• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Touhou Puppet Play ~ The Festival of Curses

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Observing the gathering of humans is a scorned individual, tormented by the sight of humans using Puppets as they wish. "They've had their way for too long... Soon, I will free them from their captivity, and show them who really wields power." The individual says to themselves, as they plan to break the momentary peace once more.

--- Intro:
Welcome back to another round of "Derxwna Makes Games", starring The Badman themself, Derxwna Kapsyla! Today's project was made for the Relic Castle Winter Game Jam 2. This project is called "Touhou Puppet Play ~ The Festival of Curses". If you are familiar with my previous projects, The Festival of Curses is a soft sequel to The Mansion of Mystery. The Festival of Curses is a Fangame built off of the Touhoumon Essentials extension for the Essentials engine. Much like the other Touhou Puppet Play project I released, this will be a linear game with 6-ish stages, and one Extra Stage. Don't worry, there's no penalty for not clearing the game perfectly!

ih5YpYd.png

--- Premise:
The game itself revolves around the protagonist of the previous game, Ayaka, as she heads out to enjoy the Harvest Festival being held this year. Being the first real Harvest Festival since the advent of the Puppet Era of Gensokyo, the Festival has been changed around a fair bit to accommodate Puppets to celebrate their arrival to the realm- most notably, with a grand Festival Tournament being established for Puppet Handlers throughout the village to partake in... But, of course, as this is Gensokyo, peace doesn't stay for very long. In the shadows, an individual has made moves to disrupt the festivities and bring an end to the Humans coexistence with Puppetkind.

--- Features:
A game without features is... well, it's pong? No, I guess even Pong has features... I digress! The Festival of Curses has its own batch of features which make it really nifty, if I do say so myself!
  • A Touhoumon game with Puppets up to Double Dealing Character and Urban Legend in Limbo!
  • A visual style from the creators of Touhoumon themselves, FocasLens, utilizing their Gensou Ningyou Enbu Asset Collection Pack!
  • Not to mention music from the equally tallented a-TTTempo (from the GNE Ost), and Paradarx (A fairly popular Pokemon-soundfont arranger of Touhou tracks)!
  • A fair amount of utilization of Golisopod User's Mid-Battle Dialogue/Battle Scripting resource to make some quirky, if hopefully enjoyable, battles!
Given that this is a fairly short game, made for a Game Jam, there isn't a whole lot of super unique features that would be in one of my main projects. Still! I'd like to believe these will help it be a memorable experience!

--- Screenshots:
Y'all love screenshots? Well, here's a brief peak into the game! I wasn't sure what the best screenshots to take would be, but hopefully this gives you a decent taste of what to be in for!
rMRZ72F.png

--- Videos:
Screenshots not enough to whet your interest? Say no more fam. I got you covered. Have a video! Have two even!! Maybe a third!!!
--- Bugs and Issues:
Everyone loves bug lists! It means they can see what bugs are known about and can be fixed, or are in the process of being fixed! That way, people don't have to report them, right? Hahaha.........................

Tier 3 - Serious Game Breaking/Mechanic Altering Bugs
  • The Nitori fight had special Augment Items that would affect the player under certain conditions. This mechanic has been removed until further notice.
Tier 2 - In the process of fixing
  • You might see a Black Void around the edge of some maps. While this doesn't break the game, it does look tacky. I am in the process of rectifying these, so if you notice any in the latest build please point them out to me!
  • Not really a bug but annoying; Some music tracks are too loud or quiet. I am in the process of adjusting the tracks so they're at a more uniform volume.
  • Some music tracks don't loop properly. If you spot one that doesn't, hit me up.
  • If you're familiar with Touhoumon 1.8, and you notice that some moves/abilities are incorrect with how they should be (Recollection is one I'm aware of.), please report it to me!
Tier 1 - Almost Unnoticeable
  • U2 Akiyama is typo'd in the second credits. I'll fix it eventually. The same with Team Shanghai Alice being credited as "Species Designers", when it should be "Origins for Species Designs".
Tier 0 - I am fully aware of these and, for various reasons, cannot fix them
  • Move animations still use the generic Type-animations as part of Essentials. I suggest playing with animations disabled.
It's very possible I missed some bugs in this list. If you notice any I forgot, relay them to me and I'll have throw them here and try to fix them if I can!
As always, unless I specifically say otherwise on release, I suggest saving inside a Rest House. Changes have been, and will continue to be, made to outside maps to revise them.

