• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Banished Platinum

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version

CbSjFav.png

Pokémon Banished Platinum is a Pokémon Platinum remake made with Pokémon Essentials. Building upon objectively the best game in the Sinnoh triad, it preserves the important elements such as the characters, region layout and plot, while introducing new features and quality of life changes, in addition to a plethora of Pokémon previously unobtainable in an expanded Pokédex.

mReFTeU.png

Features

Expanded Sinnoh Pokédex of 400 Pokémon
New and returning Mega Evolutions
Sinnohan Forms
Following Pokémon

Unlimited Use TMs/No HMs
Ability Capsules and Ability Patches
Nature Mints
Hearthome Colosseum (replaces contest hall)
Jubilife TV battle rooms
Increased difficulty and level caps
Nuzlocke mode
Hidden Grottos
New moves and new Abilities
New shiny colorations
Doubled shiny rate

Convenient services in each Pokémon Center
Portraits for the main characters
Wild encounter list
All Sinnoh legendaries obtainable
All starters obtainable through trading
Hisuian Forms and Pokémon

Some Generation 9 Pokémon
No Trade Evolutions
Wonder Trade
Box Link
Revamped Bag Pockets
Improved overworld and battle graphics

ORAS-esque redesigns for player characters
Zame's remastered Sinnoh tunes

Screenshots

xAMXYMW.png

Fellow Eevee Expo members BiggusWeeabus, King_Waluigi and lichenprincess have been an enormous help with this game, as well as Cthulu the Noodles Man on Discord. Without their contributions, the game would not be at the level of quality it's at now. This game also utilizes the resources made public here by talented developers and scripters. Everyone who has made a mark on this game in some way can be found in the credits list below.

Credits

Discord Server
Current Version Download

Banished Platinum Wiki

Latest Demo's content: 4 Gyms/Up to Route 213

Attachments

• StarterMegas.png
    StarterMegas.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 31,334
  • Barry_Flustered.png
    Barry_Flustered.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 25,904
  • Cynthia_ClosedEyeSmile.png
    Cynthia_ClosedEyeSmile.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 26,025
  • Lucas_Wink.png
    Lucas_Wink.png
    197.6 KB · Views: 9,992
  • SinnohForms.png
    SinnohForms.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 10,530
  • TitleScreen.gif
    TitleScreen.gif
    724.6 KB · Views: 48,437
  • template.png
    template.png
    184.2 KB · Views: 2,846
Last edited:

Leondrea

Trainer
I'm impressed that one already had the idea to develop a remake of a Gen 4 game.
I like that! If I were you I would change the Galar Zigzagoon and Galar Obstagoon to a regional Sinnoh Fakemon.
E.g. take a Zigzagoon Sprite to recolour it to look like it comes from Sinnoh, think of what type the Sinnoh-Form would have?
When I think back to when I played diamond and platinum then I must think of the rock type, because there were the Gym Leader with the rock type Pokémon, and there were also a lot of fossils that were available through mining. I also think you could add a minigame for mining, I believe it comes
with Essentials, depending on which version you're using, but I think it comes with v.16+ if not much earlier.

Add more regional variants for Pokémon (recoloured Pokémon) you could add more evolutions from Pokémon from Gen 4.
I like the idea of Jubilife TV, but you could do it as they did in X and Y or USUM, where they added buildings with elevators and with
people working there who wanted to fight, and still, though the buildings they did, were so detailed and even if nothing important happened there,
people knew what the building was about.

And think of how they had made a remake of Ruby and Sapphire in 3D, they took the old story and integrated a new story inside of that with a bunch of new features, the "DexNav" and that sneaking in the grass, being one of them. I think that's it, what's all about.

To do it much better you could implement those new features of Sword and Shield, where the Pokémon OW-sprite appears in the grass and everywhere. Try to do it open world, Dynamax could also be a new feature, but with Pokémon of Sinnoh. Your game has a lot of potentials, that needs to be exploited in a positive way of saying. You don't have to accept my ideas, just think about that. I'm looking forward to how your game will look as soon as it's finished developing.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
Add more regional variants for Pokémon (recoloured Pokémon) you could add more evolutions from Pokémon from Gen 4.
I hadn't considered doing this, but I really like the idea so I think I'll give it a try. If you have any other ideas for regional forms, I'd like to hear them! I decided to only go with regional forms for Pokémon that didn't exist in the original Platinum, so that there are no contradictions.

Last edited:

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
I have currently finished creating the Gardenia battle. When I finish Hearthome City and everything within it, I will release a demo. Before that though, I need to finish the rest of Eterna's events (already have the map itself finished), I need to make the cycling road, Wayward cave, Route 211, Route 207 and the lower area of Mt. Coronet. Here's a peek at Eterna City. For anyone looking forward to this, thank you for your patience, I am working as fast as I can.
Exported Map.png

akanteRR

Rookie
I'm interested. Always wanted to play a solid D/P/Pt fan game. Keep going, it loooks great.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
Here's the first regional form you encounter in the game, Sinnohan Mimikyu. It can be found in the Old Chateau along with Gastly, Rattata and Glameow (my logic being that Rattata have infested the abandoned building and stray Glameow live in there and feed on them).
778.png
778b.png
778s.png
778sb.png

Sinnohan Mimikyu wears a Pachirisu costume due to Pachirisu's popularity in the Sinnoh region.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
Nice! Just curious, when is a demo expected to drop?
I'd say by next Friday at the very latest, I only have a few more areas to create before I reach my goal of having Hearthome City complete for the demo. It's most likely going to be earlier than that though.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
I've finished the first floor of Wayward Cave and am working on the second (events, already finished layout) so there's only a few more maps to do before I release the demo. I wanted to show off the second regional form in the game, which is catchable in Wayward Cave.
595.png
595b.png
595s.png
595sb.png

596.png
596b.png
596s.png
596sb.png

Bug/Ground type Joltik and Galvantula, based on trapdoor spiders and their attack and special attack have been swapped so now they're physical attackers.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
Are megas planned for this fan game?
I think I'll include them, it might make the game a lot easier but it's always up to the player if they want to use megas or not so I'll do it

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
If you need any help with megas, I like helping out with stuff like that! For instance, you could get the Key Stone in Celestic Town, or if you wanting to put it in a place sooner, in Mt. Coronet or Eterna City.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
If you need any help with megas, I like helping out with stuff like that! For instance, you could get the Key Stone in Celestic Town, or if you wanting to put it in a place sooner, in Mt. Coronet or Eterna City.
Since I don't have HMs in the game, what I did was I made it so Cynthia gives you a mega ring when she would normally give you the HM for cut. Since it's pretty early in the game, she doesn't give you any mega stones and you have to find them yourself. So far, I've got the Steelixite and Mawilite in the game

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
The highest leveled Pokémon at that point would be Jupiter's level 23 Skuntank. Gardenia's Roserade is at level 22.

Last edited:
Back