• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Modern Quest System + UI

Resource Modern Quest System + UI 1.1.0

West

The Comeback Kid
The system works the same as it did in v19.1.
Next, find this line:
commands[cmdPokegear = commands.length] = _INTL("Pokégear") if $Trainer.has_pokegear
Paste this below it:
commands[cmdQuest = commands.length] = _INTL("Quests") if hasAnyQuests?

Finally, find this line:
elsif cmdPokegear>=0 && command==cmdPokegear
Paste this chunk of code above it:

Ruby:

elsif cmdQuest>=0 && command==cmdQuest
pbPlayDecisionSE
pbFadeOutIn {
pbViewQuests
@scene.pbRefresh
}
This works the same as well?

SebastiaanZ

Trainer
Does the color work? I define a color in the activateQuest step, but it just shows a bold black color instead of the one chosen. To be clear I choose one of the standard ones that were in the original files from this resource, green.

MishaKozlovacki

Novice
Does the same code used in the instructions for implementing it on the pause menu applies similarly to implementing it into the Pokegear? Just making sure

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Does the same code used in the instructions for implementing it on the pause menu applies similarly to implementing it into the Pokegear? Just making sure
Yes.
Ruby:
MenuHandlers.add(:pokegear_menu, :quests, {
  "name"      => _INTL("Quests"),
  "icon_name" => "quests",
  "order"     => 50,
  "condition" => proc { next hasAnyQuests? },
  "effect"    => proc { |menu|
    pbFadeOutIn {
      scene  = QuestList_Scene.new
      screen = QuestList_Screen.new(scene)
      screen.pbStartScreen
    }
    next false
  }
})

MishaKozlovacki

Novice
Yes.
Ruby:
MenuHandlers.add(:pokegear_menu, :quests, {
  "name"      => _INTL("Quests"),
  "icon_name" => "quests",
  "order"     => 50,
  "condition" => proc { next hasAnyQuests? },
  "effect"    => proc { |menu|
    pbFadeOutIn {
      scene  = QuestList_Scene.new
      screen = QuestList_Screen.new(scene)
      screen.pbStartScreen
    }
    next false
  }
})
Oh ok. Thank you so much

MishaKozlovacki

Novice
If I were to see it (whether it be from PokeGear or Main Menu using Voltseon's Pause Menu, what should I do so that it pops up and all is successful?

GangstaNerd

Madness is like gravity
Ran into an issue with the Quest system. I have 23 quests in the game and it won't work passed that amount. I added a 24th quest and kept getting an error. So I added a 25th as a test and it gave me the same error. Does this quest system have a maxed-out amount of quests? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Compiler Screen.PNG
    Compiler Screen.PNG
    53.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Error Message.PNG
    Error Message.PNG
    123.3 KB · Views: 118
  • Quest Script.PNG
    Quest Script.PNG
    121.8 KB · Views: 113

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
If I were to see it (whether it be from PokeGear or Main Menu using Voltseon's Pause Menu, what should I do so that it pops up and all is successful?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. If you have a quest, you should see "Quests" or something similar as an option in your pause menu.
Ran into an issue with the Quest system. I have 23 quests in the game and it won't work passed that amount. I added a 24th quest and kept getting an error. So I added a 25th as a test and it gave me the same error. Does this quest system have a maxed-out amount of quests? Any help is appreciated.
Not to my knowledge. Your error isn't complaining about the number of quests, though. It says it can't find :Quest24. I can see your quest data file has unsaved changes. Maybe that's the issue?

GangstaNerd

Madness is like gravity
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. If you have a quest, you should see "Quests" or something similar as an option in your pause menu.

Not to my knowledge. Your error isn't complaining about the number of quests, though. It says it can't find :Quest24. I can see your quest data file has unsaved changes. Maybe that's the issue?
I tried saving it and fully compiled it before and after loading the game still get the same error. It's odd because all the other quests work except 24 and on. It has been working fine up until this point and all I do is copy and paste the one above and make my edits within it.

MishaKozlovacki

Novice
Oh ok. My apologies. Thank you. And all the instructions to create one were mentioned, correct? I was just wondering if you view quests in a Pokegear or on the Main Menu. Thats all. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Back