• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Prize Wheels

Resource Prize Wheels N/A

Lucidious89

Champion
You know, this could be really cool to adapt so that it can be used in battle somehow. Like some kind of Battle Frontier-type battle mode where each turn a wheel is spun for various buffs/debuffs that are randomly applied. Things like status effects, raising/lowering stats, disabling a Pokemon's ability or held item, putting specific effects on a Pokemon (Disable, Mean Look, Taunt, etc). Just a thought. I'm sure there's a lot that could be done with it.

You know, this could be really cool to adapt so that it can be used in battle somehow. Like some kind of Battle Frontier-type battle mode where each turn a wheel is spun for various buffs/debuffs that are randomly applied. Things like status effects, raising/lowering stats, disabling a Pokemon's ability or held item, putting specific effects on a Pokemon (Disable, Mean Look, Taunt, etc). Just a thought. I'm sure there's a lot that could be done with it.
Ooh, I really like that! I might see if I can make that work!

Hey Tech,
How to add new style wheel prize?
Honestly, this is a cool minigame script..
Thank you.
Thank you!

So, to make a new style for the wheel, you're going to go to the top of the script in this section:
Ruby:
WheelStyles = [
#bg graphic, wheel graphic, radius, minimum spins,
#spin SFX, volume, pitch
#winning sfx, volume, pitch
["hatchbg","prizewheel",110,3,"battle ball shake",80,150,"mining reveal full",100,100]
]
WheelStyles is an array made up of other arrays- these arrays have either a number or a string (just text in quotes) for each thing they define.

[background picture,wheel picture,radius of the wheel, minimum spins,sound effect while it spins,volume of the sfx,pitch of the sfx,sound effect for winning,volume of the sfx,pitch of the sfx]

So, let's say I have a new background and a new wheel, but I want to keep the sounds, radius, etc. the same. I'll copy the first array and just change those entries-

Ruby:
["newbg","newwheel",110,3,"battle ball shake",80,150,"mining reveal full",100,100]

And then I'll add it to the main list of wheel styles, like this:

Ruby:
WheelStyles = [
#spin SFX, volume, pitch
["hatchbg","prizewheel",110,3,"battle ball shake",80,150,"mining reveal full",100,100],
["newbg","newwheel",110,3,"battle ball shake",80,150,"mining reveal full",100,100]
]

Then, to call this new style in my event, I'll use a script call Wheel(prizepool,cost,style=1), and it'll call my new style instead of the original one!

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
Thank you!

So, to make a new style for the wheel, you're going to go to the top of the script in this section:
Ruby:
WheelStyles = [
#spin SFX, volume, pitch
["hatchbg","prizewheel",110,3,"battle ball shake",80,150,"mining reveal full",100,100]
]
WheelStyles is an array made up of other arrays- these arrays have either a number or a string (just text in quotes) for each thing they define.

[background picture,wheel picture,radius of the wheel, minimum spins,sound effect while it spins,volume of the sfx,pitch of the sfx,sound effect for winning,volume of the sfx,pitch of the sfx]

So, let's say I have a new background and a new wheel, but I want to keep the sounds, radius, etc. the same. I'll copy the first array and just change those entries-

Ruby:

And then I'll add it to the main list of wheel styles, like this:

Ruby:
WheelStyles = [
#spin SFX, volume, pitch
["hatchbg","prizewheel",110,3,"battle ball shake",80,150,"mining reveal full",100,100],
]

Then, to call this new style in my event, I'll use a script call Wheel(prizepool,cost,style=1), and it'll call my new style instead of the original one!
How about insert new prize in new style wheel?

