• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Twilight: Extended

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
aoiwTA3.png

Intro:
A Great Darkness Awaits... AGAIN!

As some of you may know, Pokemon Twilight was my submission for the 2017 Game Jam! It was the first game I had ever released, so it had a LOT of problems... XD Anyway, Pokémon Twilight was a rather short game, and there was a lot I didn't get to add because of the time constraint of the jam. That being said, I now am making an extended version, Pokemon Twilight: Extended! Here is a summary of the Old Pokemon Twilight:
Pokemon Twilight is a game that takes place in the Isla Region, a region composed of four islands, three smaller islands surrounding one larger island. Each of the small islands have altars dedicated to one of the three Swords Of Justice (not counting Keldeo). Legend has it that at these altars, you will find the Swords of Justice who each guard an Ancient Relic. These Relics are said to open the gateway to the mysterious Realm of Shadows, an alternate reality that runs parallel to our world. You take control of a young kid from Lakebed Village, a small town in the center of the largest island, Kelda Island. The regional Professor, Professor Camphor, has asked you to go on a quest to collect all three Ancient Relics from the altars. Professor Camphor studies the relationship between our world and the Realm of Shadows, and so it has been his goal to visit the Realm of Shadows. He gives you one of three starter Pokémon, Spoink, Riolu, or Zorua. He sends you off on your mission, and along the way you meet the sinister Team Twilight, and organization who plans to open the gateway themselves, so they can merge our world with the Realm of Shadows. As you progress you take down Team Twilight in order to reach the three altars. Each altar has an admin of Team Twilight who was sent to capture one of the Swords of Justice. Defeating them forces them to leave with the Swords of Justice, who leave behind the Ancient Relic they were guarding. Will you be able to stop Team Twilight from merging the Realm of Shadows with our own, or will the world be plunged into an eternity of evil and chaos? Depending on the outcome of the two final battles, Pokémon Twilight has six possible endings! After defeating the game once you are taken to just before the battles, and can complete each ending, as well as complete multiple post-game events! In addition, there are multiple secrets that I have hidden to make the game a bit easier, but if you would like a challenge, feel free to stay away from the secret nerfs! Not all the secrets are nerfs however, some are hidden legendaries or items. Be sure to check places you've visited before, because after completing the game once there are a few hidden areas you can now reach! I would also like to point out that you can rematch the three Admins once you have defeated the final boss once, so if you would like to battle them with a full team of six Pokémon you can! I hope you enjoy Pokémon Twilight!

Now, Pokemon Twilight: Extended promises to be very different from the regular old Twilight, and so I'll give you a new summary!

Welcome to the Isla Region, a region that I certainly did not name in 3 seconds based off the fact that it is made up of a bunch of ISLAnds... (I was on a time constraint so my ideas were not the greatest, but the name stuck so it's making it into Twilight: Extended anyway lol) You play as a young child from Lakebed Village (again, I was on a time constraint and it stuck...) who has been chosen by Cresselia to help save the Realm of Shadows, a universe that runs parallel to our own, the Realm of Light. The Realm of Shadows is being threatened by a great calamity that has been named the Dark Shadow, a substance that drains all color from the world and threatens to destroy the Realm of Shadows and everything in it! Along with it this Dark Shadow brings forth terrifying beasts known as Twilight Pokemon, and since the Realm of Shadows had existed without any normal Pokemon in it, these are the Pokemon you will encounter in the Realm of Shadows, and they are all of the mysterious Twilight Type! Twilight Pokemon take very little damage from and do very little damage to any normal Pokemon, and they super effect on all Twilight Pokemon. (Mechanics subject to change) You soon meet Professor Camphor, who gives you your first Pokemon and explains that he wants you to help him gather three Ancient Relics so he can open a portal to the Realm of Shadows and complete his research. Little does he know that you have the ability to travel between the realms, but you decide to help him open the portal because you know he cannot travel along with you between realms. You meet up with either Jason or Skyla (depending on your gender), the Chosen One from the Realm of Shadows, who takes you to the Realm of Shadows to meet Professor Acacia, the regional professor of the Realm of Shadows' Isla Region. She gives you your first Twilight Pokemon, and then sets you and your rival off to help stop the spread of the Dark Shadow! She also explains that an evil organization known as Team Twilight has been wreaking havoc in both realms, and claims that Team Twilight is the source of the Dark Shadow. She knows that Team Twilight has been targeting the three Ancient Relics in the Realm of Shadows, and so she sends you off to go stop Team Twilight. As the story progresses you will discover many secrets, battle strong foes, and attempt to save both realms of existence. Whether you succeed or not is up to you, and the game will have a variety of endings, new and old, for you to attempt to achieve. If you played the old Twilight, forget everything you know about the plot, because there are new plot twists around every corner! Trust no one, or trust everyone, who knows what the outcome of this game will be?! I hope you guys enjoy this new rendition of Pokemon Twilight!

