• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource [v16/v17/v18/v19/v20/v21] Cable Club 3.7

Maq47

Novice
@Vendily Will setting the HOST line in the python script to 127.0.0.1 instead of the 0.0.0.0 detailed in the guide cause an issue? I just now noticed I did it, and that may be a problem...

Vendily

Elite Trainer
@Vendily Will setting the HOST line in the python script to 127.0.0.1 instead of the 0.0.0.0 detailed in the guide cause an issue? I just now noticed I did it, and that may be a problem...
Yeah, if you're using Google cloud, it has to be 0.0.0.0
127.0.0.1 is local host, so I don't think it can escape your computer at all.
You might have to use a LAN IP address 192.168.X.X, and set up port forwarding if you're running the server on your computer, you know, like Minecraft, but I never tested online with a port forwarded IP.

Maq47

Novice
Yeah, if you're using Google cloud, it has to be 0.0.0.0
127.0.0.1 is local host, so I don't think it can escape your computer at all.
You might have to use a LAN IP address 192.168.X.X, and set up port forwarding if you're running the server on your computer, you know, like Minecraft, but I never tested online with a port forwarded IP.
@Vendily I changed it to 0.0.0.0, rebooted the VM, but still get the same issue. So it's definitely something wrong with the Ruby script. It still says it's using 35.208.55.35 instead of what I set it to as well.

Maq47

Novice
1651006209289.png

Hit count is 0 here, meaning it never connects to the server in the first place.

Edit: Oh, wait, that's because logs are off. I'll turn them on and test again later.

Maq47

Novice
@Vendily Okay, it was DEFINITELY user error... I used the provided plugin IN ADDITION to adding a script to the game manually, but the plugin said 35.208.55.35 for the IP, while the actual script was correct. I'll provide my tester with a fix, then test again in a minute. Thank you for being patient with me. You should probably make it clear that you should only use the plugin, and not add a script, if using PE v18+, because the directions made it super unclear. I'll admit that this is also on me, but I can imagine that someone who isn't computer literate will make the exact same mistake by following the guide word for word.

Last edited:

Maq47

Novice
@Vendily Is there a place to set how long to wait for the other player in frames? We have a speedup plugin, and I realized that with it set to max, it gives less than a second to connect to the other player. Also, is it normal to get the equivalent message of ECONNREFUSED when a player doesn't connect to you in time? If not, then I have a diffferent issue now.

Edit: So, the startup script is not working, so I need to manually start it. Now it seems to be working okay.

Maq47

Novice
@Vendily is there a reason why the startup script you listed isn't activating on startup?

1657040249262.png

With the above, I still need to manually start the script vis SSH. Doesn't python need an option in order to use a script as an argument, though? I know Java needs the '-jar' option in order to launch a JAR file, for example.

Edit: I just saw this:

1. You need to change the python script's PBS property to "./home/YOUR_USERNAME_HERE". YOUR_USERNAME_HERE is the green part of the name before the @. This sets it to the home folder that you log into, adjust further if the PBS files are in a sub folder.

So, I think it may, again, be user error. Sorry!

Edit: Okay, this is the contents of my cable_club.py file. In other words, it appears to be correct, unless that 'r' is not supposed to be there, but it was already there when I downloaded, so I chose not to delete it, because I thought it might be code for 'read' or 'read-only':

1657040892863.png

Edit3: Okay, final edit. DEFINITELY user error again... The filename is NOT 'cable_club.py', it's 'cable_club_v19.py', so that's why autostarting didn't work... You seriously should add that to the OP, Vendily.

Last edited:

Vendily

Elite Trainer
Vendily updated [v16/v17/v18/v19] Cable Club with a new update entry:

v20, 'nuff said

Sure, v20 has been out for a while, but I've been very busy. But now I'm free.
And that means updates, and with is, a new major number, because I'm pretty sure that's how SemVer works, and I can't be bothered to double check.

I know that trades and battles still work of course, and I haven't reintroduced previously fixed bugs insofar as I'm aware, based off the bug fixe comments I left in the code.

v20 already has a sufficient version of mkxp-z so you do not need to update your mkxp-z...

