• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Essentials Modular Battle Scene 2.0.2

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
Does this function like a Horde Battle, like in X&Y?
"Modular" should straight up tell you any knowledge you already know about this script should fit with any scenario you could come up with. Example: "Hoard Battles" Are defined as 1 player Pokémon vs 5 Pokémon, the screenshot in the original post shows 3 player Pokémon vs 5 Pokémon. if this script is "Modular" like I said, I think you should already know the answer

Leondrea

Trainer
"Modular" should straight up tell you any knowledge you already know about this script should fit with any scenario you could come up with. Example: "Hoard Battles" Are defined as 1 player Pokémon vs 5 Pokémon, the screenshot in the original post shows 3 player Pokémon vs 5 Pokémon. if this script is "Modular" like I said, I think you should already know the answer
If I were a native English/American speaker, yes I should know it, but I'm not, so I didn't know what Modular means/meant, so I thought its something else.
Sorry for I'm being dumb I have problems understanding words that were derived from latin or french.

Zed_Coeur

Rookie
sure:

[Thu Aug 12 13:43:32 Central Daylight Time 2021]
[Pokémon Essentials version 18]
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error within event 6 (coords 19,28), map 82 (Route 301):
Exception: NameError
Message: :1656:in `pbTrainerBattleCore'undefined local variable or method `room_for_partner' for #<Interpreter:0xc8ca518>

***Full script:
pbModTrBat(1,1,:POKEMONTRAINER_Zed,"Markus")

Backtrace:
Interpreter:201:in `pbExecuteScript'
:1356:in `pbModTrBat'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:665:in `eval'
Interpreter:201:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:665:in `command_111'
Interpreter:279:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:155:in `update'
Interpreter:102:in `loop'
Interpreter:158:in `update'

Backtrace:
Interpreter:237:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:665:in `command_111'
Interpreter:279:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:155:in `update'
Interpreter:102:in `loop'
Interpreter:158:in `update'
Scene_Map:162:in `update'
Scene_Map:160:in `loop'
Scene_Map:169:in `update'
Scene_Map:229:in `main'

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
sure:

[Thu Aug 12 13:43:32 Central Daylight Time 2021]
[Pokémon Essentials version 18]
Message: :1656:in `pbTrainerBattleCore'undefined local variable or method `room_for_partner' for #<Interpreter:0xc8ca518>
Manual fix: Go to line 1477 and copy the line of code above the "if !room" and place it on line 1656.
Lazy Fix: Redownload the script and inject v1.2.1 sine I updated it

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
Uhm ... it tells me pbModWildBattle is an undefined method?
the blurb at the top of the post is outdated. just Ctrl + f for ModWild and you'll fine the right method

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
there is no compatibility between your script and the Zud of the version of essentials v18?
while ZUD did make this and itself compatible back in v18, neither Lucidious, St. Cooler, nor myself will be providing any further support for v18 versions of our code since we've all upgraded to v19

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
So, when you say that I have to take the scripts in this plugin and put them into the script editor, does that mean I have to replace the scripts in the script editor, or does it mean I have to add them without replacing anything?
all of my scripts are "Plugin Agnostic" meaning it doesn't matter if you install them in the script editor or the plugin folder. simply refer to my creations as scripts. if you replace anything in the script editor, you have failed to install this resource properly. if you want to install this in the script editor, scroll to the bottom of the script editor, select the divider above Main, press 'Insert' on your keyboard, and paste the script into the blank editor. save and load. and important: START A NEW SAVE AFTER INSTALLING

I've updated the download to allow for a 'Plugin Friendly' version to be used. pick your poison

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

BadEgg

Rookie
Great script, took me a minute to get it up and running, but now I'm good. I just have a couple questions.

Is there a way to automatically set PokemonSystem.plabatlmt to "3" at start without having to set in Options?
Is there a way to remove the ability for the player to change PokemonSystem.plabatlmt in the Options menu?

I have it set so Wild Battles have a chance to be trio, double or single, but I want the player party to always be 3 (so 3v3, 3v2, 3v1). The only way I've been able to get this to work for Wild Battles is just setting it in Options to 3, but I'd like to automate it and remove the ability for the player to mess with it.

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
Great script, took me a minute to get it up and running, but now I'm good. I just have a couple questions.

Is there a way to automatically set PokemonSystem.plabatlmt to "3" at start without having to set in Options?
Is there a way to remove the ability for the player to change PokemonSystem.plabatlmt in the Options menu?

I have it set so Wild Battles have a chance to be trio, double or single, but I want the player party to always be 3 (so 3v3, 3v2, 3v1). The only way I've been able to get this to work for Wild Battles is just setting it in Options to 3, but I'd like to automate it and remove the ability for the player to mess with it.
change line 70 and 76 of the plugin to equal 3 and 0 respectively. then start a new game

BadEgg

Rookie
change line 70 and 76 of the plugin to equal 3 and 0 respectively. then start a new game
Thanks!

Lastly, is there a way I can make it so the screen is always the same size as it is when during 3vX battles? I tried changing the resolution in Settings to match the ones for 3v Battles, but it breaks the maps in game...

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
Thanks!

Lastly, is there a way I can make it so the screen is always the same size as it is when during 3vX battles? I tried changing the resolution in Settings to match the ones for 3v Battles, but it breaks the maps in game...
there is, but it requires modifying every ui in the game, which is why it's set up the way it is rn.

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
Hi there,

I'm in v191. and used the latest script v2.0.2.
I started a new game and I got this error before even getting into a battle.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    311.5 KB · Views: 102
Back