--- Team of Curses:
I alone certainly didn't make the game this time! I had two people helping me out here. The first of which was @Jelo , who made a good number of graphics and edits for the autumn aesthetic the game was trying to convey. The second, though they aren't in the community, is a close friend of mine who helped playtest the game, wishing to go by the alias of Karl Grogslurper, and it was thanks to them that I managed to get a fair amount of decent balancing done for the game (I am not the best sense of balance or teambuilding, so having their eyes helped more than I can even begin to say.) Give a hearty round of applause to the Team of Curses!

--- Main Download Builds, Quick Patches, and the Resource Pack:
This section is where you can find the current build of the game, as well as the Quick Patches associated with that release. Quick Patches are little releases that fix small bugs, as these bugs usually don't warrant a total reupload and rerelease (this was done to spare my internet connection...). Detailed instructions on how to install Quick Patches will be provided alongside the download for the patch itself. You can also find the link to the Resource Pack made alongside the game here, containing.. well, probably way more than it needs to. But it should contain everything it absolutely needs to!

--- Credits:
I am not going to deny the people who's work contributed to this project their due credit. While a master list of the credits is included with the download itself, I will list everyone here and update accordingly.
Team of Curses:
  • DerxwnaKapsyla (Head Developer)
  • Jelo (Graphics)
  • Karl Grogslurper (Playtesting & Feedback)
Custom Scripts added in:
  • Mr. Gela:
    • Name Windows
  • Marin:
    • Scripting Utilities
    • Turbo Script
  • Nuru Yuri:
    • FModEX for Pokemon Essentials
  • Vendily:
    • Ambient Cries
  • FL:
    • HMs as Items (With work done by derFischae and Bulbasaurlvl5)
  • Rot8er_ConeX:
    • Doppelganger Trainer
  • Mej71:
    • Port of the Unlimited Self-Switch Variants script, made by game_guy for RPG Maker VX
  • Golisopod User:
    • Mid-Battle Dialogue/Scripted Battles
  • DerxwnaKapsyla:
    • PokeMart script for Game Corner Coin
Custom Graphics provided by:
  • Jelo:
    • All tileset changes made specifically for the game
  • FocasLens:
    • The Gensou Ningyou Enbu Asset Collection Pack
  • Team Shanghai Alice & Twilight Frontier:
    • Background Images for certain cutscenes and transitions
  • Relic Castle Staff:
    • The Required Assets for the Game Jam
  • Amethyst and the Pokemon Reborn team:
    • Obelisk Overworld sprite (used in Shizuha's Leaf Pile)
  • Poltergeist
    • Custom Character Creator resource (for Ayaka's front and back sprite)
  • Kasael:
    • Fairy Sprites
  • Irakuy:
    • Star Sapphire Trainer Sprite
    • Luna Child Trainer Sprite
    • Sunny Milk Trainer Sprite
  • Reimufate:
    • Sugar Satellite used for the Greater Fairy Trainer Sprite
    • Minako Kamikouchi sprite used for a Youkai Trainer Sprite
    • Ayana sprit used for a Youkai Trainer Sprite
  • 松樹様/Matsuki-Sama:
    • Elly Trainer Sprite
  • DerxwnaKapsyla:
    • Dark Window Skin
Custom Music and Audio provided by:
  • Paradarx:
    • Bell of Avici ~ Infinite Nightmare (Vs. Hatate theme)
    • Ruse Rain (Stage 5 Theme)
    • Spirit Battle ~ Perdition Crisis (Vs. Elly theme)
    • Faint Dream ~ Inanimate Dream (Vs. Yuuka theme)
    • Akutagawa Ryuunosuke's "Kappa" ~ Candid Friend (Vs. Nitori theme)
    • Because Princess Inada Is Scolding Me (Vs. Minoriko theme)
    • The Ground's Color is Yellow (Rounds 1-4 of the Festival Tournament)
    • A God That Misses People ~ Romantic Fall (Great Youkai Forest theme)
  • FocasLens and a-TTTempo:
    • Gensokyo, Past and Present (Garden of the Sun theme)
    • Mist Lake (Misty Lake and Shoreline theme)
    • Player's Score (Rest House theme)
    • The Flower Like The Fantasy (Suzuran Field theme)
    • This Dull World's Unchanging Pessemism (Human Village theme)
    • This Dull World's Unchanging Pessemism - Alternate (Festival Grounds theme)
    • Sakura, Sakura ~ Japanize Dream (Ending/Credits Theme)
    • Unknown X ~ Unfound Adventure (Round 5 theme of Festival Tournament)
    • Demystify Feast (Round 5 theme of Festival Tournament)
    • Theme of Eastern Story (Round 5 theme of Festival Tournament)
    • Poison Body ~ Forsaken Doll (Vs. Medicine theme)
    • Staking Your Life on a Prank (Vs. Star/Luna/Sunny theme)
    • Great Fairy Wars (Vs. Three Fairies of Light)
    • Stirring an Autumn Moon ~ Mooned Insect (Vs. Puppet - Early Game)
    • Deaf to all but the Song (Vs. Puppet - Forest)
    • Doll Judgment ~ The Girl Who Played With People's Shapes (Vs. Trainer)
    • The Rabbit Has Landed (Vs. Puppet - Late Game)
    • Reverse Ideology (Vs. Cursed Puppets)
    • Scenery of Living Dolls (Vs. Fairy intro)
    • Dancing Water Spray (Vs. Youkai intro)
    • Year-Round Absorbed Curiosity (Vs. Fairy intro - Late Game)
    • Sleeping Terror (Vs. Yuuka intro)
    • The Inevitably Forbidden Game (Fantasy World theme)
    • Alice Maestra (Mugenkan Theme)
    • Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon (Healing Jingle)
    • Demystify Feast - Jingle Variants (Item Get, Key Item Get, Puppet Get)
    • Door Sliding sound effect (from TPDP)
  • Uda-Shi & KecleonTencho:
    • Our Hisoutensoku (Evolution/Egg Hatching theme)
    • Because Princess Inada Is Scolding Me (Victory! Vs. Trainer)
    • Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke (Victory! Vs. Wild Battle, Captured! Wild Encounter)
    • Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea (Captured! Wild Encounter)
    • Level Up jingle
  • U2 Akiyama:
    • Scattering Blizzard of Possession Flowers (Title Screen theme)
    • Seeds of the Incident (Intro Cutscene theme)
  • Vlizzurd:
    • Dark Side of Fate (Vs. Hina theme)
  • ZUN:
    • Unknown Flower, Mesmerizing Journey (Closing Cutscene)
If you wish to contact me for any reason regarding the game, you're free to leave a message on this thread, shoot me a PM on here, contact me on the Discord Server, or find me on my various social media hangouts.

