• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Shikari

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
dsfdsafdsa.png

* Pokémon Shikari *

* About *

Set in the cyberpunk future of Mirai City, play as Masumi, a battling prodigy.
Your sister, Akira, a famous popstar has been kidnapped, and it is up to you to find her!
Will you be able to save your sister? Or will she stay lost forever?!

This game was made for the Relic Castle Game Jam 7, and was made in a month!
Unfortunately, due to delays in development, meaning, of course, this isn't the full game I wanted to put out.
I definitely plan on continuing development, so please look forward to the full game!

* Screenshots *​

Collage.png

* Features *​

* Double Battles *
People in Mirai City fight differently! Control two Pokémon at once,
and prove yourself as a Double Battle Master!

* Unique Gameplay *
Find Pokémon in unique ways! Explore dumpsters, alleyways,
quite a few trades, and side quests to find Pokémon!

* Exploration Focused *
Explore the unique location of Mirai City, and all that it has to offer!

* Important Links *

If you experience a bug, want to offer feedback, or just want to chat,
feel free to join the Discord server!

* Team *​

MewTheMega
BrysoonYe
Idilio
Riddle

* Credits *​

Team

MewTheMega
BrysoonYe
Idilio
Riddle

Credits List

Art

Aki
AnonAlpaca
ChaoticCherryCake
Chimcharsfireworkd
DiegoWT
Flurmimon
FoxyTomcat
Gallanty
Kalisar
Kauzz
KingTapir
Kyle-Dove
Magiscarf
Princess-Phoenix
PurpleZaffre
The-Red-Ex
WesleyFG
WilsonScarloxy
Zeo254

Gen 8 Project

2and2makes5
Aioross
Alaguesia
Chocosrawlooid
DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
DarrylBD99
ErwanBeurier
Fernandojl
Gallanty
Getsuei-H
Gizamimi-Pichu
Golisopod User
HM100
Kid1513
Kymoyonian
Kyt666
KyurejL
Larry Turbo
LarryTurbo
Leparagon
Luka S.J.
LunarDisk
MFilice
MapleBranchWing
Marin
Maruno
Milomilotic11
MissingLukey
Pokegirl4ever
Princess-Phoenix
Rhyden
SageDeoxys
Silver-Skies
Smogon XY/SM/SWSH Sprite Projects
Syledude
TheKandinavian
TheToxic
TintjeMadelintje101
Turn20Negate
Tyranitar-Dark
UberDunsparce
Veekun
Vendily
WolfPP
Zeak6464
Zerokid
Zyon17
cSc-A7X
help-14
kdiamo11
lolface
piphybuilder88
spritesstealer

Music

Emdasche
GlitchxCity
Raushna
Kunning Fox
VanilluxePavilion
Vetrom

Scripting

Avery
Blizzard
Carmaniac
FL
Fantastica
Golisopod User
Khkramer
KleinStudio
Luka S.J.
Marin
Mr Gela
Siegfried
Voltseon

Pokémon Essentials

Flameguru
Poccil
Maruno

Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

mkxp-z

Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

RPG Maker XP

Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

Special Thanks

AC
Raion
Riddle

I am open to any and all feedback! Please feel free!

Last edited:

whichfahim

average Pokemon enjoyer
This game looks so cool! The artist did such a good job! I love the aesthetics! And the premise too! Can't wait to play it!

Aurora

Trainer
Ok,this is amazing!!The mapping,the story,the quests. Sadly, i will wait till it's finished, because the updates aren't my thing.

NocTurn

Hoothoot enthusiast
Hey there! Just finished my playthrough, I actually have a lot to say about this game- but I'm also hesitant, due to my limited perspective as a middle class white American. I don't necessarily have the credentials to talk that much about the message/morals of the story, but if I do mention it, please keep my limited perspective in mind.

I won't go into too much detail about my points, but I'll make a quick pros and cons list just to summarize:

Pros:
  • The opening cutscene. Clearly a lot of work went into the camera movements, dialogue, sprite work, etc. and I just wanted to take a moment to praise that personally.
  • The maps. Oh. My. GOD. Mew, you outdid yourself here- the tiles, the layout, the blimp flying overhead... All so so so excellent. Hats off to you, my friend.
  • Mon selection was, despite on first glance limited, actually fairly good the later you got into the demo. I haven't talked about this much in my other reviews but this one is much more battling heavy so I felt like I should.
  • Pacing was excellent, except for the opening with Masumi. I felt like too much exposition was happening at once and too many scenes were overlapping.
Cons:
  • Balancing. I had to talk about this one, because it's something I struggled the most with. I felt like I was simultaneously overleveled and underleveled at the same time, with my starting team members regularly outpacing the rest of the team by 5 or even 10 levels in portions. Also, all of the Pokemon I received via gift near the start were vastly underleveled- at level 30, compared to the nearby trainers hovering around 45. It made training up new team members a chore, and the grinder that was 10 levels behind didn't help either.
  • The dialogue was really cheesy and unsubtle at times. From characters sometimes straight out calling Masumi "rich person scum" to Masumi outright accusing the reporters of liber on live TV, it really felt like there was a disconnect between the serious tone the story was trying to make compared to the corny and less serious dialogue.
  • The story, at times, was incredibly unsubtle. And I mean that in the best way possible. But Masumi asking "how can someone live like this" basically three times along with multiple NPCs mentioning it and the Nurse in the hospital? I couldn't have gotten the message any clearer. Show don't tell (which you did, again, with those amazing maps!)
  • A lot of easily fixable errors that could have been caught with playtesting. Things like grass not having the bush property or improper priority on tiles.
  • Pokemon healers were nonexistant. I found it irritating to go back to the Socialite every 10 minutes, traveling through 3 different maps. There could have easily even been a healer in the Slums' hospital.
The cons section looks a bit longer than the pros mainly because I had more to say there, rather than just "good." Please don't take this as an indicator of the game's quality. It is an excellent demo and worth your time. Props to everyone on the team.

(May be intentional, Primarina was our sister's Pokemon wasn't it?)
Screenshot (71).png

Hair flips incorrectly while running
Screenshot (72).png

Typo, I think? Unsure.
Screenshot (73).png

Masumi can walk through walls (more at 8!)
Screenshot (74).png

Improper formatting
Screenshot (75).png

Priority issue
Screenshot (77).png

All garbage cans have this priority issue
Screenshot (79).png

This map needs to be extended just slightly.
Screenshot (80).png

Priority issue with box
Screenshot (83).png

Missing bush property, mentioned above. I believe this also happens in the Dump as well.
Screenshot (84).png

MegaMew47

Under the truck
Hey there! Just finished my playthrough, I actually have a lot to say about this game- but I'm also hesitant, due to my limited perspective as a middle class white American. I don't necessarily have the credentials to talk that much about the message/morals of the story, but if I do mention it, please keep my limited perspective in mind.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write out this lengthy review, I really appreciate it! Balancing and dialogue are definitely two things that I need to improve on, so hearing some of your tips and thoughts about it really helps, thank you!

Hey Mew! I just finished the game, and it was good!
Pros:
  • The tileset is sooo beautiful. You guys did an incredible job with the aesthetics of the game! I also love the big contrast between the slums and the city.
  • The music choice was perfect. The Driftveil City remix by Vanilluxe is one of my all-time favourites!
  • I love how there are so many interactable objects and how every trashcan/bookshelf/fridge had different events. (I definitely put my head inside the trashcan, and I don't regret it.)
  • I had absolutely no problems with the maps! The mapping was excellent.
Cons:
As NocTurn said, the battles could be a lot better. I'm not going to repeat the same things, but there are a couple of things I want to add:
  • I don't think giving trainers full restores is a good idea; it just makes battles drag on for longer.
  • I would recommend decreasing the number of trainers or the number of Pokemon per trainer. I blacked out multiple times because I technically only had Rotom/Primarina (The gift Pokémon were too low levelled).
Nitpicks:
  • More healing spots would be nice.
  • No victory and evolution music. 😞
  • The battle UI is a bit too dark, so it's a little hard to see the moves.
1628839783726.png

A couple of bug reports:
  • The Mime Jr. encounter in one of the houses doesn't disappear after battling it.
  • You can get an infinite amount of fishing rods from the fisherman in the park :P
Even though the balancing can be improved, I still enjoyed this game! The graphics are gorgeous, you're a great artist!
Good job on this, looking forward to future updates! ^^

MegaMew47

Under the truck
Patch 0.1.3 has been released, and fixed various bugs. Download the ZIP and extract the contents into your main folder, and allow override. Download Patch 0.1.3

Changelog 0.1.2:
  • Various event Pokemon's levels have been increased.
  • Healers can now be found in the Park District, as well as the Slums.
  • Fixed various typos, and priority issues.
  • The infinite Mime Jr. and Fishing Rod bugs have been fixed.
  • Fixed a crash involving trading.
Changelog 0.1.3:
* Fix a bug from the last patch.

Last edited:

Sailorxraven

I exist!
Just finished playing it, the maps are amazingly well done, there were a few errors here and there but they didn't really take away from the experience.
f9ef491655e77d02c4a89abc4cd06673.png

The back of the bench is above the player in priority.
9e9a9fd340339c13a0ebd6bce8984ec3.png

The Nurse's nameplate is messed up for this bit of dialog.

ebffc67de4ca5dd81f6e3e2f8819aaa8.png

The box and the table don't get along nicely

Yash

Rookie
It contain some bug Pls send discord invite before one is expired
Screenshot (132).png

Last edited:
Back