• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon The Lost Jewels of Poke-Island

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
GAME TITLE.png

~ Pokémon The Lost Jewels of Poke Island ~
Version Snow [BETA 0.1]

NOTE : IF EVER YOU ARE PLAYING THIS, IF YOU EVER REACH THE LOCATION "GUSTY GROUNDS." PLEASE USE THAT AS YOUR FINAL SAVE POINT. EVERY LOCATION NEXT TO SAVANNA HAS STILL SOME PROBLEMS THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED. THANK YOU AND ENJOY!

TEAM

ImagiNATIVE - Lead Developer | Mapper | Spriter | Eventer | Story and Concept
Rosamond - Writer | Story and Concept
Aiyinsi - Mapper

TechSkylander - Custom Scripts

MADE USING

RPG MAKER XP and POKEMON ESSENTIALS VERSION 18

ABOUT

The Lost Jewels of Poke island is a relatively short game about a city in the midst of a mysterious island, once a developing, happy city, it is reduced to an area of torn memories and eerie solitude. Hoping to rejuvenate the city, you are summoned to restore the glory and beauty of the city, all faith rests in you to carry out the hopes of the pokemon who have tried and failed to save the city from the gnawing destruction.

However...in the crumbles of the island resides an overwhelming aura, it is willing to break all minds in its quest of acceptance. The question is, would you discard it like THEY did? Or would it ever realize that the perfect could never be accepted among a city of flaws?

SCREENSHOTS

FINAL PICS.jpg

FEATURES

ITEM BANK
OVERWORLD ENCOUNTERS
AUTO PILOT ITEM

NOTES

This was actually my 1st ever Entry for the Game Jam and at the same time my 1st ever released game. There are a lot of errors, due to lack of time. I don't know what to say but, this game was made with a lot of hardwork, efforts and passion in it. We didn't manage to playtest the whole flow of this Version, if ever you encounter some BUGS, you may contact us at our Discord Accounts.

ImagiNATIVE - ImagiNATIVE#4728
Rosamond - Rosamond#2840
Aiyinsi - leilou#5723

TechSkylander - TechSkylander1518#1085

RESOURCES

DOWNLOAD LINKS

CREDITS

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin Boushy
MiDas Mike Brother1440
Near Fantastica FL.
PinkMan Genzai Kawakami
Popper help-14
Rataime IceGod64
SoundSpawn Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end KitsuneKouta
Venom12 Lisa Anthony
Wachunga Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

Ekat
Dawn Bronze
Heartlessdragoon
TheDeadHeroAlistair
Calis Projects
Cilerba
Magiscarf
DaNerdyDude
XDinky
KyleDove
Arma
aiyinsi
Alistar
aveontrainer
Kane89
Kyle Dove
Pokemon Reborn Team

Modified by DeepBlue PacificWaves
Special thanks to Shashu-Greninja, that help with the implementation of the ZUD Compatibility Patch
Scrolling Background inspired by Mr. Gela's HGSS Trainer Card Scene

IV Ratings on Summary Screen
Adapted from Lucidious89's IV star script by Tommaniacal

Stat Screen Upgrade (EVs and IVs in Summary)
By Weibrot, Kobi2604 and dirkriptide
Converted to BW Summary Pack by DeepBlue PacificWaves

Graphics Ripped by DeepBlue PacificWaves
Font Ripped by Ploaj

-BW Save Screen
HDrawer
shiney570 (for the original script)

-BW Pokedex

-BW Storage System
Modified by DeepBlue PacificWaves
Graphics Ripped by DeepBlue PacificWaves, Barubary and redblueyellow

-BW Door Animation
Marin

-TAPU OWSPRITES
Zender1752

-BW Sign Windowskins
by DeepBlue PacificWaves

-GEN8Style ItemFind Description
Bonzeet

-Visible Overworld Wild Encounters V18.0.8 for PEv18
by derFischae

-Aki's Battle UI and Summary Screen
Aki

"RPG Maker XP" by: Enterbrain
Pokémon is owned by: The Pokémon Company Nintendo Affiliated with Game Freak This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended. Please support the official games!

Last edited:

ImagiNATIVE

Rookie
It freezes on extracting "Misty Trees" for me every single time. Could you perhaps provide a zipped download or something?

