• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Run Rattata Run (Godot)

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Joyous.png
RUN RATTATA RUN!
A tiny infinite runner in Godot Engine

Game Title: Run Rattata Run

Game Screenshots:
Godot_v3.3.2-stable_win64_K0ETJ8dScf.png
Godot_v3.3.2-stable_win64_LTcxIH3ref.png
Godot_v3.3.2-stable_win64_nDCsAn6KRV.png
Godot_v3.3.2-stable_win64_mZ0NIqOMAB.png
Godot_v3.3.2-stable_win64_ZlS5b4n4tI.png
Godot_v3.3.2-stable_win64_uLiRNWf6qq.png
Game Download: Mediafire Download (15mb)
Made Using: Godot Engine
Team: AiurJordan
Notes: A dip of my toes into my first "real" game-engine, this is a simple infinite runner with a Pokémon flavor. Departing from RMXP was tough, programming gets a lot harder (or at least different)! But hopefully I can continue to use Godot more and produce a more full-fledged game in the future! Total project time was about 12-16 hours. I know that these screenshots are barebones but there really is not a lot to see, it's a very simple game which was supposed to be a learning experience in a new engine.
Resource Pack: Pack
Credits:
Amida Forest BGM : KH Insider Rips
Death Sound Effect: Godot Engine (MIT) - (author is not specified)
PMD Sprite Repository
-SNORLAX PMD Sprite : CHUNSOFT
-FEAROW PMD Sprite : CHUNSOFT
-RATTATA PMD Sprite : CHUNSOFT
-RATTATA PMD Portrait (icon): CHUNSOFT
-GIRATINA PMD Sprite: CHUNSOFT
Tileset Graphics
Pokemon Essentials Base Tileset
Youngster OW
Pokemon Essentials Base Trainers

Last edited:

AiurJordan

twitch.tv/aiurjordan
Although Godot can export to android i dont think this game will play well one one, you wouldn't be able to see with your fingers in the way, not to mention i dont want to install the android API it's pretty large.

NocTurn

Hoothoot enthusiast
Played a bit of this, could only get to about score 61. I will say that I found the level system a bit confusing? Like, what was increasing my level? At one point it even went down I think. Score was linear so that was easy enough to understand. I do think it would have benefitted from some sort of collectable item, like coins or money, etc. Otherwise, good first fore into a new engine!

Samdeman123124

Novice
Aesthetic: 8/10
Charm: 9/10
Writing: N/A
Graphics: 9/10
Music: 8/10
Mapping: N/A

Overall: 8/10 (Recommended)

• Very addicting and charming
  • Good implementation of Pokémon
  • Loops well
  • Balanced relatively well

• Why Giratina?
  • Trainer walks backwards without changing to back view sprite
  • Levels are confusing
  • Very few unique species of Pokemon (Understandable, though)
  • Comes with Debug window?

Couldn't find any! :)

Good job! You succeeded at making a good game! That's a big accomplishment, especially given you switched to a new engine for this jam.

Sailorxraven

I exist!
A simple yet fun game, the only suggestion I can think of is perhaps adding something that keeps track of the highest score, if possible

Back