• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Drug Wars

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
Pokémon Drug Wars

splash.png
guzma.png
battle.png
item.png
item2.png
ssmafia.png
Jonah.png

Game Download Link: Download Link
Game Patch 1 Download Link: Patch
Made with: Pokémon Essentials v18.1 for RPGMakerXP
Team: MyeAyeNuss

Notes: Recommended for ages 17 and up or for mature audiences

Resource Pack:
Resource Pack

Credit:
King Tapir:
Alola Tileset assets from DeviantArt
Beliot419: Guzma Trainer Sprite from Deviantart
DeepWeeb: Team Skull Grunt Overworld Sprites from The Spriters Resource
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
...and everyone else who helped out

Where I used the graphics: I Used the Given and Required graphics in some of the screenshots. The leaf is used like a TM that teaches Pokemon a Weed type special move. The Acid Jar teaches Pokémon the Acid type move, Acid Breath. The trainer and character sprite is used for Meth Mafia Admin Jonah.

DLC Coming Soon!!
Legend of Drugigigas

Last edited:

luxdiablo

Berserk Inferno
Yo! I played through the game on stream, and I'll link the stream here if you'd like to watch it for yourself:

I figured I'd leave my feedback down here!

- I think that with the premise you gave yourself, the game was SUPER creative. I totally forgot that steroids were drugs, so that whole section took me by surprise.

- I really liked the addition of new typings and new forms. Especially on the acid forms, the GIFs were absolutely stunning. Great job there.

- The game was full of humorous moments that took me by surprise, and I loved that! Seeing Buzzwole on steroids, learning about Regimeth, all of it was just so much fun and I had a ton of fun playing through the game!

- I like that the game took itself seriously. At first, I expected the game to be a sort of "HAHA DRUGS" meme game, but you could tell that there were parts of the game that were thought-out and planned, which was really neat.

- I think the game requires some grammar revisions. Throughout my playthrough, I noticed a LOT of missing punctuation, incorrect capitalization, etc. It'd be worth it to go through each line of dialogue in your game and run it through Grammarly or something like that. It would really help your game's quality in my opinion.

- I had a really hard time beating the Steroid Syndicate Leader. Her Hawlucha absolutely swept my team, and I think I did that battle around 5 times before winning.

- I think that there should be an option to train and stock up on items in between rematches. I didn't like the fact that whenever I rematched a trainer, I wouldn't have a chance to get any items or prepare myself.

- The Weed type is practically useless. I didn't use my Koffing at all, and all of my Weed-type moves sucked, for the most part. I also noticed that Regimeth is not that good, and gets OHKOed by nearly everything.

- I think the story was kinda confusing at some bits. I didn't realize I was the Weed Tribe later for a bit, and I had no clue that I owned the Shaymin.

- The music could be better. The volume levels were all over the place, and a lot of default Essentials music was used.

- I'd look into battle backgrounds. Using the same background for each location didn't give me the sense of atmosphere that I normally get from battles.

Overall, I'd give the game a 7.5/10, which is really good, because I don't enjoy that many fangames. With the fixes listed above, this game could easily be a 9/10 or even higher. I highly recommend this game to anyone looking for a good laugh or a good experience. Great work with the game, excited to hopefully see more from you in the future! :)

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Hello! I just finished Drug Wars. Firstly, I wanted to say "congratulations" on submitting a game! I genuinely had a good time playing it, so you should be proud. Lux has already mentioned everything I would've given in feedback, so I won't repeat anything.

I spotted some minor bugs when I was going through:
1. In the prison area, the void is completely passable (featuring some old friends).
2. In the forest area, be careful of areas where the player can step up onto these cliffs. I noticed it in a few places and I was able to explore the upper cliff area.
3. This door has the wrong graphic on the way out.
4. NPC has no dialogue.
5. NPC has no dialogue.
6. Top of the player's head sinks into the sofa.

ss1.png

ss2.png

ss3.png

ss4.png

ss5.png

ss6.png

I over-levelled Breloom and Scyther--an unstoppable pairing apparently. I didn't struggle with the Steroid Boss like Lux did, but maybe I was lucky with the AI. I would usually post a screenshot of my team, but I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just type it inside another spoiler.
Scyther - level 47
Breloom - level 45
Regimeth - level 33
Salazzle - level 30
Vikavolt - level 26
Koffing - level 20
I managed to win the post-game fight. I'm not sure what the reward is for, maybe it's a reference I didn't get.

Overall, a fun game with great potential. I'll keep an eye out for future developments on Drug Wars, for sure!
Bye for now~

Hornet

Novice
I just downloaded the game, but when I press A on the loading screen I get this error message popping up, then the game crashes. https://gyazo.com/00585ac8625a899290225bec1dc74940
Found out that this was happening because the internal game name was still "Pokemon Essentials" so it was messing with the save files.

After fixing the issue I went on to complete this masterpiece of a game!
I had a great time playing this game! 👍

SirSploob

I am the Swoh Sensei
Hey guys! There have been a few bugs with the game regarding it being called Pokemon Essentials when you open it, a bug in the Meth Mafia, and feedback to be able to buy items before a boss fight. Here is a patch that should help fix these problems. Just drag the files from the patch into the main folder of the game.

Download Link

Aurora

Trainer
Hey I played your game and I liked the story and the characters. The final battle though was too much with pokemon lvl 60 and 70 , as a result I couldn't have an ending. I saw from yt that you are back in the jungle. But still idk if there are more or not. Generally I laughed and I had good time with it.

Last edited:

SirSploob

I am the Swoh Sensei
Hey I played your game and I liked the story and the characters. The final battle though was too much with pokemon lvl 60 and 70 , as a result I couldn't have an ending. I saw from yt that you are back in the jungle. But still idk if there are more or not. Generally I laughed and I had good time with it.
Sorry to hear about the final battle. The battle with the dev right after the Tomo boss battle should be a forced lose to progress. Thank you so much for playing though! If you are talking about the 'secret' battle in the post game, then I can work on balancing that and lowering the levels to make it easier. Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

sadbart666

A Piece of shit
scyther evolve with the metallic coating and trade or you do another form to evolve scyther?

Back