• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed The Tower of Hats V1.2

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
NuscTDf.png

Team:
Elle - Lead Dev & Doing Everything Except:
Infamous - Trainer Team-Building Help
SMB64 - Translation (Not Yet Included)
Eurons - Custom Scripting

Made Using - RPGMaker XP & the Pokemon SDK kit
Theme "Rejuvination":
Added

Average Runtime: 1.5 - 2 Hours

liZtkbv.png

Summary
It's been a tough year for the protagonist, Camille. Having recently been denied entry to a big tournament, she was hoping to join, a new hope arose when an invite came in the mail to a brand new tournament! Out on a tropical island, the "Tower of Hats" tournament resides for you to re-claim hope, joy and victory! Though it may be a short game, are you ready to become the tournament champion?

Features
  • Several locations to explore, steeped in lore and detailed atmosphere!
  • A unique set of Pokemon to catch and train as you climb the battle tower!
  • 6 instant-catch Pokeballs and no PC; creating a more serious need to strategize!
  • PSDK's lovely features including unique UI, multiple saves and smooth FPS!
  • Unique regional variants to battle by enemy trainers!
  • The chance to play as Camille, an unused trainer found in the files of Pokemon Masters!
  • The story of a girl, surpassing her depression and finding her purpose in life!

Dev Notes:
  • For the current version of PSDK, not all moves and abilities work for Pokemon, so be aware of that.
  • Previously there were trades, but they were removed since their code was breaking the game.
  • Fakemon don't have party sprites when showing battle abilities; I just wasn't able to make them.
  • I have no idea where you will end up if you use Teleport or Dig outside of battle, so save first just in case.
  • Some moves say they can't be used, but it's just because their effects aren't added. The majority of the moves work.

Known Issues (unfixable) :
  • The Battle-End music continues to play even after a battle if you have caught a Pokemon. To reset the area's music you can leave the area, press f12 to soft reset or enter another battle.
  • The same happens sometimes when you lose a wild battle; can only be fixed with a soft reset.

Resource Pack

Warning:
This game may contain scenes of some dark themes such as discussing depression and death. This is not recommended for a younger audience.
[Download]

# PSDK Related Credits

## Pokémon Universe
Game Freak, CREATURES INC. et The Pokémon Company

### Graphic Engine

## Backend
SFML

## Contributors
Scorbutics || nthoang-apcs
SuperFola || Nuri Yuri

### Audio Engine

## FMOD
FIRELIGHT TECHNOLOGIES PTY LTD

## SFML Audio
SFML

### Movie Engine

## SfeMovie
Loïc Siquet || Alexandre Janniaux
Martin Bohme || Martin Bohme
Xorlium || timidouveg
Stephan Vedder || Laurent Gomila

## API & Wiki used to develop .25
PokeAPI || PokemonDB
Poképédia || Bulbapedia

## PSDK Contributors
Nuri Yuri || Aerun
Rey || SirMalo
Leikt || Palbolsky

## PSDK Wiki
Aerun || Akiyra
Bugfix || buttjuice
Guizmo || Jaizu
Metaiko || Mud'
Nuri Yuri || ralandel
Rey || SMB64
yyyyj || Zenos

## DataBase
AEliso || Aerun
Avori || Bentoxx
dragon935 || Eurons
joeyw || Mauduss
Nuri Yuri || Palbolsky
PokeAPI || RebelIce
Tokeur || Redder
Schneitizel || Walven

## Translation
Aerun || Dax
Eduardo Dorantes || Gehtdich Nichtsan
Helio || Jaizu
Kaizer || Leikt
PadawanMoses || Rey
SirMalo || SoloReprise
SMB64 || yyyyj

## Ruby Host
Aerun || AEliso
Bentoxx || Buttjuice
Maxoumi || Nuri Yuri
Splifingald || yyyyj

## Other Contributors
Amras || Anti-NT
Aye || Bentoxx
BigOrN0t || Bouzouw
Cayrac || Diaband.onceron
Fafa || Jarakaa
Kiros97 || Likton
MrSuperluigis || oldu49
Otaku || Shamoke
Solfay || sylvaintr
UltimaShayra || Unbreakables

