• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Sardonyx: Raised to Win

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
sardonyx_logo_new_2_by_keileon-dblokvz.png

ZnTWdNL.png

Pokémon Sardonyx: Raised to Win is a fangame made in Pokemon Essentials v16.2, by a small team of friends based upon a play-by-post roleplay that lasted for a few years. The roleplay eventually ended in favor of continuing the story as a game and a Nuzlocke comic. We have recently picked up development again and are eager to tell the story we've been wanting to since 2011.

PS:RtW is a somewhat ambitious game, featuring in the future a branching storyline and deep worldbuilding. We may take artistic liberty with many established pieces of Pokémon lore, particularly centering around the Pokémon themselves. We take inspiration from both the games and anime, as well as Nuzlocke artists, a certain PMD fanfiction author, common theories, and random musings from the devs. While we strive to have memorable game mechanics and features, our game is intended to be primarily narrative-driven and rewards the player for exploration and interaction. Almost every object can be interacted with.

While the game may be relatively easy at the start, it is intended to have a difficulty curve similar to Pokémon Platinum Version. We recommend searching the grass for Pokémon (each area has a wide selection, even cities) and training when possible. We do not recommend playing the game on a Nuzlocke Challenge, at least on the first playthrough. More cautious or paranoid players may wish to save the game often, just in case something happens.

We currently have a workable development team and do not technically lack any roles. We should be able to complete the game with our current team. However, we will consider applicants for spriters, scripters, composers, and promotional/graphics artists. Please see the Contact section below.

We market ourselves as a parody protected under Fair Use laws. In no way do we receive profit from media related to this fangame.

Download Link!

Current Version: 2.8.5
https://ragnarokraven.net/sardonyxrtw/download/

----------

GbpzO8a.png

12-map-png

Map may not be final and is subject to change.

You begin in Granite Town in the Altaris Region, a small town by the region's standards but beginning to expand and urbanize. Though you already sort of have a Pokémon- a family "pet" belonging to a relative that is no longer available- you decide that you need to go get a Pokémon of your own and become a trainer. Your neighbor and best friend tags along with you as you head to Shardil Town, where the professor will give you a choice between three Pokémon: Eevee, Mienfoo, and Solosis.

Very soon you begin to become aware of a gang, similar to those in other regions and yet somehow different. Reportedly, they almost never steal the Pokémon of other trainers. There are no grunts. There is no consistent uniform or identifying aspect aside from the raven they use as an emblem. These phantom whispers of a gang calling themselves Team Mortis reach you nearly everywhere you go, as does news of their illegal activities: pitting Pokémon against each other in battles to the death.

But are they the only criminal activity in the region?

Adventure through the island region and forge your own story. One might instinctively aim for the Gym challenge and Pokémon League, but none of this is required if you wish to take a more unorthodox path. Talk to everyone you meet, investigate every nook and cranny, explore every hidden passage and you will be rewarded for your efforts with deep worldbuilding and expansions on the established Pokémon lore.

As long as there is life in us.
As long as we hold the will to survive.
Knowing no different, we fight for our masters...
... For we are born to fight...
... And raised to win.

AWNBYnW.png

A more comprehensive list of features can be seen here:
https://ragnarokraven.net/sardonyxrtw/features/

STORY
  • Dark, branching storyline​
  • Sarcastic NPCs and poking fun at official games​
  • Interactable items are everywhere- if something seems out of place, try interacting with it​
  • Tie-ins to the official games​
  • Sidequests​

GRAPHICS AND RESOURCES
  • Mix of generation 4 and 5 graphics​
  • Custom and Free-Use-With-Credit music​
  • Custom and Free-Use-With-Credit tiles and sprites​
  • Custom UI textures​

GAMEPLAY MECHANICS
  • Following Pokémon​
  • Optional gyms​
  • HM replacements​
  • Type chart adjustments: Normal is now Super Effective on Fairy and Psychic, Ice resists Ground/Grass/Water, Poison is Super Effective on Water​
  • If you see this on any fangame website except Relic, PokeCommunity, or Ragnarok Raven it was stolen​
  • Turbo button that works at any time​
  • Multiple save files and Quicksave​
  • Pokémon permadeath in certain battles​
  • Mystery Gift​

POKÉMON
  • Full Pokédex access (generation 6 through 8 Pokemon only available in Safari Zone or through limited ingame events)​
  • Mega Evolutions, some custom​
  • Regional variants, similar to Alola forms-- currently over 90!​
  • Pokémon rebalances: many Pokémon now have altered base stats and movesets​

d72SiJA.png

Due to the sheer amount of questions we have accrued, we have taken to displaying our FAQ on our website.

https://ragnarokraven.net/sardonyxrtw/faq/

BrSr4Gh.png

61-screensmoke-png
67-screenevo-png
74-screenlab-png
92-screenmortis-png

85-screenvee-png
66-screencitri-png
63-screencave-png
62-screenblood-png
More screenshots can be found here: Click!

v1aQnkW.png

http://codex.ragnarokraven.net/rtw/index.php?title=Credits

bLJWbe6.png

Pokémon Sardonyx has a website!

