• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Essentials Modular Battle Scene 2.0.2

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
Hi there,

I'm in v191. and used the latest script v2.0.2.
I started a new game and I got this error before even getting into a battle.
Did you install this as a Plugin or in the In-Game Script Editor? also, what else are you using for this project.

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
Did you install this as a Plugin or in the In-Game Script Editor? also, what else are you using for this project.
Installed as script rather than plugin. Here are the other scripts we are using. It's quite a lot:
Advanced HM Items
Advanced Map Transfers
Always in Bushes
Ambient Pokémon Cries
Astralneko's Scripting Utilities
Bag Screen with Interactable Party
Better Region Map
DexNav
DiegoWT's Starter Selection
DPPT Gender Selector Scene
Easy Text Skip
Easy Mouse System
Evolve from Party
EVs and IVs in Summary
Following Pokémon EX
Item Find
Location Signposts
Luka's Scripting Utilities
Marin's Scripting Utilities
Modern Quest System + UI
Overworld Shadows EX
Overworld Shadows EX
Pokémon Amie
Quicksave (very teeny tiny script our team made)
Speed Up 2.0
Video with Using Gif
Voltseon's A-Star Pathfinding
Voltseon's Pause Menu

Just to make sure I'm not wasting your time, I put the script in a fresh version of v19.1 did a new game. Got this error when the intro got to pbEnterText

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    132.2 KB · Views: 112

Cabig

Trainer
Can confirm Gardenette's issue. I'm using this as my only script and getting the same error.

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
This could be an old save issue. delete your save file and start a new game, I'm still unable to replicate this error, and from past experiments I know some save data 'lingers' if that makes sense.

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
I got it to work. I started a new save (thought I did that already) on a clean version of 19.1 with nothing else installed. I put the contents of Essentials Modular Battle Scene v2.0.2 into the script editor (not a plugin), and I made the event to start a double battle with mew and celebi, both at level 10.
I did run into errors after making the event and trying to use it, so I had to start another new game after making the event. Then it worked.

Cabig

Trainer
I got it to work. I started a new save (thought I did that already) on a clean version of 19.1 with nothing else installed. I put the contents of Essentials Modular Battle Scene v2.0.2 into the script editor (not a plugin), and I made the event to start a double battle with mew and celebi, both at level 10.
I did run into errors after making the event and trying to use it, so I had to start another new game after making the event. Then it worked.
Interesting. I'll try your method and see if it works.

Back