# Resource related credits

### Pokémon Sprites

## Gen6 Pokémon Battlers (including megas)
Amras || BladeRed
Diegotoon20 || Domino99designs
Falgaia || GeoisEvil
Juan-Amador || N-Kin
Noscium || SirAquaKip
Zermonious || Zerudez
Smogon XY Sprite Project ||

## Gen7 Pokémon Battlers (including Alolan)
Alex || Amethyst
Bazaro || conyjams
DatLopunnyTho || Falgaia
fishbowlsoul90 || Jan
kaji atsu || Koyo
Leparagon || Lord-Myre
LuigiPlayer || N-kin
Noscium || Pikafan2000
Smeargletail || Smogon
princess-phoenix || The cynical poet
Zumi ||

## Gen8 Pokémon Battlers
WolfPP
conyjams

## Pokémon Offsets
Don

### Icon Sprites

## Animated Pokémon icons
Pikachumazzinga

## Gen7 Pokémon icons
Otaku
Poképedia

## Item icons
Maxoumi (Brick icon & ADN Berserk)
yyyyj (Pink Ribon icons)

### Texts

## Official Pokémon X/Y Texts
Kaphotics || Peterko
Smogon || X-Act

## Official Sun & Moon Texts
Asia81

### UI Design

## Alpha Ruins puzzle
FL0RENT_

## Default Message Windowskin
ralandel

## Key Binding UI
Eurons

## UI by SirMalo
Pokédex
Party Menu
Bag

## UI by Mud'
Language Selection UI
Options UI
Load & Save UI

## Quests UI
Renkys

## UI by Aerun
Shop
Battle

## Trainer Card
Eurons

## Mining Game UI and resources
Aerun || Bentoxx
redblueyellow || Rey

## XBOX 360 keys
Yumekua

### Animations

## Gen6 Battle Entry
Jayzon

## PSP Animations
bibiantonio || ghioa
Metaiko || Isomir
KLNOTHINCOMIN ||

## Shiny Animations
Neslug

### Miscellaneous

## Battle Backs
Elle aka Midnitez-REMIX

# Special Thanks
PSDK would never have happened without Krosk
the former creator of Pokémon Script Project
which introduced Nuri Yuri to
Pokémon Fangame Making in 2008.

-------------------

# The Tower of Hats Related Credits

## Main Team
Elle aka Midnitez-REMIX
InfamousTrainer
SMB64
Eurons

## Tilesets
Aldo
AnonAlpaca
Ekat
Elle aka Midnitez-REMIX
Heartlessdragoon
Hek-el-grande
Idilio
J-Treecko252
Kyle-Dove
LaPampa-Fr
Pokemon - Fire Red & Leaf Green
Pokemon - Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald
Sefti
Seiyouh
TheDeadHeroAlistair
Vurtax
XDinky
Zein
Zeo

## Sprites
AnonAlpaca
AutumnSpire
Aveontrainer
Atsui
Bobbity
Elle aka Midnitez-REMIX
FloatzelKing
Galanium-Arts
Idilio
JaviGarni
King-Tapir
Kyle-Dove
Leparagon
LogiedanT-T
Lumio
LunaMaddalena
Magiscarf
Mid117
Mcjo
RBRNNova
Schwarzenacht
Scotsman

## Misc. Graphics
Aveontrainer
Carchagui
Doki Doki Literature Clube
Elle aka Midnitez-REMIX
Pokemon Masters
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky
Pokemon - Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
Princess-Phoenix

## Music
Doki Doki Literature Club
.Hack// GU
Eternal Sonata
Pokemon - Sun & Moon
Pokemon - Sword & Shield
Pokemon - X & Y
The Last Of Us

## Pixabay Muisic:
JuliusH
NaturesEye
SergeQuadrado

# Sound Effects
## Pixabay SFX:
BeeProductive
dylanh.sound
EdR
Fronbondi Skegs
Molkko
NachtmahrTV
RICHERlandTV
Shelbyshark
tierrafilm
Unfa

Attachments

• TitleArt.png
    TitleArt.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 35,423
  • ScreenSet.png
    ScreenSet.png
    189.2 KB · Views: 11,519
Last edited:

nix_at_nite

Rookie
Loving this so far. I'm doing a scout-playthrough so that I can attempt to optimize and Nuzlocke it--love the balancing of the different trainers so far, love how easy it is to get access to resources so that you can focus on team-building and strategy stuff.