Game Screenshots:
WTfWBjP.png
QiRwcwF.png

xVlSHKa.png
aYk241L.png
3E2nDik.png
PIkcpvK.png
g7tFe7W.png
XKnypo3.png
a6KSYcN.png
sFaoQFO.png

huilhF0.png

swNhcuM.png

Piv3a8K.png

bPNMY9D.png

VokAYKY.png

Old Pokemon Twilight Game Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?sjep5fkkegfgk72

Made Using:
RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials GS.

Resource Pack:
https://www.mediafire.com/?0als8om155drx0j
(Direct Download, includes Graphics and Audio)

Credits:
POKéMON TWILIGHT
was created by:
Fakemon123

Music ripped from:
POKéMON ESSENTIALS
POKéMON ESSENTIALS GS
POKéMON EMERALD
POKéMON PLATINUM
POKéMON BLACK 2
POKéMON RANGER: GUARDIAN SIGNS
POKéMON MYSTERY DUNGEON: EXPLORERS OF SKY

All art from POKéMON ESSENTIALS GS
(Modified by Fakemon123)

POKéMON ESSENTIALS
was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
With contributions from:
Boushy<s>Near Fantastica
Brother1440<s>PinkMan
FL.<s>Popper
Genzai Kawakami<s>Rataime
Harshboy<s>SoundSpawn
help-14<s>the__end
IceGod64<s>Venom12
Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>Wachunga
KitsuneKouta<s>xLeD
Lisa Anthony<s>
and everyone else who helped out
POKéMON ESSENTIALS GS
was created by:
COMBOY
3rd, 4rd &
5th generation
POKéMON devamped
sprites made by:
COMBOY<s>DarkDoom3000
Koolboyman<s>AkaiIsamu
Neslug<s>NICKtendo DS
Wes<s>pokekoks
Mighty Jetters<s>Alpha Six
Jeremy<s>Lockerz102
JoshR691<s>Koopaul
Parasect047<s>Ike
ClawedNyasu<s>Layle
SengirDev<s>Devicho
Special thanks to:
THE SPRITERS RESOURSE
Maruno
FL.
Umbreon
Pia Carrot
kcgcrazy
mej71
out written
kiedisticelixer

RPG MAKER XP by:
ENTERBRAIN

Also, feel free to join the new Twilight Discord for updates, Beta Testing, concept art, and more! Here's the link!
https://discord.gg/bZbFK2N

Last edited:

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
So for I've played through the game it is amazing! Keep up the good work man! Can't wait to see more games in the future by you.

Haha thank you! I have never focused too heavily on fangames in my life due to the issues Nintendo has with them, but now that I had so much fun making this I'm trying to come up with some manageable ideas for this year. Glad you like it, it means a lot!

Shgeldz

:eyes:
Congratulations on
-Releasing your first game
-Getting through the Jam
-Getting it in first!

I'm excited to play this, will probably stream in a block with a buncha other Jam games, but just from what you've posted and written about the game, I'm into the idea. I think Puzzle solving is something that Pokémon is sorely lacking, and the light/dark world teaser in the title screen has me excited from some ALTTP/ALBW level shenanigans.

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Congratulations on
-Releasing your first game
-Getting through the Jam
-Getting it in first!

I'm excited to play this, will probably stream in a block with a buncha other Jam games, but just from what you've posted and written about the game, I'm into the idea. I think Puzzle solving is something that Pokémon is sorely lacking, and the light/dark world teaser in the title screen has me excited from some ALTTP/ALBW level shenanigans.