--- Cheat Sheet for Game Jam Items:
As per the terms and conditions of the Game Jam, I must provide a cheat sheet to where all the used assets for the Game Jam were. This album contains all of the items, as well as where they are primarily.

Last edited:

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
Quick Patch 1 has been released and contains minor bug fixes for AKokoro's stats being wrong and a softlock error on Nameless Hill.

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
Honestly I'd read up on the Touhoumon wikia purely so I can see what's going on here
How fortunate for you that reading up on stuff isn't strictly mandatory! You get a basic gist of the setting, the world, and the characters in the game itself! There's even a small segment in the intro where you can choose to have a small lore dump about the universe, as well as a link to where you can binge information at your own liesure.

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Hey there! I just finished the main story of The Festival of Curses. Despite me never having played a Touhoumon game or knowing anything about the Touhoumon universe, I really enjoyed your game. You were able to tell an interesting story without losing me in the Touhoumon lore, which I think is an achievement in itself. Here's some more specific feedback from a lay perspective.

I thought that the mapping was really well done. At no point did I find that an area was too open or too enclosed. One thing that stuck out in my mind was that the trees generally didn't have outlines, whereas most other tiles and characters did. I'm not sure if that's typical of a Touhoumon game, though.

I had fun seeing the sprites. I guess these aren't custom made for your game, but I enjoyed them nonetheless. Talking about sprites, I thought the battle introductions for key battles were glorious. Did you make those yourself? If so, nicely done!

I don't know if I expected the UI to be different to base Essentials. I didn't mind, though, since I've always liked the HGSS UI.

The game was a little bit of a trainer (fairy) gauntlet. I don't think I minded it as much here because there were a lot of new things for me to experience both in and out of battle. I do still think, however, that a few fairies could be reconsidered here and there. The battles themselves were fine. At no point did I struggle even with my non-existent knowledge of Touhoumon (although I was over-levelled for most of the game - see team screenshot). The use of mid-battle dialogue/scripted battles was good. I don't think it really affected the outcome of any battles for me, though.