Also, I just adore the concept. Is there a posted pokedex showing the new forms and/or what pokemon are available that I missed? just got absolutely rocked by a Froball, and was absolutely pleasantly surprised by the cool design, but I wanna see what else is new!

Reginald says "Hi!"

Attachments

• Reginald.JPG
    Reginald.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 133

Elle

Maker of Many and Finisher of Few
Loving this so far. I'm doing a scout-playthrough so that I can attempt to optimize and Nuzlocke it--love the balancing of the different trainers so far, love how easy it is to get access to resources so that you can focus on team-building and strategy stuff.

Also, I just adore the concept. Is there a posted pokedex showing the new forms and/or what pokemon are available that I missed? just got absolutely rocked by a Froball, and was absolutely pleasantly surprised by the cool design, but I wanna see what else is new!

Reginald says "Hi!"
Thank you! I was actually wondering if someone might nuzlocke it; I'm too intimidated to try, but I'd totally watch it happen. There actually isn't a Pokedex, I thought it would be more fun to make people guess at what they are facing. In any case, I hope you and Reginald do great; I'm sure you will! When you finish the game, I'd love to see your final team. :D

nix_at_nite

Rookie
Thank you! I was actually wondering if someone might nuzlocke it; I'm too intimidated to try, but I'd totally watch it happen. There actually isn't a Pokedex, I thought it would be more fun to make people guess at what they are facing. In any case, I hope you and Reginald do great; I'm sure you will! When you finish the game, I'd love to see your final team. :D
Admittedly, just given the concept and format, I think I'm gonna have a tough go of it--making due with the first pokemon I see will be exceptionally difficult. I also typically play with a level cap rule, so this is looking to be pretty brutal. That said, I'm incredibly excited, and I'll let you know how it goes!

Will definitely be posting my final team--and I'll let you know what happens on the next playthrough!

nix_at_nite

Rookie
Oh, on that same note re: level caps--I don't need a full list of pokemon or anything, but would you be able to tell me what the highest level pokemon is for each of the four hats, so I can make sure not to overlevel?

Elle

Oh, on that same note re: level caps--I don't need a full list of pokemon or anything, but would you be able to tell me what the highest level pokemon is for each of the four hats, so I can make sure not to overlevel?
Sure thing!

Red Hat - Lv.14
Green Hat - Lv.21
Pink Hat - Lv.26
Blue Hat - Lv.32

On a side note, if you need a bit of training before the tower, I'd recommend checking out the Training Hall. In the foyer, head left to the trophy room and take the bottom exit. They have trainers with Pokemon from Lv.3-6, so that can help a lot in gradually reaching your goal.

nix_at_nite

Rookie
Sure thing!

Red Hat - Lv.14
Green Hat - Lv.21
Pink Hat - Lv.26
Blue Hat - Lv.32

On a side note, if you need a bit of training before the tower, I'd recommend checking out the Training Hall. In the foyer, head left to the trophy room and take the bottom exit. They have trainers with Pokemon from Lv.3-6, so that can help a lot in gradually reaching your goal.
Perfect, thank you so much!

nix_at_nite

Rookie
Good luck! I'll be around for the rest of the day if you need any more help. 👍
Ah! The game ended so quickly, I wasn't able to grab a picture of my team!

Reginald, the Camerupt,
Drezzy, the Drifblim,
Poppy, the Brionne,
Luna, the Lurantis,
Shelby, the Crustle
Sorbet, the Vanillish

Tons of fun, and while I think there's a couple of tweaks I'd like to see implemented, I'm really hungry for more of this. Going to compile my notes and see what this Nuzlocke looks like--I think this is turning into the rest of my evening, haha.