It freezes on extracting "Misty Trees" for me every single time. Could you perhaps provide a zipped download or something?
I uploaded the whole file in zip/rar format. If ever you experience any more problems feel free to message me! <3

Porygon2

Novice
There's a strange error with the Sandy Beach map where entering it seems to cause some kind of overlap with the Grassy Steep map. The tiles from the Grassy Steep are still on the screen when you're at Sandy Beach, and they move around when you move. The Sandy Beach NPCs are still there and I used them as landmarks to keep track of where I was.

Also, when the Wooper's Quagsire parent enters the scene after the Wooper was saying goodbye to the Luvdiscs, the game freezes.

I used RPG Maker to get myself past those bugs and continue the game.

A non-game breaking one: after you've recruited Bayleef to the city, if you go back to the grove where Bayleef was originally, it'll be there again in front of the berries, wishing you luck with planting them. Bayleef being back there doesn't erase Bayleef being in the city.

I liked the atmosphere of this game, I felt happy whenever I helped Pokemon and recruited them to the city!

NocTurn

Hoothoot enthusiast
Hey! Just finished up until the point suggested to me by the developer, Gusty Grounds. I have a lot to say about this game, it's got some good and some bad. So let's get into my list.

Pros:
  • The mapping! I have to mention this one first because it's always the first thing I notice as a mapper myself and as a player. Ekat's tiles are really used to their fullest potential here and the fogs do a great job at hightlighting the maps.
  • The concept is really fun, I always like the types of games with one central hub that builds up over time, and I like how that's all due to your efforts and the experiences you gain with these Pokemon.
  • The music was very pleasant. I had a good time with it, and it highlights the game fairly well.
  • Overworld Pokemon! I liked how I was given a choice as to wether or not I'd like to engage in encounters., especially considering how much backtracking the game has.
Cons:
  • Balancing. This is especially bad at the start, what with the level 15 Purugly and all, but it got really bad later in the game especially with the distance between healing spots. That made traversal really difficult, and not in a fun engaging way.
  • Dialogue. This is the point I really hit or miss on with most games, but the dialogue here is pretty bland and uninteresting. None of the characters engaged me in any way, and it was really the standard faire. Plus, there were a lot of typos. Periods missing, Pokemon not capitalized, etc.
  • Backtracking. There was too much of it, and maybe a fast travel system plus more frequent healers would have helped, but the town wasn't central enough to really justify how many times we had to go all the way back there by foot. I had to play on Debug just to avoid walking all the way back there so many times.
  • The story could have been better. It was really standard, and this isn't really supported by the fairly bland dialogue either.
That's it! Could have been better, could have been worse. I can tell this is a first game so I can't wait to see what the developer does next and how they advance as a creator. Cheers!

There were actually too many bugs. I couldn't include them all in this spoiler so I'll send the rest via Discord)

Couldn't get the fonts to work on Em for some reason? I'm sure I downloaded them. All the other options are fine.
Screenshot (116).png

Passability issue (there are a lot of these)
Screenshot (117).png

Nonturning NPCs
Screenshot (118).png

Passability issue
Screenshot (119).png

PI (I'll just abbreviate them like this)
Screenshot (120).png

PI
Screenshot (121).png

This exit doesn't actually go anywhere
Screenshot (122).png

Overlapping tiles
Screenshot (123).png

PI
Screenshot (124).png

Overlapping tiles
Screenshot (125).png

PI
Screenshot (126).png

PI
Screenshot (127).png

PI
Screenshot (128).png

Overlapping tiles
Screenshot (129).png

PI
Screenshot (130).png

Cut off flowers
Screenshot (131).png

PI
Screenshot (132).png

PI
Screenshot (133).png

Overlapping tiles
Screenshot (137).png

Error while using items in battle
Screenshot (138).png

Infinite candy
Screenshot (139).png

No floating
Screenshot (140).png

PI
Screenshot (142).png

PI
Screenshot (143).png

Overlapping tiles
Screenshot (145).png

Invisible 2nd Crawbrawler
Screenshot (146).png

There were a bunch of items here before I even deposited any
Screenshot (147).png

PI
Screenshot (148).png

PI
Screenshot (149).png

PI
Screenshot (150).png

Not floating
Screenshot (151).png

Infinite event
Screenshot (152).png

Infinite event again
Screenshot (153).png

Infinite event
Screenshot (154).png

(...I don't remember what this one was, but I screenshotted it)
Screenshot (155).png

Nonturning NPC
Screenshot (156).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (134).png
    Screenshot (134).png
    303.2 KB · Views: 231
  • Screenshot (135).png
    Screenshot (135).png
    385.2 KB · Views: 229
  • Screenshot (141).png
    Screenshot (141).png