• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon AURORA -Released

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
  • Pokemon-LogoPNG1.png
  • RELEASED Download link below please read the thread :)

• Nordea Art.png

• Dear Trainers welcome to NORDEA !

GAME TRAILER:

What is Pokémon Aurora ?

Pokémon Aurora is a Fanmade Pokémon game (like many can be found here) done with RPGmakerXp and Pokémon Essentials (and EBDX mod in particular). The set is in the Nordea Region, a cold but friendly region with many environments.

How is the game built ?

The game has been built like a classic Pokémon game : choose a starter, defeat an evil team, gym leaders and make your way to the Pokémon league. Contrary to some fangames, this is for all ages and players: this means experienced players will enjoy some challenge at the end of the game and post game and love new Pokémon and Pokémon references. But people who never played Pokémon can also learn thanks to a well thought difficulty curve and tips. Indeed some of my friends never played Pokémon and I wanted to share the game with them. But as an experience player, I also love fun gimmicks and challenge, and the game does deliver ! Be ready for between 10 to 16 hours (main storyline) of gameplay depending on your level and reading. (Game in English)

The storyline is similar to Pokémon games with an evil team (though no adult themes) but contrary to most Pokémon game, the scenario is slightly more realistic and secondly it was important for me that all characters, including gym leaders, have roles. So backgrounds are more significant in this game.

Game on essentials 18.1

Are there Fakemons ?

Yes. At least a dozen unique Fakemons and a dozen more regional fakemons. All animated and with following sprites. Some are in the trailer, others in some art that will be posted in Twitter, the rest will be for you to discover !

1641143873917.png

Starters, Ottery (c)AlexTheWoof Bundlecub and Forgenette (c)Nakou

What are the features ?

EBDX is used as main mod but there are others. You will find almost every Pokémon from gen 1 to 5 available as well as a few from gen 6 and 7. Unique moves, abilities and objects are also featured.
Musics comme from various Pokémon games.

List of "unique" features:
Dozens of unique fakemons and fakemon regional variants
Obviously a brand new region of more than 150 maps with unique assets as well
Unique characters and story development
New moves and abilities
Animated sprites for all Pokémon, Fakemon and trainers.

Art follow:

You can find me on Twitter and Deviantart under AlexTheWoofn art will be posted during the next two weeks as teasers !

Credits

Of course as all you guys know on the forum, there are some AMAZING developpers, moders, artists out there who share their work and I cannot stress enough how amazing they are. Without them none of this would have been possible. The game developpement however, has been done by myself.

Special Thanks to my Brother, who beta tested every step of the game,
and to my friends for their support and interest for over 17 months of
game dev !

Thanks to the amazing artists that allowed the use of their
work. If you see some of your work and you are not mentionned,
please let me know:

Game Design : AlexTheWoof

Art from:

Fakemons, characters, sprites, some assets :

AlexTheWoof (myself)
Fakemon design:
Nakou
Ermi
Mush

!/! The Fakemon designs can be found on Twitter or Deviantart. They are made only for the purpose of this game and must not be usedelsewhere, in particular without my or Nakou's permission. !/!

Assets including tilsets and sprites:
Flurmiman
Devitty
Gaia Project
Kyle Dove
Missing Lukey
help-11
Kynoyonian
Csc-A7X
Zand2makes5
Pokegirl4Ever
Fernandojl
Silva-Skies
TyranitarkDark
Getsver-H
Kid1513
Milomilotic11
Kyk666
Kdiamoll
Chocosrwlooid
Syledude
Gallanty
Gizamimi-Pichu
Zyan17
LarryTurbo
PrincessPhoenix
LunarDusk
Sparta
Spritesstealer
Golisopod User
Zingzogs
Rayd12smilty
mej71
Purple2afte
Akizakura16
Freespit
Vectors
dirtywiggles
ultimospriter
magiscarf
jesuscarrasco
peekychew
carchago
derlo
chacoticcherrycake
HeavyMetalLover
Wesley16
Zettavpres852
Xdinky
Vewtiteuf
Alcus
Erma96
Hydragiriven
Poison-Maker
The Deadheroalistair
Shuturg
Skyrdy ghost
Asdsimone
Xxdevil
Steinnaples
Hek-el-grande
Sylver1984
NikNak93
TeaAddiction
CuddlesTheFateat
Gigatom
The-Red-CX
Spriters Ressource
RadicalRaptor
Poltergeist
Mephitopheles
Geoiseux
Neffertity
PkmnAlexandrite
Derlo
Nephae
Phyromantical
MrGela
Akizakura16
NeoSpriteman
VanillaSunshine
PuprleZaffre
AtomicReader
Rayone
Diegotoon20
Omegaling
Claire Starsword
Leparangon
Antiant

