• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Shell [ABANDONED]

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Discontinued
IntroV2 Large.png

Hello there! Thank you for visiting this page! Feel free to leave a comment!

Currently i'm developing this game in which the idea of a pokemon game is totally different.
I am doing this with RPG Maker XP with Pokemon Essentials V19.1

Feel free to join the Discord page!
https://discord.gg/AMDr9QDDra

Update notes:
New Demo version 1.1 - Release of the 2nd badge! (Feb 22th 2022)
Here it is.. The release of Zoros Town, Nomalt City and the Eastern Shore! After obtaining the first badge you go back to the E.R.F. to receive your new objective. You are allowed to choose to what place you visit first, since this doesn't make a difference in the storyline. At both places a challenge occurs which you have to overcome. When both challenges are completed you'll receive the 2nd badge.

Beside these challenges there are a total of 8 new areas that you can explore. Some areas aren't reachable yet, these are prepared for a later stage in the game. The amount of obtainable pokemon has been raised to 55 evolution lines of which 45 can be obtained without limit! These 10 limited are either random gifted pokemon or trades that can be done.

Evolution overhaul
I've chosen to do a major evolution overhaul. Since you can literally buy your pokemon levels and money can be infinitely generated, most evolution levels have raised quite a bit. Trading and happiness Evo's are replaces and completely removed. Also other evolution methods have been defined. On the discord page is a link to the new evolution charts.

Demo ending
When you've obtained the 2nd badge, you can return to the E.R.F. where the professor will give you a score based on how many eggs you have handed in an hatched. Feel free to post your score on the Discord page as well as your final team!

Other minor changes:
  • Different Level encounters on some areas
  • Day/night (in)visibility of some events
  • New beach encounter type
  • Implementation of the new candy graphics
Future plans:
  • Battlebacks suited to all areas
  • Many more mapping!!!
  • 3rd badge will be in a nearby town/city
  • more trade possibilities
  • speed-up option
  • Moveset revision

Say hello to Zoros Town and Nomalt City! (Jan 20th 2022)
After your fight in Hillside Town, you return to Professor Rowan to receive your next objective. These two new places are where those are objectives can be completed. Within these two new places another badge can be obtained and more rewards can be received.

Zoros Town:
Zoros Town.PNG

Nomalt City:
Nomalt City.PNG

Please note that these images might not be the final versions of the map, i still am considering some changes..

Working on the storyline, mapping and creating tiles takes a lot of time. There will not be a demo version for every small update.
These posts are just to keep you updated and interested in the project!

Further plans:
  • More mapping, storyline and all that stuff
  • Major move overhaul (editing existing moves and adding new ones)
  • A lot of trading possibilities
  • More different types of eggs

Pokemon Shell Demo Download Link:

Last release: February 22nd 2022

General Information:
The biggest changes to the regular kind of game:
  • Wild eggs which can be found in nests
  • Wild pokemons are rare
  • Pokeballs are RARE, i mean, EXTREMELY RARE
  • Selling Pokemon will be thing
Also, the basic routes are way bigger so it feels way more like an open world.
Most routes have at least 3 accessable connection points.

Ofcourse, not all pokemon are receiveable by finding eggs, a whole lot of them have to be obtained through a trading sequence.
This means you'll never be able to complete the pokedex in this game. It will contain 450 species from generation 1-4.

From the different eggs that can be found in the wild 76 different pokemon can be hatched! The eggs are shown in the introducing picture.
Nests.png

Also, since battles are unusual, each type has it's own favorite candy which can be bought in the market.
Candies.png

Here a image of the entire world
This Image will be updated with the progression of the map.

Current Version: Feb 22nd 2022
Map - Feb 21th 2022.png

Walkable Area:
Walkable Area - Version: Feb 16th 2022
Walkable area - Feb 16th 2022.png
For size comparison, here are some in-game screenshots
1.PNG
2.PNG

3.PNG
4.PNG

Credits:
Credits to the creator(s) of Pokemon Essentials.
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
...and everyone else who helped out

