• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Shining Comet

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version
ETA Next Version
Mar 1, 2022
POKEMON SHINING COMET

Screenshot 2022-01-17 141342.png

Download v0.3.1
Hello everyone! My name is Dan and this is my first ever attempt at creating a pokemon fan game, using Pokemon Essentials!
This current version is primarily a release to get feedback on balancing and such, while of course hoping you run into any bugs that I haven't yet so that I can fix them! But I hope it is enjoyable regardless.

Version 0.3 Update
If you have played an early version I recommend starting over.
-Music added
-Changed grass starter from Treecko to Snivy
-Added story text to intro
-5 new areas (routes, towns, cave)
-Increased shiny rates
-Edited Brock sprite
-other minor changes
As always PLEASE notify me of any issues you come across either in the comment section here or on discord!

Summary
The story is not entirely fleshed out in-game so far (as I've been focusing on playability for now) but is based around Jirachi's comet crashing into Starry Mountain in the Simoria Region. You are coincidentally starting your pokemon journey just after this happens, and will eventually help the professor and others look into the comets appearance and its apparently mystical properties, while also defending it from Team Rocket, who has assigned a new up and coming boss to take on the project of stealing the comet, while also establishing themselves in this brand new region.

Features:
All Pokemon from generations 1-5 will eventually be available (minus some legends and mythicals)
Competitively statted Gym Leaders
Unique storyline, similar to the story flow of original pokemon games (with slightly more mature language and themes at times).
Increased shiny rates
FireRed/LeafGreen Graphics and Soundtrack
Direct community input: on discord
Features Coming in Future Updates:
Following Pokemon(?)
Customized trainer and gym leader sprites
Megas

What's playable at the moment is up until the 3rd gym of the game, here are a few screenshots of a few of the areas in-game:

Screenshot 2022-01-17 141948.png
Screenshot 2022-01-17 141637.png
Screenshot 2022-01-17 141456.png
Screenshot 2022-01-17 141750.png
Screenshot 2022-01-17 141844.png
Screenshot 2022-01-17 143004.png

Things that I know are currently missing include a region map (have not updated from the default essentials one), and custom gym leader sprites. I attempted my hand at pixel art to edit the Misty and Brock sprite provided by Essentials, but they are the only sprites I've edited as I'm still not very comfortable with it.

LEADER_Misty.png

All other tiles and graphics outside of the Misty and Brock images and the splash screen are the ones provided by pokemon essentials.

I have been doing some of the work on my stream when I get the chance if that's something anybody is interested in being a part of, I like to take input, name suggestions, and anything of the sort.

I would LOVE any feedback you all have! Thanks!

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy<s>MiDas Mike
Brother1440<s>Near Fantastica
FL.<s>PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami<s>Popper
Golisopod User<s>Rataime
help-14<s>Savordez
IceGod64<s>SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>the__end
KitsuneKouta<s>Venom12
Lisa Anthony<s>Wachunga
Luka S.J.<s>
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

FR:LG Soundtrack
-Junichi Masuda & Go Ichinose

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Last edited:

Kyogesh

Trainer
The game is nice, but in 2nd gym after solving the puzzle and went for healing the puzzle get reset but the switch didnt get reset instead stating as already used. Please check this bug

Maor80

Cooltrainer
You should making a discord server so people could contact with you easily so if you could it could helping your development

Dan_Sims

Rookie
The game is nice, but in 2nd gym after solving the puzzle and went for healing the puzzle get reset but the switch didnt get reset instead stating as already used. Please check this bug
The fix should be up now. Thanks!

You should making a discord server so people could contact with you easily so if you could it could helping your development
That would be a good idea. I might get one set up in the next day or so!

https://discord.gg/uzzF38YXxZ I went ahead and made it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back