How about insert new prize in new style wheel?
Same deal but with prizes! At the top, there's this array:

Ruby:
Prizes = [
[:POKEBALL,:REPEATBALL,:FASTBALL,:LEVELBALL,:NESTBALL,:DUSKBALL,:DIVEBALL,:HEAVYBALL,:GREATBALL,:MASTERBALL],
[:CHARMANDER,:CYNDAQUIL,:EEVEE,:PIKACHU,:CHIKORITA,:BULBASAUR,:SQUIRTLE,:TOTODILE,:MARILL,:RATTATA],
["100","200","300","400","500","600","700","800","900","1000"],
[:POKEBALL,"100",:CHARMANDER,:POKEBALL,"100",:CHARMANDER,:POKEBALL,"100",:CHARMANDER,:POKEBALL,"100",:CHARMANDER,],
]

You'd just make a new array of ten entries and add it to the list! The entries can be a Pokemon, item, or amount of money put in quotes! And then you'd use that to determine the number you put in for the prizepool!

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
Same deal but with prizes! At the top, there's this array:

Ruby:
Prizes = [
[:POKEBALL,:REPEATBALL,:FASTBALL,:LEVELBALL,:NESTBALL,:DUSKBALL,:DIVEBALL,:HEAVYBALL,:GREATBALL,:MASTERBALL],
[:CHARMANDER,:CYNDAQUIL,:EEVEE,:PIKACHU,:CHIKORITA,:BULBASAUR,:SQUIRTLE,:TOTODILE,:MARILL,:RATTATA],
["100","200","300","400","500","600","700","800","900","1000"],
[:POKEBALL,"100",:CHARMANDER,:POKEBALL,"100",:CHARMANDER,:POKEBALL,"100",:CHARMANDER,:POKEBALL,"100",:CHARMANDER,],
]

You'd just make a new array of ten entries and add it to the list! The entries can be a Pokemon, item, or amount of money put in quotes! And then you'd use that to determine the number you put in for the prizepool!
Great! It works.
Thank you so much

AiurJordan

twitch.tv/aiurjordan
I can't seem to get this to work in 19.1; it's stating that PBItems is an uninitialized constant.
I spent some time trying to get it to work but I don't know the v19.1 naming conventions; I just tried sticking
PBItems = GameData::Item.get(item) in random places but no luck.

Ruby:
[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[EBDX v1.1.6]

Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error in event 58 (coords 17,13), map 111 (Game Corner):
Exception: NameError

***Full script:
Wheel(0,0)

Backtrace:
373:Prize Wheel:55:in `block in initialize'
373:Prize Wheel:54:in `each'
373:Prize Wheel:54:in `initialize'
373:Prize Wheel:18:in `new'
373:Prize Wheel:18:in `Wheel'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter:138:in `eval'
034:Interpreter:138:in `execute_script'
035:Interpreter_Commands:1024:in `command_355'
035:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'

Backtrace:
034:Interpreter:190:in `rescue in execute_script'
034:Interpreter:136:in `execute_script'
035:Interpreter_Commands:1024:in `command_355'
035:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
034:Interpreter:128:in `block in update'
034:Interpreter:88:in `loop'
034:Interpreter:88:in `update'
033:Scene_Map:157:in `block in update'
033:Scene_Map:155:in `loop'
033:Scene_Map:155:in `update'

I can't seem to get this to work in 19.1; it's stating that PBItems is an uninitialized constant.
I spent some time trying to get it to work but I don't know the v19.1 naming conventions; I just tried sticking
PBItems = GameData::Item.get(item) in random places but no luck.
Oh, you know what the issue was? I forgot to actually update the main section of the code, lmfao. I even have the v19 changes in the instructions, I just forgot to put them in the main part! Thanks for catching that!

If you're curious to know, part of why your fix wasn't working is because GameData::Item.get(item) just returns the data for that specific item, not the data for all items, which is what PBItems was used for in v18. Luckily, there's plenty of calls with GameData::Item, so you shouldn't need to try to rework an old PBItems command!

AiurJordan

twitch.tv/aiurjordan
Here's a gamecorner tileset with an overworld wheel, and the tiles separate also.

Attachments

• Game Corner interior.PNG
    Game Corner interior.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 192
  • wheel999.png
    wheel999.png
    659 bytes · Views: 4,247

AiurJordan

twitch.tv/aiurjordan
Of course! Thats why I shared it, I'm working on a better wheel graphic right now.

Back