Gen 4 HGSS Tileset (Inside)
Akizakura16

Brendan and May sprites
GreenWithAwesome

Rock Climb HM
Original Script:
Ulithium_Dragon

V18 & 19 support:
DarrylBD99

NPC Megapack (resource by SoulfulLex)
Maribel Hearn and Renko Usami sprites courtesy of Hemoglobin_A1C (Playable Characters in Touhoumon fangames).
HGSS OWs in FR Style courtesy of Delta231, Mimi, M.vit, and Kimoras."
Accurate" Fire Red Overworld Sprite ResourceAvatar: Psychic (Male), Rich Boy, Cue Ball (Dismounted)
Aveontrainer: Lass, a lot of bases for Emerald's Overworld Sprites
Daman: Professor Ivy, Professor Ivy's Assistant
Kalarie: Aroma Lady, Blackbelt, Burglar, Crush Girl, Dragon Tamer, Engineer, Juggler, Lady, Pokémon Breeder, Psychic (Female), Rocker, Tamer, Twin, Young Couple, All Anime Sprites
MrDollSteak: Cue Ball, Cue Ball (Dismounted), Painter, PokéManiac, Pokémon Ranger (Male), Pokémon Ranger (Female)
Pokésho: Various First Frames of Anime Overworld Sprites
Spherical Ice: Biker (Dismounted), Bird Keeper, Expert (Male), Expert (Female), Kindler, Ruin Maniac
FRLG Pokédude Backsprite Ripped by Tsuka
Koiking Player Sprites courtesy of pixiv
FRLG Style RSE NPCs, ORAS Brendan and May courtesy of Poffin_Case
Gen 4 and 5 Trainer sprites and PBS Courtesy of Mr. Gela/theo#7722
FRLG Cynthia, Hilbert, Hilda, Ethan and Lyra Sprites courtesy of Pokésho, Marnic, Reign, and KisiroKitsune
TR Grunt courtesy of Othienka
Brendan and May Extra Sprites courtesy of GreenWithAwesome / 15avaughn
HGSS Ethan and Lyra Back Sprites 0.2; Ripped by Tsuka from Spriters Resource. Original graphics by Game Freak. Formatted by Ozander.
PUBLIC OrAs Protagonists GBA Back and Front Sprites by Solo993; Additional Front Sprites by hyo-oppa

PartyPlus v4.0.1
PokeMiner20

Hoenn Gym Leader with ORAS color palette
ChromusSama / Shir0n (both usernames are fine)
Nintendo - GameFreak - The Pokémon Company => Original B2/W2 battle sprites and characters
Please if you see that i'm missing someone who definately deserves credits for their resources or for anything else, contact me and i'll adjust this post a.s.a.p.
It is not my intention to steal anything and i'm really grateful for all the resources that i've received.

Content related to me:
Pokemon - Legend of Eevee : https://eeveeexpo.com/threads/3696/

Attachments

• Map - Feb 8th 2022.png
    Map - Feb 8th 2022.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 215
  • Map - Feb 16th 2022.png
    Map - Feb 16th 2022.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 268
Last edited:

BigOOF

Novice
With the current progress right now i can say that next week the new demo will be there! I'm almost finished with the two new areas that we're added on the map update of Februari 16th. The next town will have to wait though. I'll provide a list at the patch notes of what's been added in the new demo

Fe = Iron

Novice
Have you considered making a Discord for this game? I find them to be much easier to communicate in with people, instead of flooding the comment section of games. This game looks quite beautiful, will probably try it out later, but I wanted to bring it up, since announcements, bugs and/or feed back would be easier to give. Keep it up though, have a nice day/night depending upon your timezone/when you read this.

BigOOF

Novice
Have you considered making a Discord for this game? I find them to be much easier to communicate in with people, instead of flooding the comment section of games. This game looks quite beautiful, will probably try it out later, but I wanted to bring it up, since announcements, bugs and/or feed back would be easier to give. Keep it up though, have a nice day/night depending upon your timezone/when you read this.
There is a discord link on the main page, but i'll copy it for you: https://discord.gg/kGMPZv2u
Thank you a lot for the compliment and you have a nice day too

BigOOF

Novice
New Update: Demo Version 1.1 Released! 2nd Badge obtainable!
IntroV2 Large.png

The newest Demo version of Pokemon Shell is now obtainable through the following link: Pokemon Shell Demo V1.1
With this update the two new towns earlier released are fully accessable in combination with the areas leading up to them!

The biggest changes in this update:

• The 2nd Badge is now obtainable. This is the 'end' of this demo.
  • Major Evolution overhaul: On the discord page is a link to all the new evolutions!
Other changes can be found in the patch notes on the main post!

Future plans:
  • Battlebacks suited to all areas
  • Many more mapping!!!
  • 3rd badge will be in a nearby town/city
  • more trade possibilities
  • speed-up option
  • Moveset revision
For now, please enjoy the new demo version!!
BigOOF

Last edited:

BigOOF

Novice
Hi yall!

I've been out of the running for quite some time now. I hope that you're having fun playing the demo!
I'm going to pick the development back up again. For this, my first plan is to redo the entire tileset.

A lot of people advised me to keep the 2x2 pixeldensity as a standard while creating tiles, so that is what i'll have to do first.

While working on that, i want to set up a list of things you guys want me to improve, redo, have a look into, whatever...
For that i refer to the discord page set up for this fangame: https://discord.gg/66fyACdwRq

I hope you will help me with a batchload of ideas to get to the goal of 8 badges!

See ya!

BigOOF

BigOOF

Novice
Sad news everyone..

I've decided to give up on this game. All the work that i'll have to do remapping all the areas just is too much. I'm starting a new project similar themed. Random eggs, no pokeballs and one big open world. Just not as big and complicated, just not as many eggs.

I'm going to use the new tileset that i've been working on. I'm planning on taking the process really slow. Don't expect a thread soon..

I'd like to thank everyone who gave input for the game...

Back