Elle

Ah! The game ended so quickly, I wasn't able to grab a picture of my team!

Reginald, the Camerupt,
Drezzy, the Drifblim,
Poppy, the Brionne,
Luna, the Lurantis,
Shelby, the Crustle
Sorbet, the Vanillish

Tons of fun, and while I think there's a couple of tweaks I'd like to see implemented, I'm really hungry for more of this. Going to compile my notes and see what this Nuzlocke looks like--I think this is turning into the rest of my evening, haha.
I love Brionne, it's one of my favorite starter middle stages. Nice to see someone use a Crustle, I always find it gets overlooked. Anyway, I appreciate you sharing your team, playing in general and look forward to hearing more about your locke!

Almeidarts

Rookie
Just finished the game yesterday, and had a really good time!
Only having 5 Pokéballs to build my team was very unique and really fun. The whole thing was also consistenly gorgeous! Each and every map was really beautiful and well designed, in many I just stayed still for a time just admiring the scenery! I particularly loved the little schools of fish Pokémon, that was a really charming touch.
The battles were also really fun, and the fact that the trainers had some new forms and Pokémon to them made every battle unique! (Although I wish we could get some of those Pokémon... Gorochu my beloved...) And the hats themselves were really well designed!
Overall I enjoyed it quite a lot, but there's is one little grip I have.
At the end of the little treasere gathering sidequest, there really isn't any reward? It isn't a huge dealbreaker since the treasure is really easy to find, but it still feels weird. She just says that she'll give us a letter at night, so I thought it would be after we defeat all of the hats, but the game just ends, so I was left scratching my head.
At the end of the day it's just me nitpicking, and I had lots of fun with the game! Well done!

Elle

Just finished the game yesterday, and had a really good time!
Only having 5 Pokéballs to build my team was very unique and really fun. The whole thing was also consistenly gorgeous! Each and every map was really beautiful and well designed, in many I just stayed still for a time just admiring the scenery! I particularly loved the little schools of fish Pokémon, that was a really charming touch.
The battles were also really fun, and the fact that the trainers had some new forms and Pokémon to them made every battle unique! (Although I wish we could get some of those Pokémon... Gorochu my beloved...) And the hats themselves were really well designed!
Overall I enjoyed it quite a lot, but there's is one little grip I have.
At the end of the little treasere gathering sidequest, there really isn't any reward? It isn't a huge dealbreaker since the treasure is really easy to find, but it still feels weird. She just says that she'll give us a letter at night, so I thought it would be after we defeat all of the hats, but the game just ends, so I was left scratching my head.
At the end of the day it's just me nitpicking, and I had lots of fun with the game! Well done!
Awesome, congrats on finishing!
Thank you, I tried to put my best in all my maps, so I appreciate the compliment. Also yeah, I wish I could have added the fakemon too, but sadly, no backsprites available.
There is secret content and the reward is tied into it. Granted the secret content is very hard to find, so I can imagine it would be a little disappointing.
Regardless, thank you and thanks for commenting!

Elle

The Tower of Hats v1.1 is out! Comes with some event fixes, typo corrections and level adjustments! To move to the new game, take the files from your old "Saves" folder and put them in the new game's Saves folder. Make sure to delete the old game file as well.

Elle

Made a rookie mistake; flipped one wrong switch and broke the fogs in half the maps in the game. Flipped that switch back to normal, patched, all set.

JoyceK

Rookie
I apologize if this is a repeat question, or I'm just missing something obvious but is there a way to change the screen size? The screen window doesn't have the option to enlarge the screen and there isn't anything in the options menu. Or was this not meant to be played on a PC?

Last edited:

Elle

I apologize if this is a repeat question, or I'm just missing something obvious but is there a way to change the screen size? The screen window doesn't have the option to enlarge the screen and there isn't anything in the options menu. Or was this not meant to be played on a PC?
As far as I know, for this version of the game, there is no screen size option, sorry.

JoyceK

Rookie
As far as I know, for this version of the game, there is no screen size option, sorry.
Just wanted to make sure. The screen is the size of a GBA's screen, so I thought I missed something.

Back