cMLGE

Conclusion:
I apologize if this review isn't too in-depth but it's my first time doing one of these. Overall the game was super fun and full of personality! I won’t be forgetting this, because it’s really fun and unique going through game-fixing bugs. That’s really cool! It’s also really impressive that there weren’t any major bugs in the game, other than the intentional ones. Already this is one of my favorite games of the Jam and shows that you don’t need flashy graphics or a super complex dark story(wait a second) to make a good game. I really enjoyed the game and can’t wait to see what you make next Doof!

Why you should play this game? Because I had a blast playing it for the 37 minutes and wish that it could go on longer, it's full of personality and a cool premisce!

Last edited:

WolfShadowWhisper

Just a wolf that loves the shadows on a hot day :)
Your game was the first of the game jam games I tried out and I really enjoyed it. It was funny, the Bidoof sleeping was cute and a certain starry scene looked spectacular. I had fun with the bugs too and some of the characters cracked me up. I'd say the game was well rounded and fitted well with the game jam theme. All-in-all a nice game, just like the first Dr Professor one, just as jamming ;) Can't wait for the next one.

grookies

Wanna cookie?
Hi. I just played your game after getting a new laptop. I wasn't able to enjoy fangames for a while after my old one broke. So obviously this was the obvious number 1 choice for me to get back into playing fangames. That may sound like a joke but it really isn't. I played the perfect jam and round edition too and I love your style of games. You may have cringed making some of these jokes but they really hit the spot for me. I laughed out loud many times playing this and I don't tend to laugh very easily. This was a beautiful game, yeah it's not very long but I enjoyed every minute of it. Also I would just like to say I am the type of player to click on all the plants in buildings (and pretty much everything else) and in that regard your game sure doesn't disappoint. Good job Plant Man :)

Back