Credits for Pokemon Essentials:

Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.

Credits for mods:
(EDBX) Luka S.J.
(Footprints,Shadows) Marin
(Starter) shiney570
(Follower) Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, venom12, mej71

Required Screenshots:

The trailer is much more compellant but here are a few shots:
1641166558998.png

The Sunset Forest is a mystical place, full of fairy types in particular. Don't get too lost in its eerie fog... You'll also find the sunset tower here, which has recently been attacked by Team Cobalt ! Maybe you can save it and find new clues on the legendary Pokémon there...

1641166483941.png

Winterfall is the capital city ! Its massive buildings are a sight to see ! In winter, canal freeze for citizens to skid on. In recent years, a major flood threatened the city. It is said that Latios and Latias saved the citizens by moving away the water with their Pyschic powers... You'll also find an express train there for another city: Daring Harbor

1641166407969.png
Aynu Village, your hometown. It's very quiet and relaxing breeze makes it a very enjoyable environment, and a great place to put a lab, according to Professor Maple ! You can find here in her lighthouse most of the time.

1641166650696.png

The Pokemon league, drawn by myself, is very impressive: it's on the top of the mountains and above the two lakes Aurora and Boreal. The ultimate step of your journey...

V2.1 OFFICIAL RELEASE ON THE 15TH OF JANUARY 2022
V2.2 released 19/03/2022

DOWNLOAD HERE:

Mediafire (recommended)
: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qz5veob79am07o9/Pok%C3%A9monAuroraV.2.2_Game.zip/file
MegaNz:
Simply extract the ZIP and open the exe.file. More info in the adventure manual.
Please do NOT release it as your own and DO NOT make it payware.

Last edited:

ashiapro22

Trainer
Yes I can't wait until the game come out it looks amazing and I love it! 😍
Also are there gyms in this game?
Oh I can't wait until the 15 come.
It look good this Pokémon fangame look so nice when it come out I hope it's completed!

pizzataco890

Trainer

• Dear Trainers welcome to NORDEA !

GAME TRAILER:

What is Pokémon Aurora ?

Pokémon Aurora is a Fanmade Pokémon game (like many can be found here) done with RPGmakerXp and Pokémon Essentials (and EBDX mod in particular). The set is in the Nordea Region, a cold but friendly region with many environments.

How is the game built ?

The game has been built like a classic Pokémon game : choose a starter, defeat an evil team, gym leaders and make your way to the Pokémon league. Contrary to some fangames, this is for all ages and players: this means experienced players will enjoy some challenge at the end of the game and post game and love new Pokémon and Pokémon references. But people who never played Pokémon can also learn thanks to a well thought difficulty curve and tips. Indeed some of my friends never played Pokémon and I wanted to share the game with them. But as an experience player, I also love fun gimmicks and challenge, and the game does deliver ! Be ready for between 10 to 16 hours (main storyline) of gameplay depending on your level and reading. (Game in English)

The storyline is similar to Pokémon games with an evil team (though no adult themes) but contrary to most Pokémon game, the scenario is slightly more realistic and secondly it was important for me that all characters, including gym leaders, have roles. So backgrounds are more significant in this game.

Game on essentials 18.1

Are there Fakemons ?

Yes. At least a dozen unique Fakemons and a dozen more regional fakemons. All animated and with following sprites. Some are in the trailer, others in some art that will be posted in Twitter, the rest will be for you to discover !

View attachment 8374

Starters, Ottery (c)AlexTheWoof Bundlecub and Forgenette (c)Nakou

What are the features ?