Was there a speed-up button in the game? I think I saw Marin's script credited at the end, but I don't think I ever worked out which button was assigned to a speed-up.

The information you provided with the game download was super helpful, especially the type chart (not that I really knew what type anything was). It's a shame I didn't look at this folder more carefully - I've just seen that there's a file that covers stone evolutions which would have been useful!

I thought the festival stalls were a neat addition, and the fact that they used a different currency was cool. I didn't really capitalise on these stalls, though. Even by the end of the game, I'd horded all my festival points. I liked the option to buy more Exp Shares and Lucky Eggs. I think, in hindsight, I should've just bought more of those. One thing I wasn't clear on was the benefits of the items in Margatroid Puppet Boutique. I think these were held items to boost stats and the like? Maybe I missed it, but could you add a description of what each item does either to the shop UI itself or use the catalogues that were scattered about the place? As is, the only way to see what an item does is to buy it (I think).

During the fairy takeover of the Village, I liked the random fairies dropping from the sky and battling me. I was trying to work out if it was based on number of steps since the last battle or a random chance per step? I thought that the frequency of the battles was fine either way.

There was a LOT of dialogue. I read it all, but I can see less patient people skipping everything and missing out on the story.

As I wrote above, I think the story you told was good and didn't lean on Touhoumon lore much. I don't think there's much else I would say here as a non-expert. I loved how you were able to portray the fairies as mischievous using dialogue alone. I chuckled many times throughout the game.

Not too many here. Most of the bugs I spotted were typos.
1. Delicacies.
2. Last.
3. Delicacies.
4. Near the beginning of the game, this NPC does nothing when you interact with him.
5. Most of the NPCs in this room have no dialogue.
6. Received.
7. Reported.
8. Remember.
9. Perpetrator.
10. Won't.
11. Fountain is passable.
12. Afflicted (saw this one pretty consistently).
13. Persistent.
14. Shouldn't.
15. Tend.
16. I don't know what this invisible thing is. Was it a fairy?
17. Quite.
18. Tend to be kind and compassionate?
19. I think I caught adventure misspelt in the ending sepia tone bit, but didn't get a screenshot.

ss1.png

ss2.png

ss3.png

ss4.png

ss5.png

ss6.png

ss7.png

ss8.png

ss9.png

ss10.png

ss11.png

ss12.png

ss13.png

ss14.png

ss15.png

ss16.png

ss17.png

ss18.png

For research purposes, here was my team by the end of the main story. I pretty much just over-levelled my starter as you can see. Spamming Wing Attack and eventually Soar proved to be mostly effective for getting through the game. I came in at just under 4 hours of playtime, for information.

ss19.png

Overall, I had a blast playing The Festival of Curses. I'd recommend giving this game a go even if you haven't played a Touhoumon game before.
Bye for now~

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
Hey there! I just finished the main story of The Festival of Curses. Despite me never having played a Touhoumon game or knowing anything about the Touhoumon universe, I really enjoyed your game. You were able to tell an interesting story without losing me in the Touhoumon lore, which I think is an achievement in itself. Here's some more specific feedback from a lay perspective.

I thought that the mapping was really well done. At no point did I find that an area was too open or too enclosed. One thing that stuck out in my mind was that the trees generally didn't have outlines, whereas most other tiles and characters did. I'm not sure if that's typical of a Touhoumon game, though.

I had fun seeing the sprites. I guess these aren't custom made for your game, but I enjoyed them nonetheless. Talking about sprites, I thought the battle introductions for key battles were glorious. Did you make those yourself? If so, nicely done!

I don't know if I expected the UI to be different to base Essentials. I didn't mind, though, since I've always liked the HGSS UI.

The game was a little bit of a trainer (fairy) gauntlet. I don't think I minded it as much here because there were a lot of new things for me to experience both in and out of battle. I do still think, however, that a few fairies could be reconsidered here and there. The battles themselves were fine. At no point did I struggle even with my non-existent knowledge of Touhoumon (although I was over-levelled for most of the game - see team screenshot). The use of mid-battle dialogue/scripted battles was good. I don't think it really affected the outcome of any battles for me, though.

Was there a speed-up button in the game? I think I saw Marin's script credited at the end, but I don't think I ever worked out which button was assigned to a speed-up.

