• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Black Ruby

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
splash.png

Made with Essential Version 17.0

Pokémon Black Ruby is a fan-made game that features an adventure-packed storyline filled with risks, new friends, and enemies,
just like the original games. I, Tushar, created this game during the summer of 2020.

intro1.png

Trailer Video

Click here to download the game!!

Since our protagonist has just turned 10, they are now eligible to receive their very own Pokémon and embark on an adventurous journey
across the vast INDO Region. Exploring the INDO Region is a delightful experience, but one must remain cautious of Team Dorobo, a group
that is constantly prepared to cause problems for fellow trainers.

FEATURES

Crafted with Gen 3 graphics for an immersive experience.
Embark on a storyline that mirrors the ideology of the original games.
Explore the vast Indo Region with its diverse landscapes, including towns, forests, rivers, oceans, beaches, mountains, deserts, and caves.
Engage in battles with a roster of 700+ Pokémon, each with unique abilities.
Experience the excitement of Mega Evolution in battles. Confront the new villainous team, Team Dorobo, and combat their multitude of evil agents.
Utilize Pokérides as part of the gameplay to enhance your journey.
Uncover hidden move tutors across the region who can teach valuable moves to your Pokémon.
Immerse yourself in B/W style battle emulation, with both single and double battle options.
Enjoy visually appealing trainer intro screens that add flair to battles.
Compete in the Player Battling Conference to earn the opportunity to challenge Elite Four members.
Experience the Indo Region's adventure, gameplay, and strategic battles in this remarkable fan-made creation.

SCREENSHOTS

Hammerlocke2.png

4.png
6.png

Nimbasa2.png

3.png
Dessert2.png
7.png

8.png

9.png

View attachment 20403

THE REGION

The Indo Region is an extensive and breathtaking area, adorned with stunning beaches, lush forests, sandy landscapes, and, most importantly,
a plethora of Pokémon. Additionally, there are numerous underground locations to explore and capture Pokémon.

mapRegion0.PNG

STARTERS

Chespin_ball.png
Squirtle_ball.png
Torchich_ball.png

The Starter Pokémon are Spiny Nut Pokemon Chespin, Tiny Turtle Pokemon Squirtle and Fire Chick Pokemon Torchic.

CREDITS
Pokemon Black Ruby is designed and brought to you by Tushar.
Special thanks to GAMEFREAK and the POKEMON Company.

Story by:
Tushar

Mapping and designing by:
Tushar

Elite Battle System:
For Sprites:
GameFreak(Original Sprites and soundtrack)
Pokecheck.org
Luka S.J.
PinkCatDragon
Tebited15
Spriter-Resource(redblueyellow)
Smoogon XY Project

For Battle Backgrounds:
Eli
Lilatraube

For Custom UI:
Luca S.J.

For Scripts:
Luka S.J.
Maruno
PinkCatDragon
Pokemon Essentials

For Sound Effects:
GameFreak
BadSamaritan

Pokerides:
Marin(Scripting)
Mid117
Roan
Mashirosakura

Fancy Badge:
Luka S.J.

Map Designing:
Tushar

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy MiDas Mike
Brother1440 Near Fantastica
FL. PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami Popper
help-14 Rataime
IceGod64 SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock the__end
KitsuneKouta Venom12
Lisa Anthony Wachunga
and everyone else who helped out

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

Hope you enjoy this game.
This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Please feel free to notify me of any errors you encounter, such as NPCs that don't function properly, map bugs, or any other issues.
Additionally, if you come across a situation while playing the game where you believe there could be a more efficient method or
an alternative approach, please don't hesitate to share your insights. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

NOTE: All the bugs and errors that were reported in the comment section have been resolved in the updated game file.
Therefore, new users can directly download it without the need to change or replace any older files.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    665.1 KB · Views: 19,993
  • 2.png
    2.png
    612.1 KB · Views: 18,927
  • 6.png
    6.png
    469.3 KB · Views: 534
  • 5.png
    5.png
    357.8 KB · Views: 18,142
  • Seafolk.png
    Seafolk.png
    146 KB · Views: 84
  • Seafolk.png
    Seafolk.png
    146 KB · Views: 81
  • Hammerlocke.png
    Hammerlocke.png
    218.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Nimbasa.png
    Nimbasa.png
    201.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Dessert.png
    Dessert.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Nimbasa2.png
    Nimbasa2.png
    152.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Seafolk2.png
    Seafolk2.png
    135 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

KingKairo

Rookie
Hey, Ive been trying to use the Moonstone on Nidorino and its not working. I replaced the PBS file but it still has not worked. Is there something I'm missing?

Tushar

Crazy Pokémon fan and a Game Developer too
Hey, Ive been trying to use the Moonstone on Nidorino and its not working. I replaced the PBS file but it still has not worked. Is there something I'm missing?
No, you have done enought at your side, but the problem is the game doesn't detect the changes made in PBS files once after it's downloaded, so if you want to make it right the only solution is to redownload the game😬.
Or you may open it in RPG MakerXP and update the file in PBS folder and test run it once, the changes will implement after that.

Last edited:

emzee

Novice
Hello! So I just battled my rival in Hammerlocke Town in front of the gym and he give me the Fly HM but the text says Flash instead, when I already got it earlier. The Fly HM doesn't show up in my bag, either. Would you be able to fix it?

Tushar

Hello! So I just battled my rival in Hammerlocke Town in front of the gym and he give me the Fly HM but the text says Flash instead, when I already got it earlier. The Fly HM doesn't show up in my bag, either. Would you be able to fix it?
Sorry for the inconvenience, you just have to replace the files which I'm providing you now in the DATA folder.
After this you will find HM for Fly in Blue Grotto Cave.

Astefia

Cooltrainer
Would be VERY nice of you to enable running from the very start - walking feels slow as molassas in comparison. Also check the intro in the hometown for grammatical mistakes.
That said, I like having a non-silent protagonist. If only she was JUST A BIT QUICKER. Even battle animations are slow.
Does this game have a speed-up button? Please tell me it has a speed-up button.

Tushar

Would be VERY nice of you to enable running from the very start - walking feels slow as molassas in comparison. Also check the intro in the hometown for grammatical mistakes.
That said, I like having a non-silent protagonist. If only she was JUST A BIT QUICKER. Even battle animations are slow.
Does this game have a speed-up button? Please tell me it has a speed-up button.
Thanks for your feedback. And their is no speed up button in my game.

but how do u get there
Check out this:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gren

Rookie
What i want to do after defeating the team dorobo's members in luminous city hideout.

Where can i find hm rocksmash

emzee

Novice
Hello again! Getting an error trying to battle the
scientist in Nimbasa Cave.

1635208295514.png

maomed

Rookie
I became the champion , is there any other thing worth doing?
also where is fly tm I finished the game without it lol

Tushar

I became the champion , is there any other thing worth doing?
also where is fly tm I finished the game without it lol
Thanks for playing the game✌🏻, battling your dad is the only thing left now.

Where can i find another "ability capsule" i only have 1
It's been a long time since I have made the game, so I don't remember that where have I kept the other one or is there any other in the game😬.

Back