EBDX is used as main mod but there are others. You will find almost every Pokémon from gen 1 to 5 available as well as a few from gen 6 and 7. Unique moves, abilities and objects are also featured.
Musics comme from various Pokémon games.

List of "unique" features:
Dozens of unique fakemons and fakemon regional variants
Obviously a brand new region of more than 150 maps with unique assets as well
Unique characters and story development
New moves and abilities
Animated sprites for all Pokémon, Fakemon and trainers.

Art follow:

You can find me on Twitter and Deviantart under AlexTheWoofn art will be posted during the next two weeks as teasers !

Credits

Of course as all you guys know on the forum, there are some AMAZING developpers, moders, artists out there who share their work and I cannot stress enough how amazing they are. Without them none of this would have been possible. The game developpement however, has been done by myself.

Special Thanks to my Brother, who beta tested every step of the game,
and to my friends for their support and interest for over 17 months of
game dev !

Thanks to the amazing artists that allowed the use of their
work. If you see some of your work and you are not mentionned,
please let me know:

Game Design : AlexTheWoof

Art from:

Fakemons, characters, sprites, some assets :

AlexTheWoof (myself)
Fakemon design:
Nakou
Ermi
Mush

!/! The Fakemon designs can be found on Twitter or Deviantart. They are made only for the purpose of this game and must not be usedelsewhere, in particular without my or Nakou's permission. !/!

Assets including tilsets and sprites:
Flurmiman
Devitty
Gaia Project
Kyle Dove
Missing Lukey
help-11
Kynoyonian
Csc-A7X
Zand2makes5
Pokegirl4Ever
Fernandojl
Silva-Skies
TyranitarkDark
Getsver-H
Kid1513
Milomilotic11
Kyk666
Kdiamoll
Chocosrwlooid
Syledude
Gallanty
Gizamimi-Pichu
Zyan17
LarryTurbo
PrincessPhoenix
LunarDusk
Sparta
Spritesstealer
Golisopod User
Zingzogs
Rayd12smilty
mej71
Purple2afte
Akizakura16
Freespit
Vectors
dirtywiggles
ultimospriter
magiscarf
jesuscarrasco
peekychew
carchago
derlo
chacoticcherrycake
HeavyMetalLover
Wesley16
Zettavpres852
Xdinky
Vewtiteuf
Alcus
Erma96
Hydragiriven
Poison-Maker
The Deadheroalistair
Shuturg
Skyrdy ghost
Asdsimone
Xxdevil
Steinnaples
Hek-el-grande
Sylver1984
NikNak93
TeaAddiction
CuddlesTheFateat
Gigatom
The-Red-CX
Spriters Ressource
RadicalRaptor
Poltergeist
Mephitopheles
Geoiseux
Neffertity
PkmnAlexandrite
Derlo
Nephae
Phyromantical
MrGela
Akizakura16
NeoSpriteman
VanillaSunshine
PuprleZaffre
AtomicReader
Rayone
Diegotoon20
Omegaling
Claire Starsword
Leparangon
Antiant

Credits for Pokemon Essentials:

Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.

Credits for mods:
(EDBX) Luka S.J.
(Footprints,Shadows) Marin
(Starter) shiney570
(Follower) Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, venom12, mej71

Required Screenshots:

The trailer is much more compellant but here are a few shots:
View attachment 8379
The Sunset Forest is a mystical place, full of fairy types in particular. Don't get too lost in its eerie fog... You'll also find the sunset tower here, which has recently been attacked by Team Cobalt ! Maybe you can save it and find new clues on the legendary Pokémon there...

View attachment 8378
Winterfall is the capital city ! Its massive buildings are a sight to see ! In winter, canal freeze for citizens to skid on. In recent years, a major flood threatened the city. It is said that Latios and Latias saved the citizens by moving away the water with their Pyschic powers... You'll also find an express train there for another city: Daring Harbor

View attachment 8377
Aynu Village, your hometown. It's very quiet and relaxing breeze makes it a very enjoyable environment, and a great place to put a lab, according to Professor Maple ! You can find here in her lighthouse most of the time.