The information you provided with the game download was super helpful, especially the type chart (not that I really knew what type anything was). It's a shame I didn't look at this folder more carefully - I've just seen that there's a file that covers stone evolutions which would have been useful!

I thought the festival stalls were a neat addition, and the fact that they used a different currency was cool. I didn't really capitalise on these stalls, though. Even by the end of the game, I'd horded all my festival points. I liked the option to buy more Exp Shares and Lucky Eggs. I think, in hindsight, I should've just bought more of those. One thing I wasn't clear on was the benefits of the items in Margatroid Puppet Boutique. I think these were held items to boost stats and the like? Maybe I missed it, but could you add a description of what each item does either to the shop UI itself or use the catalogues that were scattered about the place? As is, the only way to see what an item does is to buy it (I think).

During the fairy takeover of the Village, I liked the random fairies dropping from the sky and battling me. I was trying to work out if it was based on number of steps since the last battle or a random chance per step? I thought that the frequency of the battles was fine either way.

There was a LOT of dialogue. I read it all, but I can see less patient people skipping everything and missing out on the story.

As I wrote above, I think the story you told was good and didn't lean on Touhoumon lore much. I don't think there's much else I would say here as a non-expert. I loved how you were able to portray the fairies as mischievous using dialogue alone. I chuckled many times throughout the game.

Not too many here. Most of the bugs I spotted were typos.
1. Delicacies.
2. Last.
3. Delicacies.
4. Near the beginning of the game, this NPC does nothing when you interact with him.
5. Most of the NPCs in this room have no dialogue.
6. Received.
7. Reported.
8. Remember.
9. Perpetrator.
10. Won't.
11. Fountain is passable.
12. Afflicted (saw this one pretty consistently).
13. Persistent.
14. Shouldn't.
15. Tend.
16. I don't know what this invisible thing is. Was it a fairy?
17. Quite.
18. Tend to be kind and compassionate?
19. I think I caught adventure misspelt in the ending sepia tone bit, but didn't get a screenshot.

1.View attachment 3534
2.View attachment 3535
3.View attachment 3536
4.View attachment 3537
5.View attachment 3538
6.View attachment 3539
7.View attachment 3540
8.View attachment 3541
9.View attachment 3542
10.View attachment 3543
11.View attachment 3544
12.View attachment 3545
13.View attachment 3546
14.View attachment 3547
15.View attachment 3548
16.View attachment 3549
17.View attachment 3550
18.View attachment 3551

For research purposes, here was my team by the end of the main story. I pretty much just over-levelled my starter as you can see. Spamming Wing Attack and eventually Soar proved to be mostly effective for getting through the game. I came in at just under 4 hours of playtime, for information.

View attachment 3533

Overall, I had a blast playing The Festival of Curses. I'd recommend giving this game a go even if you haven't played a Touhoumon game before.
Bye for now~
Thank you for playing and your feedback! Allow me to take this time to address your feedback!

- Aesthetic:
I think the trees outline is extremely subtle, which means it looks like there isn't any outline- I may be mistaken though! Regardless, all of the graphics, save for a scant few, came from Gensou Ningyou Enbu, so this isn't a traditional "Touhoumon" style- there isn't realy a traditional style, since the games are predominately Gen 3 Rom Hacks lol.

The sprites were not custom made, as mentioned above they came from Gensou Ningyou Enbu. The Vs. Transitions were all made by hand, with graphics coming from Gensou Ningyou Enbu as well. I'm glad you enjoyed them, I've been working on refining my Vs. Transitions for the past few years!

- Gameplay:
I will admit that, yeah, there are a lot of trainers. I planned to have a few more features to break up the monotony of trainers, but they weren't finished in time for the Game Jam. Please look forward to the Quiz Hall and the Haunted Mansion!

Balance is very difficult for me, but I tried to make it so it wasn't too hard to beat. I'm glad to hear that you were able to make it through without too much issue!

The Speed-Up Button was bound to the "F" or "T" key- off hand, I can't remember which. It should be listed in the readme iirc!

The Margatroid Boutique does indeed sell type-boosting items, similar to the Pokemon ones, except these only work on Puppet types. I'll take your feedback into consideration for improving it!

The Divebomb Fairies are indeed based on a number of steps; I believe it's between 40~70 steps per encounter? It generates a random number between those two, and when the player walks that many steps you run into a trainer battle.

