• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Plastic Pyrite

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Pokémon Plastic Pyrite

"In a world where dreams become reality...
You shape your destiny."

Welcome to the Captoad region in Pokémon Plastic Pyrite, home to new Pokémon never-seen before!

[tabs]
[tab=Features]
  • Pokémon Plastic Pyrite is filled with all new Pokémon (around 50 at the moment), unique type/stat combinations, and even moves!
  • All original cries!
  • A cool story!
  • Wacky characters!
  • Lots, and lots of music & sound effects.
  • Picking a certain starter creates certain events to happen...

Ba4e60j.png

a0fjjcu.png

[/tab]
[tab=Plot]
Your grandfather, Cleveland, was a renowned Pokégeologist all his life, searching the Captoad region for the six artifacts of Captoad. Said to have mystical abilities, these priceless treasures were created by people and Pokémon working together thousands of years ago...

Cleveland managed to unearth two of these artifacts, but one day some hooligans ransacked his house and got away with these mysterious items. Only one thing is known about these baddies...

V

It's been years since that horrible day for Cleveland, and now he lives a relaxing, debt-full life. Your parents are gone, so your stuck with the gramps. 'Ol Cleveland has been thinking though, and hatches a plan to retrieve what was once his, along with the discovery of the remaining artifacts.

That's where you come in.
EJofmeB.png

[/tab]
[tab=Screenshots]

q4nbWd5.png

d2xeUQu.png

HymFpWC.png

ZEPq37d.png

oPxwule.png

[/tab]
[tab=Credits]
  • Made with RPGMaker XP and Pokémon Essentials. This game was made with the resources and tutorials from the Essentials wiki. I read that wiki. A lot.
  • Dark Digital style Battle UI posted by Aki!
  • Sprites were made by me using a combination of MS Paint & Paint Tool Sai.
  • Cries were recorded also by me using Audacity & Camtasia Studio.
  • Most of the music and sound effects are from various video games, downloaded using YouTube to MP3, then looped in Audacity.
  • Peegeray for listening to me rambling about this game for over a year now. :joy:
  • Deo! Whenever I had a question I'd ask him first. :joy::joy:

This game was originally created for Relic Castle's second Game Jam back in the year 2016. Been working on making this a "full" game since then, so first there's this update to show I'm still working on it! If you played the original Game Jam version, this one adds a new story, characters, and Pokémon.
[/tab]
[tab=Download the demo!]
DOWNLOADS:

Demo v0.7

Note: This demo lets you take on the second gym, and a little bit more after that. There's a handful of sprites and some cries that aren't finished, are temporary, or simply a rough version of them, next update I plan on fixing those...
And the title screen (maybe)!
v0.7 adds new & updated sprites to Pokemon, along with a major bug fix to the second gym! The demo allows you to defeat the second gym, & a little bit more after that.

Known "bugs":
  • the Pokedex only goes up to number 14
  • Some Pokemon are missing or have half-done sprites/cries. These are mostly Pokemon that NPCs use or evolutions (which some Pokemon are prevented to evolve at the moment because of this for now)
  • Uhhhhhhh

Another thing, picking a certain starter creates a new side quest. Each starter is planned to have one, but so far only Monogre has the most work but into it, then Soarrel, & Tailith has... nothing.
Lastly, stats might be a bit wonky. I mainly want to see if there's anything too overpowered so far, along with any bugs, of course! Please let me know if you run into any problems in this thread, or send me a tweet @NuclearOmega

Have fun!

[/tab][/tabs]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 561

Wow I gotta say this is looking really nice! I love all the different fakemon. Imma give this demo a shot, and see how it goes. I'm really excited to play it!

NuclearOmega

AHHHHHHHHHH
Wow I gotta say this is looking really nice! I love all the different fakemon. Imma give this demo a shot, and see how it goes. I'm really excited to play it!
Thanks for the kind words, definitely let me know what you think when you get the chance!

ooo i'm definitely hyped to try out the newer demo! it'd be nice to see how much you've improved from last year!
Ayyyy hope you enjoy it! :joy:

For those playing, what's your team so far? :blush:

Last edited:

ArcWisel

Rookie
The Crank Machine in the First Gym is glitched.. After obtaining the TM pressing it again hangs the game :( . Otherwise the game is pretty great and I like the Pokemon sprites and original cries.

NuclearOmega

AHHHHHHHHHH
The Crank Machine in the First Gym is glitched.. After obtaining the TM pressing it again hangs the game :( . Otherwise the game is pretty great and I like the Pokemon sprites and original cries.
I've had one person say the game crashes when they enter the gym, but I haven't had that or the Crank Machine glitch happen to me no matter what I do.
...Actually it might have to do with the particle system. There's a black, smokey particle that forms on the Crank Machine once you used it once. I removed both instances of it from the gym now.
Hope that fixes it, you can download the newest version up top if you want to try it out!

ArcWisel

Rookie
I've had one person say the game crashes when they enter the gym, but I haven't had that or the Crank Machine glitch happen to me no matter what I do.
...Actually it might have to do with the particle system. There's a black, smokey particle that forms on the Crank Machine once you used it once. I removed both instances of it from the gym now.
Hope that fixes it, you can download the newest version up top if you want to try it out!
Hmm it worked the first time after the fix but it stopped working again once I got Flame Charge..The black particle also appears again.

NuclearOmega

AHHHHHHHHHH
Hmm it worked the first time after the fix but it stopped working again once I got Flame Charge..The black particle also appears again.
Oh wow! The black particle doesn't show up for me anymore in the newest download for me. Either way, I updated the download link above again with v0.3 along with a redone event for the crank machine.
When you talk to the machine you'll now hear the "paralyze" sound effect and the machine should say:

kk34ex3.png

Instead of "Looks like it's broken...".
(kind of ironic)

Let me know if you try it out, because I still can't get the game to crash on me!

ArcWisel

Rookie
Thanks! It works now although the Bug Trainer didn't move thus preventing access to the second Crank Machine. I managed to edit the script so that the trainer will move two steps Left after obtaining Potion.. Link is in PM.

Back