Read the rest of this update entry...

systeromen_

Novice
If you have base game scripts being edited in PluginScripts, does Cable Club load those edits correctly, or just the base game scripts?

Sr.Haruno

Pokémon God - Creator
Does it has team preview? I would like to see a bit more screenshots of it working, theres barely any video or showcase in youtube.

I really would like to use it more seriously to make an actualy Pokémon Game.

Vendily

Elite Trainer
Vendily updated [v16/v17/v18/v19/v20] Cable Club with a new update entry:

Record Mixing, Legacy Versions, and Server Fixes

With this update, the v20 and v19 versions of the scripts are now up to v3.1 and v2.2 respectively.
This update reorganizes the plugin folder and adds Record Mixing. Record Mixing allows for the transfer of data between games, and other scripts can implement their own Record Mixing registrations if so they desire.

Unfortunately, the v16/17/18 version of the script is missing a critical component to implement this feature, so officially, they are now Legacy versions, meaning that they will...

SloppyPasta

An Actual Darmanitan
Granted im trying my best with as little knowledge i have about python lol but its saying the abilities file isnt there when i uploaded it to the vm. Im sure you know but this is the menu from when i press the ssh button in instances.

1673143474539.png

i would be very grateful for some help. Thank you.

Vendily

Elite Trainer
Granted im trying my best with as little knowledge i have about python lol but its saying the abilities file isnt there when i uploaded it to the vm. Im sure you know but this is the menu from when i press the ssh button in instances.

View attachment 14901

i would be very grateful for some help. Thank you.
Hey, you're pretty far without asking for help, so don't sell yourself short.
Chances are, if you uploaded it the way I'm assuming you did, the Cable Club python file and the assorted PBS files are all in the same folder together (you can do a ls to see the contents of the directory you're in on the command line). You need to adjust the PBS_DIR constant to not point at a sub folder, and reupload it to the VM.

Vendily

Elite Trainer

Bug Fixes, Back Ports, and Backends

This version fixes bugs relating to desyncing, as well as post battle clean up.

The v16/v17/v18 version of the script now gains the Record Mixer feature, as I was back in the script anyways

The server now features proper logging features, and logs to a file, server.log. It defaults to level INFO, but you can pass a lower level with --log=LEVEL, where LEVEL is a logging level constant (see python docs).

Vendily

Elite Trainer

Desyncs and Efficient Code Restructures

This version fixes desyncing issues for all versions due to forfeiting.
It also fixes longstanding desyncing issues in v16 and v17, in which moves with altered priorities would cause the battlers to move in different orders on both sides, due to the altered priority being applied to the incorrect index.

All versions also get a minor reorganization with the forfeit bug fix, so all data is sent in a single package. This also separates battle mechanics from being sent for every battler in...

MakerBlack

Trainer
I've been following this closely and you're doing a miracle with this script, bringing efficient online to essentials.
Thank you <3

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Question, Do you know if the server gets DDoS does it effect your home network?

MakerBlack

Trainer
I followed the steps but I want to know where I could have gone wrong. I fixed the bugs for everything on PBS so the server should run fine.
What could it be?

Error Cannot assign requested address:
messijesus30@server-fallen-online:~$ python3 cable_club_v20.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cable_club_v20.py", line 540, in <module>
    Server(args.host, int(args.port), args.pbs_dir).run()
  File "cable_club_v20.py", line 38, in run
    self.socket.bind((self.host, self.port))
OSError: [Errno 99] Cannot assign requested address

Vendily

Elite Trainer
I followed the steps but I want to know where I could have gone wrong. I fixed the bugs for everything on PBS so the server should run fine.
What could it be?

Error Cannot assign requested address:
messijesus30@server-fallen-online:~$ python3 cable_club_v20.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cable_club_v20.py", line 540, in <module>
    Server(args.host, int(args.port), args.pbs_dir).run()
  File "cable_club_v20.py", line 38, in run
    self.socket.bind((self.host, self.port))
OSError: [Errno 99] Cannot assign requested address
I usually see this error because people set the HOST constant of the server python file to their external IP instead of 0.0.0.0

Back