- Writing:
Ahaha, yeah... I do tend to write a lot... When I'm passionate about something and enjoy doing it, I tend to let myself get carried away haha; I digress, there is a skip text button though, and all you'd have to do is hold the Esc key to blitz past text quite easily.

This story takes place after the start of the Puppet Era, so I didn't want to spend TOO much time delving into the backstory of why Puppets exist or what they are. I plan to do a bit more in my main Touhoumon project, Faith & Prayer Version, so please look forward to that!

- Bugs:
Ah..... Typos...... My favorite............. I will address these in a later update, so thanks for pointing them out to me!
Also, 16 is indeed a fairy. It's an intentional thing, the fairy goes invisible after you beat them.

- Team:
Yeah that sounds about what I expected honestly, levels are a bit lower than my own tests but powering through with AKeine and Aya seems feasable all things considered. 4 hours lines up with my own and playtesters playtimes.

----------

Once again, I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thank you for the feedback! Please keep an eye out for 1.1 sometime in the indeterminate future!

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Oh! A few more things I forgot to mention. Premier Balls are still called Premier Balls (rather than Premier Orbs, perhaps?) and the shopkeepers refer to them as such ("I'll throw in a Premier Ball, too"). The save screen has the number of badges on it. I guess you'd want to remove this? Similarly, the load screen has badges and Pokédex listed, and a Pokémon cry is played when you hit enter on the intro screen rather than a Touhoumon cry or no cry at all.

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
Oh! A few more things I forgot to mention. Premier Balls are still called Premier Balls (rather than Premier Orbs, perhaps?) and the shopkeepers refer to them as such ("I'll throw in a Premier Ball, too"). The save screen has the number of badges on it. I guess you'd want to remove this? Similarly, the load screen has badges and Pokédex listed, and a Pokémon cry is played when you hit enter on the intro screen rather than a Touhoumon cry or no cry at all.
Premier Balls were niche and I forgot to remove/replace them, I'll do something with it in 1.1. As for the badges, yeah I forgot to comment those lines out. Whoops! Pokedex will be changed to "Puppets Seen". As for Pokemon cries playing, that's honestly something I can't bring myself to care too strongly about. Thank you for pointing these out though!

anh1092001

Rookie
Currently I am playing The Festival of Curse and I got a bug that I cat't proceed to the final fight of the game. How can I fix this ?
The Curse of Festival Bug.jpg

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
I... have never seen this bug before. You'll have to go into more detail about the state of your game up to that point.

anh1092001

Rookie
I... have never seen this bug before. You'll have to go into more detail about the state of your game up to that point.
I wish this could help having more insight about what may cause it.
Currently, I am at Mugenkan, I defeated Elly, enter the Mainsion, have a conversation with Yuuka, I tried to enter the final fight and bug appear.

Attachments

• bandicam 2022-12-31 14-06-54-288.mp4
    4.9 MB

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
Upload your save file and I'll try and look into it; I can't make any promises that I'll be able to fix or reproduce it, but this is the best way for me to try and do so.

anh1092001

Rookie
Upload your save file and I'll try and look into it; I can't make any promises that I'll be able to fix or reproduce it, but this is the best way for me to try and do so.
Where can I find it ? I have search blindly and then realized that I have no clue what a save file look like

anh1092001

Rookie
I don't know if this "States" file is the right one. Currently, I am upload an entire game folder on Google Drive and will provide you a link when I able. Sorry for bother you so much.

Attachments

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
The save file for that version should be located in the following folder directory

"C:\Users\[YOUR COMPUTER USER NAME HERE]\Saved Games\Touhou Puppet Play _ The Mansion of Mystery"

anh1092001

Rookie

Attachments

Last edited:

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
I've observed the bug on your save specifically, but on my own save I don't see it. I've examined multiple avenues of recreating it and have deduced the issue is somehow intrinsic to the map- but not so intrinsic that I get the issue on my save. I've purged every event from the map on a copy, and I still get the issue. I've tried warping to the map using debug tools and the bug pops up still. A fresh save can't reproduce the bug... The biggest oddity here is the fact that the "Main" script file doesn't even have 163 lines.

Did you notice anything else odd while playing the game? It may help in diagnosis.

Issue found and fixed thanks to Vendily.
Drop the file in here into your Data folder. This should allow you to progress into Mugenkan's back gardens.

I will look into why this bug happened at a later time and fix it for a proper Quick Patch.

Last edited:
Back