You can follow the development of the game at our Twitter account, @Sardonyx_RtW!

You can email the primary developer of the game at: kudamon@zejroleplaying.org

You can also join our Discord server to communicate with the developers in real-time!​

Last edited:

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
We've set up the wiki at a new domain, and we'll be using the new domain for other aspects of our online presence such as replacing the .weebly entirely. More info on this when these changes happen!

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Reaper
Welp, time for another episode of "Let's See How Long This Update Lasts".

Yeah sorry, still not 3.0, but 2.8. So no new story content again. But we needed to get this one out because we needed to fix an issue with the Version Checker... that was more a cause of Pastebin. While that's a minor issue, we needed to fix this since this was also going to affect Mystery Gift. But yeah, we have our composer Dark/Nebulon Ranger to thank for helping us with a workaround... and by workaround, I of course mean a new domain (as shown by our relocated wiki). So now that's fixed, we should be good.

And to celebrate with the update, which has a lot of changes in general (effect of a lot of code overhauling thanks to Essentials v18.1 dropping), we have a new Mystery Gift. For those who actually fought Valanch in Route 6, you'll remember his Altaran Aron. Well, now's your chance to try it out before it actually becomes available in 3.0.

As for 2.8 itself though, its a psuedocore release (which I actually named correctly this time). As usual, dump your old core in favor of this one. Your saves will be fine so long as they are where they should be.

There will likely be further patches overtime, as despite trying to be as careful as possible, some things might have slipped through the cracks. Otherwise, please bear with us as were are trying to work on 3.0. We're just unfortunately taking forever...

Otherwise, stay tuned once April Fools Day comes around for the return of Groray... And maybe something else...

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
Turns out we were told almost immediately about a bug involving viewing a Pokemon's summary in battle. It's mostly graphical and doesn't seem to cause crashes, but we'll get a fix out soon.

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Reaper
.... This week has been terrible...

So first off, I want to apologize for what's been going on with anti-cheat popping up with these releases. When I assumed something slipped through the cracks last time, I honestly was not expecting that... Especially since I would have assumed that ignoring the two possible cases that have caused it to pop up, most of you have been behaving enough to keep it from showing up at all.

With 2.8.3 now, hopefully we've nipped the issue of anti-cheat popping up when it shouldn't for good. If for some reason you still are running into it, either you've encountered the weird issue of having more than 6 Pokemon (in which case go to the nearest PC and deposit until you have a team of 6 or less to fix this), something else managed to pass by me (which I hope not, because good lord...), or someone's been a naughty player...

The other important thing with this update is an update to the Zoltan battle in Rubina... on Hard mode... The battle is still forced, but Zoltan has decided not to send Volos after you. Instead, he'll send a much weaker- but still somewhat formidable- Pokemon. Defeat him, and you can go on to challenge Volos immediately after if you are still insane enough to. Of course, losing bypasses this completely.

Hopefully it for now. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go walk off a cliff as punishment for my failure. Bye!

splat

Nightshade

Rookie
Apologies random question you know the succubus like mon of the cabin? How do you evolve it to the third stages?

LeoWolfish

Rookie
Ok loving the game so far and have been following for a while now, only started playing recently.
But after looking at the wiki I have a couple of questions though I suspect some might not be in the game yet.

1) Since a mega was designed for it, would I be right in guessing that Kanto Growlithe will be made available via in game trade the same way Alolan Vulpix (based on the wiki), is in future? Or is it already in this version and I am just missing it somehow?

2) How do you get Zigzagoon to evolve into the Flying type Linoone? Because it says on the wiki that both the Normal type Lioone and the new Flying type one evolve from Zizagoon at Lv 20. With no other pre requisites needed?

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
1) Since a mega was designed for it, would I be right in guessing that Kanto Growlithe will be made available via in game trade the same way Alolan Vulpix (based on the wiki), is in future? Or is it already in this version and I am just missing it somehow?
There will be ways to obtain non-native Pokemon. Might be trades, might be suppliers, might be quest-related... etc.
2) How do you get Zigzagoon to evolve into the Flying type Linoone? Because it says on the wiki that both the Normal type Lioone and the new Flying type one evolve from Zizagoon at Lv 20. With no other pre requisites needed?
You know how in Alola, normal Pikachu evolves into the Alolan Raichu? Yeah, that.

LeoWolfish

Rookie
There will be ways to obtain non-native Pokemon. Might be trades, might be suppliers, might be quest-related... etc.

You know how in Alola, normal Pikachu evolves into the Alolan Raichu? Yeah, that.

Interesting, I can't wait to see where the story goes. II shall also go back now and catch Pokémon that have new forms for their evolutions.

Aravindh

Rookie
What is this.
I can't use repels and anything

Attachments

• 16403227129718660428147242033377.jpg
    16403227129718660428147242033377.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 174

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
Groray has been rereleased as a Mystery Gift for the month in April!

Back