View attachment 8380
The Pokemon league, drawn by myself, is very impressive: it's on the top of the mountains and above the two lakes Aurora and Boreal. The ultimate step of your journey...

GAME RELEASE AND DOWNLOAD

V2.1 OFFICIAL RELEASE ON THE 15TH OF JANUARY 2022 ON THIS THREAD. STAY TUNED !

Please do NOT release it as your own and DO NOT make it payware.

Dang this game looks so epic I might play first release. It would also be Pokémon Dex to let people plan their team ahead of time. btw how long is first demo going to be?

AlexTheLycanrock

Novice
Dang this game looks so epic I might play first release. It would also be Pokémon Dex to let people plan their team ahead of time. btw how long is first demo going to be?
Thanks so much !

Yes a dex will be available with all catchable Pokémon and the zone.
Actually it's kind of already a full release that will maybe need a bit of tuning. But there is about between 12 to 16h of gameplay :)
Yes I can't wait until the game come out it looks amazing and I love it! 😍
Also are there gyms in this game?
Oh I can't wait until the 15 come.
It look good this Pokémon fangame look so nice when it come out I hope it's completed!
Thanks so much for your enthusiasm ! There are 8 gyms in the game, like a regular Pokemon game :)

pizzataco890

Trainer
Thanks so much !

Yes a dex will be available with all catchable Pokémon and the zone.
Actually it's kind of already a full release that will maybe need a bit of tuning. But there is about between 12 to 16h of gameplay :)

Thanks so much for your enthusiasm ! There are 8 gyms in the game, like a regular Pokemon game :)
I would be also nice to see the starters final typings. The starters look cool and epic but it hard to pick one.

AlexTheLycanrock

Novice
the battle is so slow and sluggish
I'm sorry to hear that !

If the game feels slow here are a few things you can do:

In the game options:
->Text speed to fast
->Turn off battle effects
->Screen size S or M (this is quite important and will help have better graphics)
->Screen border off

In the emulator options (by pressing F1)
->Activate Smooth Mode
->Activate Reduce Screen Flickering

Note that some PCs might have more difficulties than others as well, weather may effect lag as well.

Fe = Iron

Novice
This game in itself does seem quite large, but with not much information, for a complete game, not to mention I do have a few questions and want to talk more in-depth about the game with others. Is something like a Discord server possible? It has my interest.

AlexTheLycanrock

Novice
This game in itself does seem quite large, but with not much information, for a complete game, not to mention I do have a few questions and want to talk more in-depth about the game with others. Is something like a Discord server possible? It has my interest.
Hi H20 !
It's a bit difficult to give information without spoiling haha. However you will find some information in the game folder as well. If you want to know more I'd gladly help !
For the discord server I'd be happy to - I'm just not sure there will be a lot of people on it haha. I have like, 150 players for the moment.
But I'm willing to try. I added a link in the description above. And you will find it here:
I don't guarantee the popularity though haha but feel free to jump in and ask things :)

HumanQualities

Rookie
Just beat the game (plus the main post game mission), took 9 hours. It might not be perfect (some lag in a few places, typos, fakemon sprites can be hit or miss, some tile errors), but the positives outweighed the negatives for me. Very enjoyable and charming game that I would recommend to anyone looking for fakemon fangames!

Here's my Hall of Fame team, Yggdralynx was the MVP for sure.

1644441883207.png

Congratulations on the release and thank you for the game!

AlexTheLycanrock

Novice
Just beat the game (plus the main post game mission), took 9 hours. It might not be perfect (some lag in a few places, typos, fakemon sprites can be hit or miss, some tile errors), but the positives outweighed the negatives for me. Very enjoyable and charming game that I would recommend to anyone looking for fakemon fangames!

Here's my Hall of Fame team, Yggdralynx was the MVP for sure.

View attachment 8763

Congratulations on the release and thank you for the game!
Congratulations on finishing the game !
Thanks so much for playing and for your comment ! It means a lot !

AlexTheLycanrock

Novice
(Double post)

Quick fixes for versions 2.2

1. Few graphics and zones upgrades
2. Few corrected texts
3. Bug on Starter selection : Images not appearing : CORRECTED

Back