• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource [v16/v17/v18/v19/v20/v21] Cable Club 3.7

Leondrea

Trainer
wth google cloud, why not a free server or a free cloud system?
I have to ask my parents for their credit card, I know they wont say yes, so thats stupid.
There must be another way of making a trade, battle and wondertrade script without any payings and complicate server based programming skills, like Maria DB.

Refrain

Ref:rain
wth google cloud, why not a free server or a free cloud system?
I have to ask my parents for their credit card, I know they wont say yes, so thats stupid.
There must be another way of making a trade, battle and wondertrade script without any payings and complicate server based programming skills, like Maria DB.
You can make your own server 😁

Jukes

Cooltrainer
I think I have this all set up right but how do we connect to each other in the first place?

on pbCableClub i get this error

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 15 (coords 35,8), map 22 (South City)
Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `pbCableClub' for #<Interpreter @event_id: 15>

***Full script:
pbCableClub

Backtrace:
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
033:Interpreter:143:in `eval'
033:Interpreter:143:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter_Commands:1112:in `command_355'
034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
033:Interpreter:133:in `block in update'
033:Interpreter:90:in `loop'
033:Interpreter:90:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:160:in `block in update'
032:Scene_Map:159:in `loop'

Last edited:

Jukes

Cooltrainer
1690325549883.png

So this is all my server shows when running it but when trying to connect I geta message saying the cable club is down at the moment.
Itried this on my own computer as well as another computer on my network. Im running v20.1

Can you assist @Vendily ?

Vendily

Elite Trainer
Vendily updated [v16/v17/v18/v19/v20] Cable Club with a new update entry:

v21 and a Whole Lot More

v21 ported very nicely, with a grand total of 4 new lines to get it to work with the same code as v20. And none of them were AI related. It was Record Mixer.

All versions get a bump up in version number, and some long standing bugs are fixed.
The biggest, affecting all versions, is a struggle related bug fix. So move data is sent differently now.

v16\v17\v18 versions get a fancy new MersenneTwisterRandom class, much like the Random class used by v19+ versions of the script, to avoid...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Vendily

Elite Trainer

Vendily

Elite Trainer
Vendily updated [v16/v17/v18/v19/v20/v21] Cable Club with a new update entry:

Adjustments to Record Mixer, New Examples, and Forgotten Features

The RecordMixer now has a "prepareData" property, to set up variables before they are written or parsed.

A new RecordMixer example has been added to the thread, an implementation of Gen 2's Mystery Gift feature.

The v16\17\18 version of the script was missing the Event that triggered when the online trainer type was changed. The feature has also been documented in the user manual.

Read the rest of this update entry...

silentgamer64

Novice
Is there any way you could rework this to add the option for a p2p connection instead of relying on a server? I get the appeal of connecting with randoms online for battles and trades, but p2p has a strong case for existing too.

Maybe it can work with a friend code/game build code to verify the connection between peers?

Vendily

Elite Trainer
Is there any way you could rework this to add the option for a p2p connection instead of relying on a server? I get the appeal of connecting with randoms online for battles and trades, but p2p has a strong case for existing too.

Maybe it can work with a friend code/game build code to verify the connection between peers?
Technically, nothing stops you from hosting your own server, if the player has access to the PBS files themselves (or they modify the server python to allow everything, and not check the PBS at all). You can use the serverinfo.ini file to point the game at a different Server IP.

But I'm not familiar with P2P networking, sorry.

SalamenceOnTop

Novice
If I use my PC as a Server (localhost), my friend cannot battle me. He get the message, that we server are offline

Vendily

Elite Trainer
If I use my PC as a Server (localhost), my friend cannot battle me. He get the message, that we server are offline
You may need to port forward the server so that your friend can access it, but I don't personally provide any support on port forwarding.
There should be websites on it though if you google your router's manufactuar or your service provider and "port forward"
Which Pokemon can I use?
Generally, outside of debugged mons, they should be considered valid, but you can change the logging level of the server to debug to get an exact play by play of party validation. This is described in the user manual as well, during the server testing portion.

Vendily

Elite Trainer
Where can I change the logging level to debug?
cable_club.py --log=DEBUG, though this is detailed in the user manual, under the heading “I'm sorry, your party contains Pokémon not allowed in the Cable Club.” I spent like half a week on that manual, please read it.
Which other server can I use?
As mentioned in the manual, I am only familiar with Google Cloud. While I am aware that other users of the cable club have self-hosted solutions, I am not familiar with the details of those servers outside of the cable club itself. Maybe AWS or Azure?

Please read the manual.

MakerBlack

Trainer
Hello, I came to leave a report for possible improvements in the next versions

1. Compatible with a move if a Beedrill learns the move only when it is a Kakuna.
2. Add the Pokémon battle history to the DEBUG LOG. For example:
Viana ID: XXXXX won a battle against Pedro ID: XXXXX in a Single Battle.
3. If possible create a room where players connect in a "Search" system. This will generate possibilities for searches to be filtered based on the number of badges or anything else.

Anyway, see you soon, looking forward to the next updates.

Back