Thank you! And YUSSS TLOZ!!!! Lol. Can't wait to watch you stream it! I might add onto this idea and create a full length game focusing more on the Realm of Shadows, but I'm not sure haha. I just got about half way through Twilight Princess, and I've been obsessed with it, so that's why the team is Team Twilight and the title, so I based it kind of off of that, but ALTTP/ALBW is probably similar too. (Haven't played those yet, I'm one of those noobs who got into Zelda from BOTW so...) Anyway, thanks again, and I hope you like it!

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Hey guys, just wanted to report a bug to you quick. If you talk to the youngster in Route One he will loop what he says and you won't be able to get out of it. He also talks to you when you pass in front of him, but that doesn't loop. Sorry about that, and I will fix all other bugs after the judges judge the games.

Last edited:

Greninjauzumaki

pika pika
Awesome Game Fakemon 123

I am now in Cobalt ruins and I am battling some grunts. I was lucky enough to catch a shiny zubat which I think is kind of uncommon( because it's shiny).Keep it up and I am waiting to play more of your games in the future.

Good Luck.

AliGamerFTW

Rookie
Hey congratz, this game is absolutely amazing
but can u help me on how to change the fonts to the original one?
plz reply quickly cuz i wanna play this game as quickly as possible!

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Hey congratz, this game is absolutely amazing
but can u help me on how to change the fonts to the original one?
plz reply quickly cuz i wanna play this game as quickly as possible!

Hey! All you need to do is go into the game's folder, open the folder titled Fonts, and double click all of the fonts to install them on your computer. If you need any more help just ask, and I hope this helps!
Awesome Game Fakemon 123

I am now in Cobalt ruins and I am battling some grunts. I was lucky enough to catch a shiny zubat which I think is kind of uncommon( because it's shiny).Keep it up and I am waiting to play more of your games in the future.

Good Luck.

Haha thank you! I'm glad you like it, and congrats on the shiny! I'm hoping to make more games soon, as this game seems to be doing pretty well. I am planning on making an extended version after the jam that will focus even more on the Realm of Shadows, so look forward to that!

Last edited:

CyndaKory3

My favorite pokemon is yes you guessed it
I see you used RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials GS. I am a novice trying to make my own gen 2 fan game. Where could I download this?

pokebrah

Rookie
Does this game have physical/special split?

Gonna download and check this out courtesy of herovoltsy

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Does this game have physical/special split?

Gonna download and check this out courtesy of herovoltsy

Umm... I'm not positive on this but I think each move has a physical or special property instead of types having those properties. The battle mechanics are more styled after gen 5.

BIGJRA

Novice
Enjoying it so far. Love how I have a rocking team based only on Route 1. Noticed a few bugs -- in the Cobalion Island cave, if you backtrack up a ladder it forces you into the otherwise off-screen tiles on the intended map. Another bug -- if you exit the 2nd boat guy's house, the exit warp is the FIRST boat guy's house. This wasn't the end of the world I thought, but it crashed my game as I entered the starting city from Route 1 while trying to get back to Route 2.

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Enjoying it so far. Love how I have a rocking team based only on Route 1. Noticed a few bugs -- in the Cobalion Island cave, if you backtrack up a ladder it forces you into the otherwise off-screen tiles on the intended map. Another bug -- if you exit the 2nd boat guy's house, the exit warp is the FIRST boat guy's house. This wasn't the end of the world I thought, but it crashed my game as I entered the starting city from Route 1 while trying to get back to Route 2.

Thanks for the report! I haven't encountered any of these bugs, but I have seen Let's Plays that encountered a similar glitch to the sailor house in Jessie and James' house so that could've been something I didn't catch. There have been bugs that aren't in my original file that occur during the download process for some people, but I am not sure. I am on vacation so I can't test this out myself, but if someone else could that would be great! If not I will check it myself. Thanks again for reporting, and I'll do my best to fix it!

Oh, and I'm glad you're enjoying the game!!! :)

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123

Hey, just wanted to update you, I have seen people make YouTube videos that have the sailor glitch, I will fix that when I can. As for the other one I am not too sure on what that is so I'll check it out when I get back on Monday.

IdaFuglsang

Rookie
I've played the game for about half an hour, and I have to say I enjoyed it :) Although there were a few flaws and glitches (such as the yongster on route 1, and some map edges) none of them were big enough to be real problems. If you give it some polish, I think it could turn out great!

I've made a game for the game jam myself, and I would appreciate it if you'd check it out! Thanks!

Back